• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLOU was fine. I really don't get the criticisms.

People just bitch because Pat missed items. Didn't he play it for the first time though? FOH

NMH 2 was THE worst. I already didn't enjoy the game and Woolie using the slowest fucking weapon in the game and dying a lot was fucking torture man.

K, I'll add it to the back log.

Gamestop Edge card perhaps?
68a.jpg

Because of the fans?
I'm a huge fan, but not the "Citizen Kane" "Best game of all time" kind of fan.

Not even, I mostly just ignore that stuff, I just realized I didn't like the feel of the gameplay and that the story wasn't for me, aside from the ending, which I did like. It just kind of felt like derivative "dark and serious zombie story" with solid execution and I resent it for the fact that Resident Evil is going to copy the shit out of it, ruining the goofy fun I've come to love from that series.

You're never going to see a fictional island overrun with lizard monsters get blown up be a satellite laser in Last of Us.

Quality game, definitely, just not for me in retrospect.

NMH 2 was THE worst. I already didn't enjoy the game and Woolie using the slowest fucking weapon in the game and dying a lot was fucking torture man.
That playthrough made me pick up NMH and NMH2, so I have fond memories of it for that reason.

It wasn't a good LP, but I'd never seen the games.

Ok imagine for a sec if the dark souls lp was with liam instead of woolie and it was just liam and pat fucking around with a gimmick build. But also talking about lore and shit.

That playthrough made me pick up NMH and NMH2, so I have fond memories of it for that reason.

It wasn't a good LP, but I'd never seen the games.

NMH2 for me was just a huge disappointment for me. I loved 1. It had it's problems sure, but the way you actually gave a damn about some of the bosses in so little time was great. Then 2 happened and I didn't give a shit about them or anything really.

I don't think I can rank the TBF combinations just because I don't have a least favorite. There are some I like more than others, but its not like when I see a certain combination I get unhype.

Pat by himself is GOAT though.

Ok imagine for a sec if the dark souls lp was with liam instead of woolie and it was just liam and pat fucking around with a gimmick build. But also talking about lore and shit.

That'd be interesting in a different way, but I really like Woolie's first impressions. Pat does paint them for him a lot of the time, but seeing him experience shit is cool, especially since he doesn't have the prior souls cynicism that most of us do.

NMH2 for me was just a huge disappointment for me. I loved 1. It had it's problems sure, but the way you actually gave a damn about some of the bosses in so little time was great. Then 2 happened and I didn't give a shit about them or anything really.

NMH is close to being my game of the generation, largely because Travis is just an amalgamation of all of my interests made into a crazy anime character with a lightsaber.

NMH2 feels like a meta-commentary on sequels. And I know people don't like that answer, but I'm almost certain the shitty parts are meant to be shit.
I'd fucking love that, but I think the audience would be a lot different, as well as the product.

I want a Liam x Matt x Woolie DS LP where they can all take turns and fuck up super hard, then Liam comes in and gun jumps his way through the game.

I think every duo has their charm and their dynamic, and the only real problems happen when Woolie is on the controls. He's way better at commentating when he's not playing.

I think Chie's voices both don't really work great b/c the original is older than she should sound and the Golden doesn't fit her character too well

What the fuck kind of bullshit corporate language is "Ubisoft announced that after 10 years of collaboration, the company and Jade Raymond have agreed to pursue future opportunities separately."? So it was an artistic collaboration, not a job? You didn't pay her to work for you, Ubisoft? Was it a good breakup, or will you eat ice cream alone on the couch now?

I really don't care too much about the pairings, but on what game they play. Some of the Woolie LPs are of some games that don't lend themselves well to LPs.

Gamer Y

Still think less of it, it's Pat constant put down of the game that irks me. But I can't say much, I like all the pairings and still watched it, just skipping til they get to the 1st DLC or til I get to the other two I haven't played.

With Liam there, it'll almost be impossible to watch, cause..excuse this.. he'll know what he means..eh?=w=

croten

What I hate about Woolie playing the game is that he nearly always gets frustrated at some point and takes everything way too seriously which, if he was playing on his own and not making a video, would be understandable but it's just annoying to watch.

Not exactly. Regardless of the fact that I'm a big fan of Ellie, I don't care that they call her garbage. It's just that the joke was recycled insanely often and it got a bit stale for me after a while. I don't mind recycled jokes when used sparingly and at the right moments, as those can be funny, but that wasn't how I experienced it. But again, it's still a decent LP and I'm certainly in the minority.

I don't blame you, the joke got old after the 10th time Pat repeated it, but honestly there isn't much to make fun of or comment on in a game like that. It was too new and too polished to really dig into it.

When it came to on-topic conversations about the game, plot points, and the ending, I enjoyed their view of the story.

Still think less of it, it's Pat constant put down of the game that irks me. But I can't say much, I like all the pairings and still watched it, just skipping til they get to the 1st DLC or til I get to the other two I haven't played.

With Liam there, it'll almost be impossible to watch, cause..excuse this.. he'll know what he means..eh?=w=
Theyre starting with iron king right now. Woolies isnt doing well in terms of skills right now tho

What I hate about Woolie playing the game is that he nearly always gets frustrated at some point and takes everything way too seriously which, if he was playing on his own and not making a video, would be understandable but it's just annoying to watch.

Yet when he's just joking around and scrubbing it up in the game, fans start complaining. Can't have it both ways.

You just hit the nail on the head for why I don't like Woolie's vids.

Well, that and the games suck.

Zenfalcia

Okay I come back to what appears to be Zaibatsu OTPs?

At least it's on topic sorta for once. :p

It seems like woolie really cares about how he looks and if the video is entertaining or not, rather than just enjoying the game.

Theyre starting with iron king right now. Woolies isnt doing well in terms of skills right now tho

Good. We need to see Woolie struggle a little bit in order to become the truest Souls player.

Going from DS2 to DS1 is so jarring. The difficulty curve is different and I know he'll struggle going backwards.

I don't blame you, the joke got old after the 10th time Pat repeated it, but honestly there isn't much to make fun of or comment on in a game like that. It was too new and too polished to really dig into it.

When it came to on-topic conversations about the game, plot points, and the ending, I enjoyed their view of the story.
Garbage was just a nickname before too long. It became endearing.
That and when he stops moving and just sits there thinking. I mean. You can do that shit in a show for entertainment. Just gooooo.
It's fine in Dark Souls, since the game wants you to go slow. In Guacamelee he's been doing good though.

That'd be interesting in a different way, but I really like Woolie's first impressions. Pat does paint them for him a lot of the time, but seeing him experience shit is cool, especially since he doesn't have the prior souls cynicism that most of us do.

Woolie doesn't have a lot of prior Souls' cynisism, but Pat has more than enough to make up for the both of them. Boy, can it get jarring at times. We've all had the situation (I'm guessing) where you're just enjoying something, but one of your friends keeps nagging you about how that other thing is so much better. It's like that.

I like the Dark Souls 2 LP a whole lot, but it would've been much better if Pat just settled down every once in a while and actually let Woolie experience/play the game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode of "Hey, you know what's better than this? Dark Souls!" the LP.

360pages

Despite the Last of Us having a pretty good story, it's a pretty cut and dry game in terms of gameplay.

They work best when they are talking about super silly/bad games. Escape from Bug Island is legit one of my top 10's of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom