• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
You have one week of hazing left before you have other people bring you Chocolate milk. Don't push it.

Rule of Rose is from the same company that did Chulip(Punchline). It's... an interesting game and it creeps the hell out of me by being unsettling, but it's not scaring me.

I have more questions than answers.

Well this raises the question of do you prefer scary games or unsettling/ creepy games? Which is the hardest to do right, and how does it affect your experience?

You must have talked to some one from Atlus

"Remember when you fought Hitler in a persona game?"
"Oh, yeah, man that wolfenstein fight was really something."
"No, in a PERSONA game."
"I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Wolfenstein."
"Persona 2. Hitler gets brought back by-"
"EXCUSE ME PLEASE I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT WAS THAT YES SORRY I HAVE TO GO"
giphy.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916198

Hatred dev pls?

Everything about this game is a big, hilarious roflcoaster ride that just makes you go "Really? No but seriously? For real tho?"

I'm picturing the Hatred having race-based objectives now. The game telling you to kill 20 Asians for a bonus at the end of a mission

Well this raises the question of do you prefer scary games or unsettling/ creepy games? Which is the hardest to do right, and how does it affect your experience?

You're asking me?

I prefer games that do both really well. RE 1 did both really well, because the first time you play RE, you don't know what'll be around that next corner and you have limited resources, but the combat doesn't feel bad. You know you're hitting a dog or zombie with bullets.

Rule of Rose and SH and games that push atmosphere over good combat are frustrating to play IMO. I can't get over the amount of jank those games present me with.

I think with any horror experience, getting the combat just right is the hardest part of a horror game. You need to be able to fight back from the antagonists/bad guys, but too much player power ruins the experience.

Edit: whoops, talking about the Hatred dev here, Paranautical Activity dev also an idiot though.

I don't get this guy at all. He's looking to challenge a movement that hasn't even settled yet by making the most extreme version of what people are trying to move away from not because of some ideological reason, but because people are fucking bored to tears of it?

He's either a complete idiot (likely) or just so far ahead of the game we can't even comprehend it (highly unlikely).

What a guy...

Dedication man. I respect it.
I'm interested on what any lurkers think about half the stuff we do here.
The problem isn't the press turn system or even smirks. The problem is someone decided the defense was a dumb stat and removed it completely. Ergo the game can go from hard to easy, and outside of HP values demons of the same type. (Only 4 as I recall) Are way too similar.
Just saw this. The previous games in the series have Vitality as the defense stat, but you basically cannot build a wall in SMT, unless your definition of a wall is taking 3-4 hits instead of 2. SMT4 took this to a further extreme than the rest of the series, iirc because SMT1 and 2 didn't have defense, and it was an homage to those games. Equipment is your only defense stat, but it doesn't do much.

Zenfalcia

Morning all

Finally got my Neogaf account activated, been lurking ever since the first thread until I couldn't catch up around the middle of the third one, you guys are just too fast.

Welcome. Since you've been lurking, how do we all seem like from the outside? A bunch of silly frienders? Or a bunch of idiots. Was it worth reading all the random stuff we've been posting?

Duplolas

Banned
So just played Dark Souls 1 for the first time...

Let me just say this. It has been 2 years since I have touched a xbox controller.

Plus. It is Dark Souls.

This is how it went:

FUCK! FUCK! GODDAMNIT! WHAT THE FUCK! THATS BULL SHIT! FUCK! EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE! OH GOD! SAVE ME FIRST, SCREW THE CHILDREN! FUCK! Dead.

And then you can just re-read that about 20 or so times in which ever order you would like.

Zenfalcia

Are we beginning TTGL waifu wars?
Yoko breast girl and Nia is ok but lacking the breast girl assets. Best girl is the girl that grows up with the other boy. I dont even know her name. :p

Duplolas

Banned
I think each one of them should do an akward solo LP with no sound from the game like Pat did. NOt all at once but one for the rest randomly through out time.

I want to see Liam and Matt doing a side by side playthrough with Pat and Woolie of Dark Souls 1.

That would be great.

Zenfalcia

Darry, you mean?
For the record she's a teenager :p

Honestly if I was forced to pick I'd say Nia is like a weaker version of Starfire from Teen Titans, so I'll take her.

Darry huh.. i'll remember that :p

Yes, she is.
Which makes it better. Heh. I think she's cute that's about it.

I wish yoko was more.. useful. But whatever.

Rutti

I want to see some more of Matt's Bomb-Ass stuff. I like him being silly and/or playing a silly game with well placed editing.

croten

Are we beginning TTGL waifu wars?
Yoko breast girl and Nia is ok but lacking the breast girl assets. Best girl is the girl that grows up with the other boy. I dont even know her name. :p

Pfft look at this life motherfucker. Hometown dabes

And as much as I love TTGL it's waifu options are shit.

croten

I do sorta miss those. He always seemed really enthusiastic. I assume with his wedding plans he's not planning on it anytime soon though.

If Yoko has anything
it's both,

Very true but they actually explain my reason for not liking her in the beach episode. Too little clothing can be off-putting

Zenfalcia

A bunch of silly, friendly idiots?

Everybody wins

Sounds about right.

Pfft look at this life motherfucker. Hometown dabes

And as much as I love TTGL it's waifu options are shit.

I do the breast/best thing as a terrible pun i'll never stop using. You need both hometown and life to survive.

I agree.. there's only 2 main girls and the side girls arent that special or fleshed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom