• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Best hope to god you get time powers at some point

I really pray to God I have a lucid stroke - time slows down cuz your brain is going haywire, but someone is holding a TV in front of me while I'm falling and speeding it up w/ subtitles so I can absorb all of the show/ anime.

Time powers would make this unnecessary. God I want them.

Oberon

Banned
U329Xvc.gif

I love this GIF so much.

This is the second most adorable gif I have ever seen!

This is my #1

tumblr_mnzvukktH81rezdhvo1_500.gif

Emouse

man I gotta wait too tomorrow for console Korra in the UK, even the X1 store says 22nd

Also X1 now has a gamerscore leaderboard, disgusting.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
OSTs from the Naruto games.

Those games osts are amazing, better then a lot of Video game music, I don't expect that quality espcailly in an anime game.

I know what you mean. Only thing that stands out in my memory are the Xeno games and Ni No Kuni.

I heard a story of a dude that let his very young relative play Dark Souls for a bit before the kid asks if there was a way to pay money to skip a section "like in the app store".

if i ever have kids their grounded if they ask me that
its for their own good
need to have em git gud early

There are good mobile games, the only problem is that they are on mobile

Don't you want the superior version of Chrono Trigger or TWEWY? lol

Touch input fails a lot of games. Mainly it's that nobody is willing to pay for a game on mobile.

If it's 1$ people act like it's ridiculous. If it's 15$ like those FF ports it barely gets by

How does Japan do it then? Squeenix future's in mobile.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
83fd66cede2723d350243459e2b241ce1380849787_full.jpg

Called Strike the Blood, already exists. Except a shitty ecchi anime and gender swapped.

My god that anime was horrible, I had to struggle to get through with it, and im pretty openminded about alot of anime and usually dont think most of them are as bad as people make them out to be. But this anime, my god.

Unit24

I'm hearing some rather mixed things about the Korra game. Granted, I don't put too much stock in IGN or Gamespot's scores, but still, it makes me worry.

croten

I'm hearing some rather mixed things about the Korra game. Granted, I don't put too much stock in IGN or Gamespot's scores, but still, it makes me worry.

Did you look at the scores or did you read what they had to say? Because those scores are unwarranted.

My god that anime was horrible, I had to struggle to get through with it, and im pretty openminded about alot of anime and usually dont think most of them are as bad as people make them out to be. But this anime, my god.

Wow, really?

Can you give me a rundown of why it's super bad? I've never watched the show myself, or actually ever heard anything about it before....

Alfebit

Banned
Morning frienders! Binged the Korra game last night and it was totally worth the $15. Anyone want to catch me up on what happened in the last 6 pages?

Unit24

Also, I haven't even gotten halfway through ATLA, and I barely know anything about Korra. How much would the game spoil? I just want to play it because Platinum.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wow, really?

Can you give me a rundown of why it's super bad? I've never watched the show myself, or actually ever heard anything about it before....

Alright take this alright, MC is almost alucard tier powerful but without the powerups metroid style, now a girl the MC may or may not know comes, he gets along well with such girl, then some bullshit goes down where the girl is captured or a bad guy or also a OP asshole, and at the end the MC has to save them while getting a powerup for his power and gets the girl, but only treats them as friends despite him obviously liking them and wants to sex them.

Now imagine doing this 5+ times through all the 24+ episodes has except for the main girl.

Now imagine the very ending where they and i guess the author basically spoils the ending of the plot whether or not the manga has reached there or not, that the MC is some sort of like president or something in the future, and basically has had kids with all his harem.

Squishy3

Korra game is good, runs flawless 1080p/60 on my PC. Not a shitshow of a port like FFXIII. :p Did the first 2 chapters. Will probably stream some later if anyone wants to watch and/or is undecided.

Xiraiya

Playing DSII, it occurs to me that it's silly that they split certain stats, like how Stamina and carry-weight are two different stats now, it is partly because I'm so use to how it is in DS1 but also in general I really don't think it was necessary.

In Dark Souls if you reach level 100, it takes roughly 60-65k souls to get to the next level, so because of that most people PVP and build characters around the idea that they won't really go beyond 100 or 120, because it's becoming too hard to level at that point and builds vary still, so that's a happy medium.

In DSII, stats being more individualized will in theory make for more variety in builds, however that is made pointless by the fact at level 100 it only takes 12k souls to level up, it's ridiculously cheap compared to the first game, which makes people PVP at higher levels and the whole stat separation thing really and utterly pointless.

Now if DSII's leveling was as slow as the first game, all of this would be quite a different story.

I like it being much easier to level now because I want to eventually max out my character but at the same time having to think about more stats than before is just kind of an unnecessary obstacle to me.

Wow, really?

So... It's an anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkJ5mqj66A

That's the top video you get when you search for the title of the show.

WHY DOES SHE OPEN HER BLOUSE? IDK! WHY DOES SHE KISS HIM TO GIVE HIM BLOOD RATHER THAN JUST PUT HER FUCKING WRIST TO HIS MOUTH? IDK!

The show makes absolutely no sense and just does things for no reason.

Alfebit

Banned
Also, I haven't even gotten halfway through ATLA, and I barely know anything about Korra. How much would the game spoil? I just want to play it because Platinum.

A character who pops up every once in a while to tell how to get your bending back has an ability that's a Book 2 spoiler and there's a small part in the last chapter that kind of spoils Book 2's ending but I think that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom