• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
And still not interesting, apperently adding to one of the most generic retold demon/vampire child stories of all time , not interesting.
Also the character desgn didn't age well imo, like gambit. " like I can see the time period where someone thought this design was good , that time has long past "

What do you define as interesting? It's a war plot with heavy mythological and historical themes, mixed with quality action and likable characters combined with great art all around.

The character designs? Really? They're fucking fantastic. Look at this guy!
3IJgLNj.jpg
He's wearing a suit, jacket and hat, it's hardly outlandish and isn't at all dated. Comparing it to Gambit? Really? Are you insane?!

croten

Listening to the Podcast. What is that WiFi device Pat was talking about?

Japan's secret weapon.

I'm just fucking with him, nothing serious. Though really, everywhere I go on here he seems to be disagreeing with some generally positive opinion on something for some reason or another that on the outside at least seems to entirely be based on semantics. Just look at this thread, most of his posts here are just him arguing with someone about something or saying something someone else likes is shit. It's at the very least easy to poke fun at.

Yeah... I don't want to be that guy but I can't disagree

360pages

First of, I am not that fat, second, Dio is the only man that i would let touch me!

Mhm, could you tell us what it's about? This picture isn't doing a great job doing that.

Well a short summary of it, it's about a guy that can kill anything with his eyes and knife. Anything that exist even concepts like gravity he can see the death of it through lines and dots. If he traces or stabs those lines or dots they die. However on his way back to school he sees a vampire and through a chain of events ends up cutting her into 17 pieces. The next day said vampire comes and yells at him and asks for help. (There is actually a really good reason why she survived despite his eyes being able to kill anything that exist permanently,) Thus our story starts.

He was talking about this portable WiFi device that's pretty small but provides fast internet pretty much wherever.

We have those here in the US, they're just generally slow and are ridiculously expensive.

Yeah... I don't want to be that guy but I can't disagree

Now, don't get me wrong, I actually really like Village, I think him being crazy is always good fun and he'll bring up some valid points amidst his insanity, but let's not beat around the bush, he's pretty persnickety to say the least.

He was talking about this portable WiFi device that's pretty small but provides fast internet pretty much wherever.

I'd assume it only works in Japan otherwise I would have been on that shit by now.

It's a just a small Wi-Fi adapter that connects to the 3G network. It works in Japan because their networks, wireless or otherwise, aren't shit compared to everywhere else and especially the US.

It's cool because it means you don't have to find a hotspot in order to use internet on your laptop on the go. Otherwise it's the exact same technology you use to recieve internet on your phone, just better coverage and faster speeds.

It's a just a small Wi-Fi adapter that connects to the 3G network. It works in Japan because their networks, wireless or otherwise, aren't shit compared to everywhere else and especially the US.

I think most phone companies now days have the option to turn your phone into a wi-fi hotspot, our infrastructure just isn't as good and wi-fi is fucking everywhere, so it's hardly worth bothering with.

I think most phone companies now days have the option to turn your phone into a wi-fi hotspot, our infrastructure just isn't as good and wi-fi is fucking everywhere, so it's hardly worth bothering with.
Infrastructure is bound to suck when you cover such a huge area, and each company boasts national coverage

Oberon

Banned
Well a short summary of it, it's about a guy that can kill anything with his eyes and knife. Anything that exist even concepts like gravity he can see the death of it through lines and dots. If he traces or stabs those lines or dots they die. However on his way back to school he sees a vampire and through a chain of events ends up cutting her into 17 pieces. The next day said vampire comes and yells at him and asks for help. (There is actually a really good reason why she survived despite his eyes being able to kill anything that exist permanently,) Thus our story starts.

That sounds quite interesting, will give it a shot!

Xiraiya

I..really? I could have sworn it was the other way around and Japan were suppose to be pretty damn good in the networking department.

Infrastructure is bound to suck when you cover such a huge area, and each company boasts national coverage

It's not a fixable problem, it's just one that we have and it's why this technology hasn't been as popular here. When our shit wired home internet is faster, why pay extra for this when I'm already paying for 3G on the phone?

Village

What do you define as interesting? It's a war plot with heavy mythological and historical themes, mixed with quality action and likable characters combined with great art all around.

You are telling setting elements, you aren't telling me why thats interesting exactly. And likable characters is .. subjective. Cuz I don't like a lot of em

... That doesn't look cool at all?

He's wearing a suit, jacket and hat, it's hardly outlandish and isn't at all dated. Comparing it to Gambit? Really? Are you insane?!
A character design I would have thought looked cool in the 90's but not now and has evovled into better designs with better chaarcters since that point. Yeah thats gambit

776.gif

WHY DOES MAX FIT IN WITH THE BEST FRIENDS SO WELL UGH

If there is anyone that would be a fifth member of the best friends its Maximilian Dood.

You're not wrong.

Imagine Max and Woolie in FNF, though. By the powers of our salt combined...

No matter how many times I read it, it says Japans networks aren't shit compared to everywhere else, so... I'm not sure if you're trying to tell me that Japans stuff actually is better or what.

They are not shit

360pages

This line made me roughly 90% less interested in checking this out.

Actually there are very little school scenes at all. Most of the plot takes place at night and the part where he's in highschool isn't brought up.

That being said, I enjoyed the Manga more than Gurran, even if the two really shouldn't be compared.

croten

This line made me roughly 90% less interested in checking this out.

I would then say don't check out Fate/Stay night but you should totally check out Fate/Stay night, heck check out Fate/Zero anyway it's a prequel with some of the most boner inducing animation I've ever seen.

You are telling setting elements, you aren't telling me why thats interesting exactly. And likable characters is .. subjective. Cuz I don't like a lot of em
... That doesn't look cool at all?
A character design I would have thought looked cool in teh 90's but not now and has evovled nto better designs with better chaarcters since that point. Yeah thats gambit

The plot. I don't want to say too many details because people haven't seen it. Fucking Dracula fights Nazis and the Vatican. That's good fun. The war aspect is done well, the writer actually interviewed war veterans to get a better understanding of how the battlefield worked, then made everything supernatural. The religious themes are also well researched and go in depth on a lot of aspects of all the different mythologies, tying them together nicely in a complete story about vampires fighting vampire nazis. The plot is actually better than it needs or has any right to be, considering it's vampires fighting vampire nazis.

The character designs aren't dated in any remote way similar to Gambit. Gambit has color and outfit themes that are exclusive to the 90s. Hellsing's character designs are all era appropriate and are almost entirely military garb, aside from the few characters that wear suits, but it makes sense that they wear suits. The art quality is great and lends to these characters well, you may not personally like the art style, but it fits and works with the tone of the story well.

Seriously, I know you argue with a lot of people, but you need to fucking work on your points. In the span of a single line you go from dismissing something I say for being subjective, then try to make a subjective point. It's a goddamn mess and at the end of the day there's absolutely no point in having these arguments, since its all fucking subjective! It will 100% of the time come down to "I like thing." and "I don't like thing." So, either make some valid points as to why you don't think Hellsing is of an acceptable level of quality, or stop arguing it.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude or whatever, but Jesus Christ, man, you're not being consistent in your argument at all.

ARE PEOPLE SHIT-TALKING HELLSING
tumblr_lphgdw2T7V1qho1uao1_500.gif

U GET THE FUCK OUT HERE BOY

EDIT: Oh my FUCKING God, is it Village AGAIN? YOU ARE TIPPING MY SALTSHAKER

A dreamcast doesn't cost more than 20 bucks right?

IM GONNA DO IT! I've been racking my brain trying to learn/understand code. This is a great excuse to try.

A dreamcast doesn't cost more than 20 bucks right?

IM GONNA DO IT! I've been racking my brain trying to learn/understand code. This is a great excuse to try.
I wouldn't say learning from the ground up with C is the easiest way to get your feet wet, but if you wanna do things the hard way I guess more power to you. Be sure to buy a real textbook to learn with. A good book has done wonders for me in my programming classes, and for my own projects.
Oh man. You will soon love to hate a certain son of a bitch that gets in your way for the next several hours and will be introduced very shortly.

Things are gonna get more amazing as you continue.
Looking forward to it. I'm pretty enamored already. I'm happy to play an SMT game without an Overworld to get lost in.

Early on. Just started the second dungeon to
prove ourselves in alliance to the green-haired girl's tribe.
Oh man. You will soon love to hate a certain son of a bitch that gets in your way for the next several hours and will be introduced very shortly.

Things are gonna get more amazing as you continue.

I wouldn't say learning from the ground up with C is the easiest way to get your feet wet, but if you wanna do things the hard way I guess more power to you. Be sure to buy a real textbook to learn with. A good book has done wonders for me in my programming classes, and for my own projects.

Already ahead of you.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0672335670/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I owned this book from years ago, when I was once a CS interest in college.

Edit:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1435457420/?tag=neogaf0e-20

MIKE DAWSON YO! Retsupurae fans will recognize that name :p

Nordicus

Wait, Matt & Liam are saying that there wasn't a good Rondo of Blood release in the west until Virtual Console?

But that entire game is an unlockable in Castlevania: Dacula X Cronicles on PSP, as well as SoTN! And Dracula X Chronicles is mostly the same game anyway with minor changes and 3D graphics

Wait, Matt & Liam are saying that there wasn't a good Rondo of Blood release in the west until Virtual Console?

But that entire game is an unlockable in Castlevania: Dacula X Cronicles on PSP, as well as SoTN! And Dracula X Chronicles is mostly the same game anyway with minor changes and 3D graphics

Yeah that's something I found out too. Don't know if anyone knows about him (he hasn't made as much videos as recently), but Roo from Clan of the Grey Wolf has an awesome Castlevania Rondo of Blood video that any fan of Castlevania should check out.

Village

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude or whatever, but Jesus Christ, man, you're not being consistent in your argument at all.

There is no argument, I don't think its very good. You got defensive.

I could go indepth , but I don't care. Its not the type of bad where I want to deliberate on it, I just don't find it interesting. Ands thats worse than bad to me in away, because i can talk bad I don't want to or really care to diliberate on this. Not a fan. Just... kinda not interesting at all... really.

You have heard me rant about shit I don't like but there is no argument, I just don't think its interesting. I just an opinion.

Edit: I didn't even say it was bad, I said its not my thing. Why I gotta write a paper on that shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom