• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
Well I'm no better, I'm still can't beat the squalid queen.

She's a pushover.

Just stick close to her ass and whack away at it. She's even more predicatble than nashandra. The only thing you have to worry about is when she summons Velstadt, then it gets tricky.

And then you'll meet Sinh and you'll rage all over again.

Despite the Last of Us having a pretty good story, it's a pretty cut and dry game in terms of gameplay.

They work best when they are talking about super silly/bad games. Escape from Bug Island is legit one of my top 10's of theirs.
Streetwise has this weird curve of being amazing, then horrible and boring, and then the GOAT LP.

Despite the Last of Us having a pretty good story, it's a pretty cut and dry game in terms of gameplay.

I was always the opposite with the last of us. I thought it had some of the best 3rd person shooter gun play I've seen since re4 but I only thought the story was good for a video game.

croten

Good. We need to see Woolie struggle a little bit in order to become the truest Souls player.

Going from DS2 to DS1 is so jarring. The difficulty curve is different and I know he'll struggle going backwards.

but has actually beaten the game now, he has no excuses with "I'm not used to this kind of game." Fucker, you have been playing it for a 60 episode LP. With 60 episodes at around 30 minutes each that roughly equates to 30 hours of game time plus whatever he had when he played by himself before the LP and the time they cut out. You should have gotten gud at this point.

Woolie doesn't have a lot of prior Souls' cynisism, but Pat has more than enough to make up for the both of them. Boy, can it get jarring at times. We've all had the situation (I'm guessing) where you're just enjoying something, but one of your friends keeps nagging you about how that other thing is so much better. It's like that.

I like the Dark Souls 2 LP a whole lot, but it would've been much better if Pat just settled down every once in a while and actually let Woolie experience/play the game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode of "Hey, you know what's better than this? Dark Souls!" the LP.
Im usually that person....cause fuck you the prequels suck and you shouldnt like them!

I feel like Woolie's problem on the controls is that he's hyperaware of his audience in the exact wrong way. The Nuzlocke got bad because YOU DO NOT DO A NUZLOCKE ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT AT LEAST KNOWING THE TYPE CHART AND WHAT POKEMONS ARE WHICH TYPE, and LIAM DID NOT KNOW AS MUCH AS HE THOUGHT HE DID. Woolie got beat down by the comments and stopped wanting to be there, and that's when the LP went bad. The stream was great because he took a break, got back up, and brought in everybody. Man was the Nuzlocke stream awesome.

Gamer Y

She's a pushover.

Just stick close to her ass and whack away at it. She's even more predicatble than nashandra. The only thing you have to worry about is when she summons Velstadt, then it gets tricky.

And then you'll meet Sinh and you'll rage all over again.
Yeah, it might just be cause I'm using my NG+ character, should just try a new game. Think I'll have a better go at it then?

They work best when they are talking about super silly/bad games. Escape from Bug Island is legit one of my top 10's of theirs.

I will be so salt if they don't finish Escape from Bug Island one day.

Well, most LPs are best when they're about games where the players/commentators can use the material in the game for entertainment, rather than forced to create the entertainment.

That's why I've been watching a lot of Chip and Ironicus. I think they are some of the best at using the game for entertainment.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, it might just be cause I'm using my NG+ character, should just try a new game. Think I'll have a better go at it then?

Nah, i beat her easily on NG++ and helping out while being summoned

You can get nearly half her life bar as soon as you walk through the fog door. She takes a while to start up and you can just run straight ahead and whack her something fierce before she can even start attacking.

I feel like Woolie's problem on the controls is that he's hyperaware of his audience in the exact wrong way. The Nuzlocke got bad because YOU DO NOT DO A NUZLOCKE ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT AT LEAST KNOWING THE TYPE CHART AND WHAT POKEMONS ARE WHICH TYPE, and LIAM DID NOT KNOW AS MUCH AS HE THOUGHT HE DID. Woolie got beat down by the comments and stopped wanting to be there, and that's when the LP went bad. The stream was great because he took a break, got back up, and brought in everybody. Man was the Nuzlocke stream awesome.

Nuzlocke got bad because pokemon is a boring game to LP. Nothing Liam, Woolie or Matt could have done would've made it more interesting, and god knows they tried to. It wasn't until the stream that it became one of their bests.

I know, though it's still not absolutely necessary to constantly jokes into the LP. But yes, I agree that their on-topic conversations were pretty decent. I enjoyed that as well, which is why I say that it's still a decent LP, it's just not nearly one of their best in my opinion.

Best LP is Barkley, hands down.

but has actually beaten the game now, he has no excuses with "I'm not used to this kind of game." Fucker, you have been playing it for a 60 episode LP. With 60 episodes at around 30 minutes each that roughly equates to 30 hours of game time plus whatever he had when he played by himself before the LP and the time they cut out. You should have gotten gud at this point.

If you had someone telling you where to go and what to do every 5-10 minutes, you'd get frustrated sometimes too. I was worried about Woolz in the Iron Keep episodes. He sounds frustrated in those clips.

Pat should've let him experience certain things by himself, but realistically they need the views and this is their living now, so I can see why Pat told him so many things to speed up the game.

croten

The ending bossfights and stuff were fucking ridiculous. You could skip ahead a few episodes and enjoy it.

Needs capture software to do it, sadly. OR COMPLETELY LEGAL METHODS FOR OLDER CONSOLES, LIKE THE NUZLOCKE.

I think they actually used the gamecube adapter thing for that. Could be wrong though

360pages

They didn't need to make it a Nuzlock. A regular playthough probably would have been more fun since they wouldn't be worrying about losing pokemon all the time and it would have been more laxed.

Nuzlocke got bad because pokemon is a boring game to LP. Nothing Liam, Woolie or Matt could have done would've made it more interesting, and god knows they tried to. It wasn't until the stream that it became one of their bests.
I've only seen it work with superfans, and editing. So Projared's.
I think they actually used the gamecube adapter thing for that. Could be wrong though
It would've had a border iirc. I know for a fact it was a computer during the nuzlocke stream, and I think they even mention it.

Woolie speeds up emulation during the Stream too.

That completely broke the Nuzlocke for me. I couldn't believe that they went into a Pokemon challenge mode, not knowing a damn thing about Pokemon.

It could have been good still, if they didn't lose the hype.

croten

I've only seen it work with superfans, and editing. So Projared's.

It would've had a border iirc. I know for a fact it was a computer during the nuzlocke stream, and I think they even mention it.

Woolie speeds up emulation during the Stream too.

Jared also streamed it as well, which is the best way to do it.

Ahh I didn't know

RE6 I can understand, but what didnt you like about vanquish?

Hell Binary Domain is a better TPS than TLOU.

firefly.gif

The worst part is, you're not wrong....

THANK YOU.

Hey only if the band they were before was way better.

Way better. Did you even listen to them back then? I guess not 'cause you're not such a hardcore fan as I am. Their neo-classical trans-jazz-metal-fusion sound was on a whole other level.

But whatever, it's not like I like them anymore. They sold out and became way too commercial for my taste when everybody else started listening to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom