• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
Legend Of Korra comes out Tomorrow.. GET HYPE

Got that shit pre-ordered and auto-downloaded yesterday, gonna stay up to play it tonight.... I think, it works like that right? The JP digital of Ultimax was playable right at midnight japan time, so hopefully I can go for it. I'm super pumped, man, I wonder how easy it'll be to cross bend mid-combo, or if there's a universal way to cancel attacks and moves.

Also, Max is gonna be on the cast this week right? Too much hype right now, I wonder if it'll be a segment in itself or if he'll be around the whole show.

Squishy3

Its probably gonna be revengance difficulty since its for fans of platinum and korra. They said the game is supposed to have a shit ton of replay value.
They said what the difficulty level is, but I don't remember. By "for fans of Platinum" I'm sure they meant it's another ultra-hard difficulty like Non-Stop Infinite Climax.

Holy shit

We'll tell you all about how sick it was, Banana.
tumblr_mt4rpgjKNb1qzp9weo1_500.gif

I got real excited when ever I see dynamic lighting in a game and I don't know why
Dynamic lightning makes me so giddy when I see it. That, and Bokeh DoF. I love it.

Fuck Bloom though. That shit gets disabled always.

Got that shit pre-ordered and auto-downloaded yesterday, gonna stay up to play it tonight.... I think, it works like that right? The JP digital of Ultimax was playable right at midnight japan time, so hopefully I can go for it. I'm super pumped, man, I wonder how easy it'll be to cross bend mid-combo, or if there's a universal way to cancel attacks and moves.

Also, Max is gonna be on the cast this week right? Too much hype right now, I wonder if it'll be a segment in itself or if he'll be around the whole show.

Wait.. Maximilian Dood is gonna be on the podcast? :O

Damn I didnt mean the difficulty level "revengance" I meant the same difficulty as risings normal mode is.

The Normal mode will probably be as easy as Rising's.

It kinda has to be. This game is made for Avatar fans, who might not be character action game fans, like how Rising is pretty easy compared to its brothers, and Arena is an easy as hell fighting game to get into.

Squishy3

guys you might invite the korra thread if we start talking about korra otps

Man, what could he possibly have to say about Bayo 2? He's ass at anything that's not a fighting game.
you know it's just going to be a circlejerk about bayonetta 2 the entire time and WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE OK WITH IT

I'm afraid I might have to dip out of the podcast while listening to it, I'm anal and weird when it comes to spoilers. Max doesn't have the same spoiler discretion the Best Friends do. Maybe the people that listen to it early can give me a heads up

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GuardianE throwin' shade!

you know it's just going to be a circlejerk about bayonetta 2 the entire time and WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE OK WITH IT

Maybe he got it early and can share some interesting details? I'm sure he'll bring the hype, which is cool. If he gets his viewership to pick up Bayo 2, then more power to him. I just would have figured they'd bring him on to talk about fighting games.

Squishy3

I'm afraid I might have to dip out of the podcast while listening to it, I'm anal and weird when it comes to spoilers. Max doesn't have the same spoiler discretion the Best Friends do. Maybe the people that listen to it early can give me a heads up
I'm sure they've talked about this and said "don't fucking spoil shit you goddamn asshole" because none of them will want anything spoiled for them either, if the game was already out here i'm sure they'd have a miniish spoiler cast but since none of them have played it...

Maybe he got it early and can share some interesting details? I'm sure he'll bring the hype, which is cool. If he gets his viewership to pick up Bayo 2, then more power to him. I just would have figured they'd bring him on to talk about fighting games.
Uh, he played the Japanese release dude. :p

Emouse

maaan we gotta wait till Wednesday for Korra in Europe, probably should use the extra day to catch up seeing as I only ever saw book 1, oh well

heres hoping Nidhogg for PSN also goes up

croten

maaan we gotta wait till Wednesday for Korra in Europe, probably should use the extra day to catch up seeing as I only ever saw book 1, oh well

heres hoping Nidhogg for PSN also goes up

It says it's going to release 18 hours on steam

Okay, to further clarify my point, I'm not buying the game, not because of the missing graphical features, but because of the missing basic features.

I don't really care about graphics. I often turn down graphical effects, even in games that I can run completely maxed out (BF4, I turn down effects to increase visibility).

If the option is there, something went wrong. It isn't hard, unless this shit is hidden away in a ini file (a la Ubisoft) but something makes me suspicious.

Again, the game could be great as hell, amazing, and everything, but I already have enough to play. I don't have to deal with half assed ports.

I definitely see your point and while I can't sympatheize with it, I understand it. But I don't think not buying the game is gonna tell developers that they have to include those features in their game, but it's gonna tell them there's no crowd for their games on PC and demotivate them to make any games for PC anymore if it sells less than it does on consoles.

But of course it's your money and time.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member

I do believe he streamed the entire game a few weeks ago. So there's definitely gonna be some strat talk... maybe? Idunno how well Max and the others can communicate the game to each other, since I'm not sure how far into Action games max is as far as the nitty gritty dodge offsets and such.

Squishy3

It says it's going to release 18 hours on steam
He's at the whim of European Grace Chen Standard Time.

I definitely see your point and while I can't sympatheize with it, I understand it. But I don't think not buying the game is gonna tell developers that they have to include those features in their game, but it's gonna tell them there's no crowd for their games on PC and demotivate them to make any games for PC anymore if it sells less than it does on consoles.

Exactly. This is why I'm going to buy Japanese stuff on PC, even if some of it ends up being a shit show like FFXIII.

croten

That's the way I see it, as much as DS2 has PC issues it was significantly better than DS1s PC issues and they worked to make sure it was better, but not because it was a failure on PC.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I do believe he streamed the entire game a few weeks ago. So there's definitely gonna be some strat talk... maybe? Idunno how well Max and the others can communicate the game to each other, since I'm not sure how far into Action games max is as far as the nitty gritty dodge offsets and such.

Max seems to really only touch the surface of most action games he plays on his channel
and sometimes not even that
, but maybe he really brought his A game with Bayo 2 and really figured stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom