• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

A lot of people believe that the purpose of a standalone product is that it can stand alone as its own product. Meaning all of the information needed to explain the story and the world is in the product, in this case, a game. So when it's not there people throw a hissy fit. I don't agree with this, mostly because its a 15 dollar game of a popular TV show. Simpsons Hit n' Run didn't have a story and didn't explain the world because the Simpsons was popular, Simpsons fans were buying the game, so they already knew the world and story. Same with Korra.
Fans are buying the game, so the developers thought that they already knew the story, and thus, didn't explain everything.

That's what i'm assuming how some of the reviewers are taking it as. They don't know a thing about the show and expect too much from a fairly low budget game. Were there any mentions of the game play being good? Is the low scores due to the lack of story? That's unfair..

Yeah.... Yeah...
I just think it's fictional and also imagined, so i dont find it uncomfortable? That's my mentality about it. IRL? Any kind of rape is bad.

Hmmm.. ok. I'll be more careful.

I still think it's not okay even if it is fiction. Whatever, let's just drop the topic.

I've never played God Hand.

I haven't either. I've seen some gameplay and it looks kind of rough.

Welcome! You are now stuck here forever.

Yea when I joined in OT3 everyone said they would calm down with the posting but they didn't!

Welcome!

Youarehereforever.jpeg

Welcome frienderSan!
You know the lore. You're here forever.

YOURE TOO SLOW!!!

Welcome. Something something here forever.

Welcome to the Party, enjoy your stay you can't leave

Thanks for the warm welcome

Welcome to bestgaf!
It would be nice if you could tell us some things about yourself, you know favorite games, series, anime, waifu.

Yeah but don't be a scrub who thinks that Gurren Lagann is shit *cough*Oberon!*cough*

Don't worry, I love the shit out of gurren lagann and Jojo, the only lore i'm missing here is the persona series

Emouse

Don't worry, I love the shit out of gurren lagann and Jojo, the only lore i'm missing here is the persona series

Oh man get on that persona and get yourself a waifu
just keep away from my Aigis

also I didn't get to welcome you earlier so hey welcome friender!

360pages

So, a more wholesome topic, I'm just going to do a rewrite of my story for my writing month. Tone back the character count from 4 to 2 and have a Vampire gal and a Half-demon guy as the two main characters solving problems in a world where human's and monsters coexist. (The year is 2120)

Ur waifu a shit.

U329Xvc.gif

I love this GIF so much.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
So, a more wholesome topic, I'm just going to do a rewrite of my story for my writing month. Tone back the character count from 4 to 2 and have a Vampire gal and a Half-demon guy as the two main characters solving problems in a world where human's and monsters coexist. (The year is 2120)

83fd66cede2723d350243459e2b241ce1380849787_full.jpg

Called Strike the Blood, already exists. Except a shitty ecchi anime and gender swapped.

360pages

83fd66cede2723d350243459e2b241ce1380849787_full.jpg

Called Strike the Blood, already exists.

...Well shit, it's like everything is already taken. I might as well make a story where a snowman have to go across the universe fighting aliens until he reaches pluto to get the eternal ice so he can fight the sun god.

Speaking of NaNoWriMo, here's another idea I had and I actually like this one, so everyone give me notes for me to steal!

A year into the zombie apocalypse (Walking Dead season 3 for reference) imagine if every zombie just died and the virus was no longer and issue. The struggles of humanity trying to rebuild society after everything's fine, trying to relearn how things work while dealing with people who don't want things to go back to the way they were.

I have a lot of ideas for what to do with it, but I'd like to get some input on the concept before writing anything down, is it even interesting? Would you read a 50,000 word book about people trying to rebuild humanity and the struggles therein?

360pages

Speaking of NaNoWriMo, here's another idea I had and I actually like this one, so everyone give me notes for me to steal!

A year into the zombie apocalypse (Walking Dead season 3 for reference) imagine if every zombie just died and the virus was no longer and issue. The struggles of humanity trying to rebuild society after everything's fine, trying to relearn how things work while dealing with people who don't want things to go back to the way they were.

I have a lot of ideas for what to do with it, but I'd like to get some input on the concept before writing anything down, is it even interesting? Would you read a 50,000 word book about people trying to rebuild humanity and the struggles therein?

Isn't that world war Z?

...Well shit, it's like everything is already taken. I might as well make a story where a snowman have to go across the universe fighting aliens until he reaches pluto to get the eternal ice so he can fight the sun god.

I'd read that. Question: Can the snowman have a wisecracking sidekick Jack-O-Lantern?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It was supposed to be a joke, but honestly I might save that ideal for later.

It can also be a jock. No one's stopping you. But stick with your vampire demon thing and make is less shitty and less ecchi than Strike the Blood, please. That show blew so hard.

Zenfalcia

I still think it's not okay even if it is fiction. Whatever, let's just drop the topic.

Sure.

Ur waifu a shit.
Ken and Marie a shit.
Persona 4 is a casualized dating sim.
Persona 2 more like Persona who?
Ultimax is hype.

You're all caught up.

You forgot SMT is a spin off of Persona.

U329Xvc.gif

I love this GIF so much.

It's so adorable. I'm glad you guys love it. I love it too..

Called Strike the Blood, already exists. Except a shitty ecchi anime and gender swapped.

SENPAI the anime.. god.. so much senpai it hurts.. IT HURTS SO BAD.

Don't worry, there are people that watch the show and have no clue what Platinum is.

Viewing it from that angle those reviews sound more reasonable, since people who like Platinum are going to buy it anyway but kids don't like hard shit and just want to play the avatars.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Viewing it from that angle those reviews sound more reasonable, since people who like Platinum are going to buy it anyway but kids don't like hard shit and just want to play the avatars.

I think that reviews are grossly underestimating what kids are able to do in games. Chances are, they're way better and have more time to learn mechanics than 90% of the reviewers.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I think that reviews are grossly underestimating what kids are able to do in games. Chances are, they're way better and have more time to learn mechanics than 90% of the reviewers.

Kids at one time had to play Castlevania. Before my time, but I've heard that that game is hard. How many of those developers played any of the Souls games, as well?

I'd recommend watching Mike Kob's Godhand videos if you're interested in seeing fun, high level play.

I've watched a couple and it still seems a bit rough when compared to other character action games. The combat doesn't seem as fluid as something like Bayonetta or DMC. It'd be nice if I could get my hands on a copy and try it out for myself.

You forgot SMT is a spin off of Persona.

You're right. also, SMT4 is the Dark Souls of Persona.

Sure, but there's a large contingent of Korra fans that are like 4-10 who just don't have the patience for that anymore and have an extremely high chance of not liking the game for being hard. Sure there are kids that can, but I at least understand the idea behind it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've watched a couple and it still seems a bit rough when compared to other character action games. The combat doesn't seem as fluid as something like Bayonetta or DMC. It'd be nice if I could get my hands on a copy and try it out for myself.

It's different. Animation is janky and the environments are ass, and the game itself will even feel clunky at first. But the key is to not fight the mechanics, but learn the limitations of them. The game is centered around customization of your actions. Your default combo is basically stitched together to your preferences.

Full disclosure- I haven't beaten God Hand yet.

Sure, but there's a large contingent of Korra fans that are like 4-10 who just don't have the patience for that anymore and have an extremely high chance of not liking the game for being hard. Sure there are kids that can, but I at least understand the idea behind it.

I'm not so sure you can say that. We're not kids anymore.

When I was a 10, I beat Zelda 2 and a lot of other really hard games on the NES. Kids have a lot more time than we do. A typical teenage COD/Madden player? Sure, you'll probably get some resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom