• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's different. Animation is janky and the environments are ass, and the game itself will even feel clunky at first. But the key is to not fight the mechanics, but learn the limitations of them. The game is centered around customization of your actions. Your default combo is basically stitched together to your preferences.

Full disclosure- I haven't beaten God Hand yet.

Idk, that one
crystal cavern whatever
level was pretty okay. Especially when you walk into it and see that thing. Also OH BOY ARE YOU GOING TO ENJOY THAT END. What part are you at?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Sure, but there's a large contingent of Korra fans that are like 4-10 who just don't have the patience for that anymore and have an extremely high chance of not liking the game for being hard. Sure there are kids that can, but I at least understand the idea behind it.

What percentage of the Korra fanbase are children? Anyone know?

Jman014

I'm not so sure you can say that. We're not kids anymore.

When I was a 10, I beat Zelda 2 and a lot of other really hard games on the NES. Kids have a lot more time than we do.

I imagine a lot of Korra fans like myself are the teens/kids that watched ATLA years ago. This just might be their first character action game.

Yo BestFriendVania is my favorite office building in the Zaibatsu. Matt and Liam are actually super cool friends(Their S-Link must be maxed out) and everything is so natural. If someone has a link to the European concert Matt is talking about please share.

I'm watching the GT Retrospective now and as an owner of Castlevania: Bloodlines I am glad they praise it for being amazing in what it accomplished for the series, it made the entire series' ties with Bram Stroker's Dracula concrete as fuck and led to Symphony of Night since the game is mostly the work of the 32x/SEGA CD sequel that never was released. Woolie owes his life to the Genesis when you really think about it.

When I was a 10, I beat Zelda 2 and a lot of other really hard games on the NES. Kids have a lot more time than we do.

I have a lot of nephews and nieces now as well as people I know having younger siblings around that age and none of them are remotely interested in difficult games. My 4 year old nephew stopped played Kirby Air Ride for a few seconds and stopped because it was too hard. The other 4 year old nephew played DMC4 for an hour and a half, but he pretty much just mashed A the whole time then stopped playing when he died because it was too hard.

Kids are different today, there are exceptions, but for the most part these little shits have no patience.

Squishy3

Yo BestFriendVania is my favorite office building in the Zaibatsu. Matt and Liam are actually super cool friends(Their S-Link must be maxed out) and everything is so natural. If someone has a link to the European concert Matt is talking about please share.

I'm watching the GT Retrospective now and as an owner of Castlevania: Bloodlines I am glad they praise it for being amazing in what it accomplished for the series, it made it's ties with Bram Stroker's Dracula concrete as fuck AND led to Symphony of Night since the game is mostly the work of the 32x/SEGA CD sequel that never was released. Woolie owes his life to the Genesis when you really think about it.
I know you!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Idk, that one
crystal cavern whatever
level was pretty okay. Especially when you walk into it and see that thing. Also OH BOY ARE YOU GOING TO ENJOY THAT END. What part are you at?

I stopped playing ages ago, and not because I wasn't enjoying myself. I just got distracted with something else. I don't even remember.

I imagine a lot of Korra fans like myself are the teens/kids that watched ATLA years ago. This just might be their first character action game.

And that's perfectly okay. Everyone starts somewhere. Why not Korra?

I have a lot of nephews and nieces now as well as people I know having younger siblings around that age and none of them are remotely interested in difficult games. My 4 year old nephew stopped played Kirby Air Ride for a few seconds and stopped because it was too hard. The other 4 year old nephew played DMC4 for an hour and a half, but he pretty much just mashed A the whole time then stopped playing when he died because it was too hard.

Kids are different today, there are exceptions, but for the most part these little shits have no patience.

Could be, but there's also simply a larger contingent of people/kids in general playing games. There are also simply more options and alternatives available to these people. I guess I'm trying to say that despite your anecdotal evidence of kids being impatient, there might be a fair portion of the now enlarged consumer base that has a tolerance for difficulty.

4 is also pretty young. Somewhere in the range of 9-12 is where I feel they actually learn shit.

It's different. Animation is janky and the environments are ass, and the game itself will even feel clunky at first. But the key is to not fight the mechanics, but learn the limitations of them. The game is centered around customization of your actions. Your default combo is basically stitched together to your preferences.

Full disclosure- I haven't beaten God Hand yet.

When I was a 10, I beat Zelda 2 and a lot of other really hard games on the NES. Kids have a lot more time than we do. A typical teenage COD/Madden player? Sure, you'll probably get some resistance.

Your typical COD/Madden player wouldn't be interested in Korra stuff anyway.

Those reviews tho. It seems like people just got done playing Bayo2, jumped into Korra and were surprised it wasn't Bayo2.5.

Jman014

I heard a story of a dude that let his very young relative play Dark Souls for a bit before the kid asks if there was a way to pay money to skip a section "like in the app store".

360pages

I think it more has to do with general jank and lack of flow and looks. Perhaps they should have made it a hardrawn 2d game with great combat and systems...though that might be a little hard.

If you look at the Nartuo games they aren't that complex. (I do think their is enough depth that it's not just random mashing buttons, but to get the basic core game down it will probably take you about 10 matches over all,) But they got the style, animation, content and fanservice to make up for it.

It really doesn't help that your first playthough of the game is going to feel gimped as hell compared to other action games.

I heard a story of a dude that let his very young relative play Dark Souls for a bit before the kid asks if there was a way to pay money to skip a section "like in the app store".
heart-attack.jpg
:(

Revengeance was my first character action game and I loved it. Hopefully it does the same for people that love the show but have never played a Platinum game before.
Same. It sent me on a quest to play Bayo, DMC1, DMC3, most of DMC4, and Vanquish. Revengeance and DMC3 are some of my favorite games ever now.
City Trial is the best game mode ever. That game should have been City Trial The Game.
Oh yeah totally. Hearing Liam gush about Kirby's Air Ride always brings a big smile to my face. I had to play it by myself as a kid, but I still loved it.

I stopped playing ages ago, and not because I wasn't enjoying myself. I just got distracted with something else. I don't even remember.
Ah I see. You might have to start over depending on how out of the game you got.

Oh god why'd you remind me of that. It's like that fucking BUSINESS MAN that said "it'd be good to pay more to have mario jump higher"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I have alot of games in my backlog too but I imagine this game is gonna be super short so it doesn't bother me

My backlog is so massive I'm drowning, and sometimes I make it wait for new stuff, or replay things. It's never gonna be finished.

It contains anime, games, and regular TV shows and movies. Dear lord.

My backlog is so massive I'm drowning, and sometimes I make it wait for new stuff, or replay things. It's never gonna be finished.

It contains anime, games, and regular TV shows and movies. Dear lord.

Doesn't liking everything suck? I love it so much this is torture. #firstestworldproblemsever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom