• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it seemed like parody, I mean the way the story starts it's not much of a leap to going there. Showing how messed up the protagonist is something too.

Anyway though, I actually skimmed through those pages pretty fast to get to the story.

Have you seen Zen's avatar?
jk

Yeah, but it's a parody of something I'm not into and I hope no one else is. Which is molestation/rape. I guess you could say it adds to his character, but I feel like they could have done that without resorting to such graphic images.

Probably not, but whatever.

As long as it's fiction it's ok.. isnt it?

I guess. People can get the wrong idea, though.

Zenfalcia

I thought it seemed like parody, I mean the way the story starts it's not much of a leap to going there. Showing how messed up the protagonist is something too.

Anyway though, I actually skimmed through those pages pretty fast to get to the story.

Have you seen Zen's avatar?
jk

it also serves as a very interesting idea that would make people want to read more.

But those parts were part of the story. ;)

No one
except oberon
has seen the full picture. :p The full picture isnt that bad just nsfw.

Oh boy. My Wii U pro controller arrived. All set for Bayo 2.

I'm honestly impressed. It feels really good. And it was pretty cheap. Nippon Yasan got it to me for about €25 and took 4 days to ship from Japan to Ireland. Fair play Japanese postman, fairplay.

Zenfalcia

Ehhh... it really depends...

Depends how graphic/obscene it gets? It'll definitely affect people's opinions if they saw someone watching/reading stuff like that.

Yeah, but it's a parody of something I'm not into and I hope no one else is. Which is molestation/rape. I guess you could say it adds to his character, but I feel like they could have done that without resorting to such graphic images.
I guess. People can get the wrong idea, though.

I don't feel like it's a parody? Could take it as someone's imagination and how he is as a person? The scenes gave extra interest to some readers, i feel like.

That they can. Maybe with some context they'll understand? Maybe?

360pages

They are really bad, but I do think the are reviewing it as a 60$ game rather than a 15$ game that you replay two to three times. Of course judging a game on the first playthough is completely fair.

It really needed some more muscle and cash behind it.

SO HAS ANYONE IN HERE ACTUALLY PLAYED KORRA YET OR ARE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT IT PLAYING THE GAME? HOW IS THE PC PORT? IS IT PLAYABLE WITH KB/M UNTIL I GET MY CONTROLLER WORKING AGAIN? WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT KORRA?

Edit: 360pages actually posted in the time it took me to write this.

Also yeah, podcast hype. LET'S GOOO!!

I was making people salty cuz I gushing too hard about it when I played it at midnight. So I posted in the korra threads. The game is great, the PC port is limited in what it can do, but its still a 1080/60 game all around (except for 720 on ps3/360), I wouldn't play it with a keyboard/mouse. And the game is great. Its a platinum game so why wouldn't it be? Even if its lighter on content compared to other games. As people should have expected it to be.

Squishy3

They are really bad, but I do think the are revewing it as a 60$ game rather than a 15$ game that you replay two to three times. Of course judging a game on the first playthough is completely fair.

It really need
In the case of BioGamerGirl they are literally reviewing it as a $60 game.

BioGamerGirl said:
The Legend of Korra is now available from all major retailers and can be purchased for the MSRP of $59.99 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. The Legend of Korra is rated T by the ESRB for Cartoon Violence. For more information on the game, check out the official The Legend of Korra website.

croten

Depends how graphic/obscene it gets? It'll definitely affect people's opinions if they saw someone watching/reading stuff like that.

I dunno what this is, I've never read it so I have no idea how bad it is but fiction doesn't get a free pass because it's fiction

They are really bad, but I do think the are reviewing it as a 60$ game rather than a 15$ game that you replay two to three times. Of course judging a game on the first playthough is completely fair.

It really needed some more muscle and cash behind it.

Every platinum game would be completely average if we accepted that. It really depends on the game.

I don't feel like it's a parody? Could take it as someone's imagination and how he is as a person? The scenes gave extra interest to some readers, i feel like.

That they can. Maybe with some context they'll understand? Maybe?

Parody or not, it was uncomfortable to read and didn't really add anything imo.

Maybe they will or maybe they'll forever deem you as something you are not.
You might also get banned.

Zenfalcia

The IGN reviewer thinks the story sucks and he died too much.

But.. does he even know anything about the show korra? Because of course it's light on story.. it's a game about a show.. the show is where all the story is...

So you're telling me he sucks at character action games or didnt even bother properly learning the mechanics? Great.. fantastic. 10/10 review.

I dunno what this is, I've never read it so I have no idea how bad it is but fiction doesn't get a free pass because it's fiction

It's not that bad imo. You should read it. It's an interesting read.

Squishy3

i'm fucking done with the korra ot, nobody is even having reasonable discourse it's just people saying "a bad game is a bad game regardless of price"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
But.. does he even know anything about the show korra? Because of course it's light on story.. it's a game about a show.. the show is where all the story is...

So you're telling me he sucks at character action games or didnt even bother properly learning the mechanics? Great.. fantastic. 10/10 review.

It's not that bad imo. You should read it. It's an interesting read.

A lot of people believe that the purpose of a standalone product is that it can stand alone as its own product. Meaning all of the information needed to explain the story and the world is in the product, in this case, a game. So when it's not there people throw a hissy fit. I don't agree with this, mostly because its a 15 dollar game of a popular TV show. Simpsons Hit n' Run didn't have a story and didn't explain the world because the Simpsons was popular, Simpsons fans were buying the game, so they already knew the world and story. Same with Korra.
Fans are buying the game, so the developers thought that they already knew the story, and thus, didn't explain everything.

A lot of people believe that the purpose of a standalone product is that it can stand alone as its own product. Meaning all of the information needed to explain the story and the world is in the product, in this case, a game. So when it's not there people throw a hissy fit. I don't agree with this, mostly because its a 15 dollar game of a popular TV show. Simpsons Hit n' Run didn't have a story and didn't explain the world because the Simpsons was popular, Simpsons fans were buying the game, so they already knew the world and story. Same with Korra.
Fans are buying the game, so the developers thought that they already knew the story, and thus, didn't explain everything.

tumblr_inline_molrufVsaz1qz4rgp.gif

Zenfalcia

Dude...

It's happened a couple of times. Probably more. I don't really hang out in OT that often.

Yeah.... Yeah...
I just think it's fictional and also imagined, so i dont find it uncomfortable? That's my mentality about it. IRL? Any kind of rape is bad.

Hmmm.. ok. I'll be more careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom