• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
About what?

Your choice of waifu. Your waifu a shit bro.

Also anyone remember the time in Black Lagoon when they shot a torpedo at a Hind?
MeagerCleverBlackfootedferret.gif

Shit was rad.

I don't dislike the others, the cast is pretty great in general, but I like Rise the most just because I always take an interest in those characters that seem kind of typical and shallow in concept but actually have more to them once you look past that.

That's why I really liked Rise until directly after her recruitment where she just went back to being standard. I liked normal girl Rise that worked at the Tofu shop, then she became anime idol girl and I was like "Aww, that's a shame."

I've never seen Black Lagoon.

I don't really have a vested interest in the overall story of Persona, I just enjoyed the story of 4. P3 might be interesting but nothing really stands out about the earlier games for me.

I meant for gameplay. P4G adds a lot of stuff that makes the overall experience extremely easy. These functions are only available on P4G and if you ever decide to play the other games you're going to have a tough time adjusting. I'd suggest starting with P3. Also, this is just my opinion, but the cast and story of Persona 2 are miles better than P4.

Xiraiya

You fool! Girlfriends cannot be waifus! Even wives cannot be waifu! Learn the lore bro.
No this shit is getting retconned.

I meant for gameplay. P4G adds a lot of stuff that makes the overall experience extremely easy. These functions are only available on P4G and if you ever decide to play the other games you're going to have a tough time adjusting. I'd suggest starting with P3. Also, this is just my opinion, but the cast and story of Persona 2 are miles better than P4.
Stuff like that doesn't really phase me, gameplay would have to be really bad or broken for me to not be able to adjust.

Okingjrr

Seeing a dark souls video just lightens my day. It's the only ongoing LP that I look forward to. Though I enjoy the others, DS is the funnest to watch.

360pages

Seeing a dark souls video just lightens my day. It's the only ongoing LP that I look forward to. Though I enjoy the others, DS is the funnest to watch.

How I feel somewhat, I like the other two, but Dark Souls is the only thing that really interest me.

Also, it seems that Vampire Anime wasn't that great whatsoever.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Has any one here seen Shiki? I randomly watched it during the summer after Skull Man and its a surprisingly good
and violent
vampire anime.

Well, there really is only going to be one Vampire in the story, the others are going to be different types of monsters.

Hellsing Ultimate has the single best vampire, giving the greatest vampire philosophy about being a vampire, there are also other monsters and they're rad. If you're doing anything with vampires, you should at least see the best one.

It's so good and more people need to see it.

I watched some episodes of Hellsing. The German dub is actually pretty good.

Hellsing is one of the few things that's good in almost every language. The only problem with the English dub is the weird fake British accents, but even then it's good as a whole. And that's coming from me!

Rise and Samus are still the best Waifus

I really enjoyed the Pokemon demo. It feels much better than XY did. The animations look great.

The music,specifically the wild pokemon battle music, gives me a huge erection. Its so good

Skimmed through the episode a bit. Pretty weird indeed.
but regarding its story, am I getting this right? The show is about a pretty adorable and really tiny girl and she's "haunted" by two canine ghost. Both of which are perverts who are into her, but one is a bit more protective while the other is supposedly some sort of cursed ghost that would take her life at one point, but instead just actively wants to fuck her. They get into fights with each other over this et cetera.

The first one is more of a parental type of thing, at least in execution, and with the other he's more just generally creepy with very little sexual stuff at all. And she's a super lonely girl who pretends she's a doll in order to feel less lonely, and those moments are all super heartwarming and there's not really any creepiness in the actual stuff, even if it might sound a bit creep with just the description.

Oberon

Banned
Hellsing is one of the few things that's good in almost every language. The only problem with the English dub is the weird fake British accents, but even then it's good as a whole. And that's coming from me!

That girl with the glasses has the VA than Nico Robin from One Piece.
And acording to Wikipedia, she's also the voice of Doremi

In the second episode the little girl tries to learn how to smile.
tumblr_ndd8q5mzqw1rydwbvo2_500.gif

Why is Inuyasha there too?

Guys, I think Aaron was hacked.

It's by no means as good as the Japanese one, and Crispin Freeman's acting is occasionally very clearly a guy in a booth, but he does fit and the acting as a whole is pretty acceptable.

Here's a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GbnMSGXEyE
It's from the second episode of Ultimate, so spoilers aren't a big deal, but the suggested videos are chock-full of super big spoilers, so either fullscreen really quick or you'll probably see some names that'll ruin big moments later on. Ye done been warned.

What does he have against british accents?

I love British accents, the ones in Hellsing Ultimate are super fake and annoying, even though the acting is actually good.

Like, is there a reason it's like that? As in, wouldn't it have worked if the two adult ghosts weren't interested in the main character? Sexually I mean, having a pet-loves-owner kind of adoration is fine.

There are only a few episodes out and they haven't really gone into her past, like, why she's living alone, she's also like, 11 or something, they cut back and forth between what she really looks like in the same human style as everyone else when she's showing moments of not actually being a doll, and then back to the doll thing when she's hiding further, but there'll probably be some reason for her significance, either way, it's just a cute show.

Also, dubs still suck.

Oberon

Banned
It's by no means as good as the Japanese one, and Crispin Freeman's acting is occasionally very clearly a guy in a booth, but he does fit and the acting as a whole is pretty acceptable.

Here's a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GbnMSGXEyE
It's from the second episode of Ultimate, so spoilers aren't a big deal, but the suggested videos are chock-full of super big spoilers, so either fullscreen really quick or you'll probably see some names that'll ruin big moments later on. Ye done been warned.

I love British accents, the ones in Hellsing Ultimate are super fake and annoying, even though the acting is actually good.

I remember watching this fight 3 years ago when I was all over gory Anime.
Quit interesting how they use the mythos of dracula abilty of transforming into a wolf and fog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom