• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm alive, Frienders! Back home and feeling surprisingly okay for just having my gallbladder yanked out. And maybe I'll regret posting this later, but I'm still a bit hopped up on anesthesia and don't care so here's a picture of me just after surgery I took with my Vita (can #postsurgeryvitaselfie be a thing?):

Glad to be back with you guys! <3 you all.

Hey, glad nothing went wrong. Next time I have surgery I'll take a selfie for you.

Rising had graphic options. Just changing resolutions is not acceptable in 2014.

For fuck sake, it should have never been acceptable ever!

rising had graphic options
I'm just saying to blame Activision because Platnium (I think at least) know how to make a PC port. I'm with you guys soaring above the consoles but I don't give 2 shits for Avatar and it's kin so I didn't care about the game in the first place

Squishy3

I'm alive, Frienders! Back home and feeling surprisingly okay for just having my gallbladder yanked out. And maybe I'll regret posting this later, but I'm still a bit hopped up on anesthesia and don't care so here's a picture of me just after surgery I took with my Vita (can #postsurgeryvitaselfie be a thing?):

Back just in time for the week of Platinum to begin.

The Equalists are totally right. Benders are oppressing people like you and me.

That whole concept always bothered me. It's no different than a short, physically weak person starting a secret society of short, physically weak people to fight the tall world order. In the show, benders get their shit wrecked by non-benders all the time. If you can beat up anybody from a group of people, they can't oppress you. And if the problem was political, start a political movement. Dumbass terrorist motherfuckers.

Woop woop! Beat Mega Man X3. Fuck that final boss and it'd stupid hitbox. Oh well. That was a lot better than X2. X1 still reign supreme, though.
That's basically my feelings on it. Interested to see how you'll handle that PS1 jump. Lots of people like X4, so I'm interested if we'll disagree.
I'm alive, Frienders! Back home and feeling surprisingly okay for just having my gallbladder yanked out. And maybe I'll regret posting this later, but I'm still a bit hopped up on anesthesia and don't care so here's a picture of me just after surgery I took with my Vita (can #postsurgeryvitaselfie be a thing?)

Glad to hear you're feeling well!

aw yeahs hype!

And I'm sad about Korra's port too, but I still have to buy it day one. My hype can't be contained for it.
If they do a full retail sequel, that's when we get the graphics options.

I'll get the game on sale, and when there's a fix. Sorry Platinum, next time, put some effort into your PC releases.

That's basically my feelings on it. Interested to see how you'll handle that PS1 jump. Lots of people like X4, so I'm interested if we'll disagree.

Glad to hear you're feeling well!

Silly Mrgoodwil, don't you know that the sequel to Mega Man X3 is Devil May Cry 3?
I'm putting Mega Man on hold to play DMC3

You didn't like X4?

Squishy3

YEA! What a nice surprise.

Korra's likely bad PC port will be a shame. Well I guess I have to wait on that then...
Buying it day 1, standards be damned. Don't give a shit about graphics options because there's no way I won't be able to run it at 1080p/60. It's not like the game is pushing graphical boundaries anyway. The minimum requirements suggest a 8800 GT, for crying out loud. :p

no-ragrets-1.jpg

Jman014

That whole concept always bothered me. It's no different than a short, physically weak person starting a secret society of short, physically weak people to fight the tall world order. In the show, benders get their shit wrecked by non-benders all the time.

Korra book 1-4
I don't like how Equalists and people afraid of benders were just a book 1 thing. I know book 1 was written separately than the rest but still. It's not like all of that could just go away within the 6 months that pass in between books 1 and 2. That movement should still be alive as of the last book.

360pages

The final boss in X3 is bullshit, unfun and hard to land a hit even with the Z-saber.

Also, did anyone ever read that thing I sent them? Never going to stop asking.

Silly Mrgoodwil, don't you know that the sequel to Mega Man X3 is Devil May Cry 3?
I'm putting Mega Man on hold to play DMC3

You didn't like X4?
Oh, pff. Fuck X2 onwards compared to DMC3. DMC3 is the character action game of forever.

Nope. It's not a super popular opinion, but changing the engine ruins the artstyle and physics for me. It has some positives, but changing the core gameplay without any outstanding improvements kills me.

360pages

That whole concept always bothered me. It's no different than a short, physically weak person starting a secret society of short, physically weak people to fight the tall world order. In the show, benders get their shit wrecked by non-benders all the time. If you can beat up anybody from a group of people, they can't oppress you. And if the problem was political, start a political movement. Dumbass terrorist motherfuckers.

The problem is, non-benders were being oppressed somewhat, the fact they were capable of shutting down power to an entire district as well as imposing a curfew for an entire group of people was enough to show their voices were ignored.

Guys are we forgetting it's like a 15 dollar game, and I'm pretty sure they didn't spend that long on it.

So? When I make a purchase, I expect to basic PC features to be available. When I do not get basic features, I don't make a purchase.

Sorry. I would love to support Platinum, but I won't support laziness.

croten

Buying it day 1, standards be damned. Don't give a shit about graphics options because there's no way I won't be able to run it at 1080p/60. It's not like the game is pushing graphical boundaries anyway. The minimum requirements suggest a 8800 GT, for crying out loud. :p

no-ragrets-1.jpg

I'm sure people thought that about FF13

360pages

Oh, pff. Fuck X2 onwards compared to DMC3. DMC3 is the character action game of forever.

Nope. It's not a super popular opinion, but changing the engine ruins the artstyle and physics for me. It has some positives, but changing the core gameplay without any outstanding improvements kills me.

X4 is easily the best X game in the series, at least for me everything was perfect and the game ran smoothly. It was easily the best X game after X1.

Guys are we forgetting it's like a 15 dollar game, and I'm pretty sure they didn't spend that long on it.

Yeah, but when you spend all that money on a PC to play games with more graphical options than the console version, its disappointing when those options aren't there.

I think its silly though. I would never get unhyped for a game that looks really cool just because its not better than the console version, but I would also never become a PC gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom