• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I heard Pat say on the podcast he doesn't like Shulks counter because it misses a lot. Did you guys know about his alternate counter, where you hold a direction while countering? It's designed to hit an enemy that moves past you, and a lot of people don't seem to know about it

I did not. Shulk is one of my characters that I play. Shit.

So I heard Pat say on the podcast he doesn't like Shulks counter because it misses a lot. Did you guys know about his alternate counter, where you hold a direction while countering? It's designed to hit an enemy that moves past you, and a lot of people don't seem to know about it

They shat on Smash a bit more but other than that I think it's worth listening too. Pat's Japan experiences are cool

I should go eat some of that Chicken Steak that Pat talked about. Sounds Heavenly...

WOW YOU GUYS SPOILERS. Nah I'm just kidding, I just started. Those coffee machines sound great.

0hQyd5L.gif

YO LIFE AND HOMETOWN ARE ACQUIRED

Village

He's a very, very difficult man to argue with, Aaron. He won't get what you're saying. Leave him.

Whoo... ok try to be nice.

I don't think telling people not to argue a person because they dissagree with you ...is going to make you look like an advisor or bigger person or whatever. It kind of does the opposite.

Next, the subject matter was of such, it woudn't be a good look for you ... at all really. Like someone asks on gaf and then the subject matter is brought up there is good chance you might end up a bunch peoples ignore list in some arguement with people claiming you are a racist. You what my opinion on th manga is what I am saying is maybe.... a lot of people in the communites that house that discussion may have to the conclusion that it is racist and it might have the opposite effect. Ya know... don't go into OT or black or anime gaf or manga gaf with that ya know. All i'm saying is out of the arguments you could get me for... that might not... be the argument to do that with. I'm trying to help you here, maybe you should let it go. Maybe you should wait untill I make a dumb argument about sonic, I do that often thats a faily tame subject matter that wont get you labeled a racist or something. Just wait i'm sure i'll slip , but ya know just take a seat on this one.

croten

Do you think it's better to go through the UBW route in the VN first or just watch the anime? I can't decide which of them I should do

Well you have to go through fate first before you go through UBW. I would recommend playing the VN just because I don't know how much the anime will include, there is a lot to the game and they might miss out a few things. plus you'll finish the VN before the anime is done anyway

Well you have to go through fate first before you go through UBW. I would recommend playing the VN just because I don't know how much the anime will include, there is a lot to the game and they might miss out a few things. plus you'll finish the VN before the anime is done anyway

Damn, I got 1/4 of the way through the Fate route before I dropped it, the DEEN adaptation really ruined it for me

Village

That being said, Village, my main problem during my discussions with you is that I occasionally find it a bit difficult to understand what exactly you're talking about or trying to say. It might be your writing style, it might be something else, but I can't always follow your train of thought.

6/10 its probably my fault. Writing or something.

croten

Damn, I got 1/4 of the way through the Fate route before I dropped it, the DEEN adaptation really ruined it for me

Fate was my favorite route if only for the last hour or two. UBW is a better route objectively though and it had the sickest final fight ever, so excited to see it animated.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm sure there are better things to waste our time talking about than anime that doesn't deserve attention.

Such as this I saw

A bit over the top but the Liam one pretty much sums up some of my issues with him, Pat came off looking pretty good!

Nailed it!

I do love the constant simpsons quotes.

Emouse

No. How else will we have conversatuons about why other people are wrong if we dont argue from time to time. Like persona waifu wars when everyone knows the best girl is
nanako.

Everyone is wrong, nothing is permitted

you spelt Aigis wrong u butt

You done good. Maybe you won't be so angry anymore.

ContentCanadian doesn't have quite the ring to it. Now the real question to ask is Life or Hometown?

Hometown is the correct answer.

That's some hostile shit. Did Liam kill his dog or something?

Yeah, someone put a lot of effort into saying "I don't like these guys." Not like anyone was forcing him to watch it either (as far as I know).

ContentCanadian doesn't have quite the ring to it. Now the real question to ask is Life or Hometown?

Hometown is the correct answer.
Damn straight it is
So I don't know if it was discussed but there is aparently going to be a Gurren Lagann stage show.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-21/gurren-lagann-stage-play-cast-photographed-in-costume/.79888
I posted the casting a week ago or so but it got passed over

Zenfalcia

That isn't even the case anymore with Liam. He starts out with the devil's advocate argument, which Liam mostly stopped doing, and just ended with "your tastes are shit and everyone hates you", which is less criticism and more contempt. I can also barely remember Matt mentioning his fiance at all. Also he's getting fucking married, give him some slack.

Yep that he has, but i didnt see what people having gripes about liam playing or acting on another side since it promotes conversation.

Yeah, that part was too personal.. i wonder where the chart came from... He mentoined it a few times but only when it was him updating his life... So i dont know why people found that annoying..

Some of that casting was pretty cool

Hometown da bes

Fuck whoever made that chart

Someone please give me some food I haven't eaten in like 8 hours

Mr.Towel

Interesting, I wonder how they'll do Gunmen and stuff?

wasn't there also a Persona 4 stage show fairly recently

Yep, and a P3 one is either on now or incoming.

I'd love if they just turned it into some Eugene O'Neill or Tennessee Williams shit. Change it so it takes place in one room and is just a bunch of sad people screaming at eachother
with the occasional death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom