• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Toronto is that most of the seats are filled with businessmen that go to the games for meetings, so the Leafs can jack up the prices and still make money while the real fans get screwed. That's the main reason why the Air Canada Centre sucks to be in, it seems like no one at the game cares.

Sounds about right. Shame that Canada can't have all of the NHL's best teams.

the Call of Cthulhu videos were really good, its a shame the game is such a temperamental shit

I said it before: remake the game in Source. Bethesda fucked it up with no QA.

I'd love to see this game using the source engine and messing around with that physics engine.

360pages

Also, for those who are into writing, when writing an action or fight scene make sure to keep it somewhat short with very little dialog. Unless the scale is huge with many characters and parties keep dialog at a minimum.

Even the over the top ones about cutting buildings in half s and flinging them about should be no longer than a page or two. Having a fight drag is an easy way to kill it and it's flow. Also don't over describe it unless the attack has a long build up that allows for it. It's jarring to see an attack that took a second have a full paragraph of description. State the effects after the battle is over or.

Over all, no one single skill or attack should have over a sentence or two of description for it, and that's for the big one. A swing or a dodge should just be short bites.

This rule can be broken when the battle is so strange or weird, and describing what is happening or how is a major point to it.

Like fights in JoJo if they were written probably would be filled with description since knowledge plays an important rule to overcoming foes.

Yup. I picked up Yosuke just because he has an Eikichi color. Because Eikichi is a badass. Also Mitsuru has a Maya color and Margaret has an Ulala color (which makes no sense since you'd think Aki would have that, but whatever Margaret is cool)

Man if ultimax had just one p1/p2 character I would lose my shit. The amount of money I'd pay for a Maya DLC....

I hope they do put some p1/p2 music. Shoji Meguro on the remix for some of those songs would blow my fucking mind.

Shackzam

Man, how'd you all get so good with Margaret already?

Gitting gud with a broken character?
tom-cruise.gif

I haven't played her yet

Man if ultimax had just one p1/p2 character I would lose my shit. The amount of money I'd pay for a Maya DLC....

I hope they do put some p1/p2 music. Shoji Meguro on the remix for some of those songs would blow my fucking mind.

It's funny you mention that.
It hurts so bad.

Man, I'd love to have Bloody Destiny or Lone Prayer. P2 would tracks would be great too, but they'd stick out.

Village

It's either that or Platinum is one of the companies likely to help out with development of Starfox.

So what did you do to star fox

We made it vanquish

When you aren't in arwing, its just vanquish with animals

You are welcome, how come it took ya'll like a decade to get this right

Then they just leave

Gitting gud with a broken character?
tom-cruise.gif

I haven't played her yet

Mirror matches... also, I don't know why everyone's in agreement about this, I think she feel low tier personally. Low health, bad basics but really powerful persona attacks. She feels like Elizabeth, only without Elizabeth's insane combos.

Shackzam

Mirror matches... also, I don't know why everyone's in agreement about this, I think she feel low tier personally. Low health, bad basics but really powerful persona attacks. She feels like Elizabeth, only without Elizabeth's insane combos.

Once I get a chance to play her, I'll provide some better input, but we'll have to wait and see how she plays out into the ultimax system. It's definitely too early for anyone to put her on a tier list yet.

ultimax

idk what happened to the lobby lol. i retreated to the central death room tho

Once I get a chance to play her, I'll provide some better input, but we'll have to wait and see how she plays out into the ultimax system. It's definitely too early for anyone to put her on a tier list yet.

Looking at her moves, her AB is begging for a hell of a punish. She's got some awesome air combos, but her anti air is weird. Her sweep effects the entire ring but it's slow as hell.
I really think she's going to end up near the bottom.

idk what happened to the lobby lol. i retreated to the central death room tho

CrackPebbles closed up shop while you guys were fighting.

360pages

Well one thing I enjoy about media (Games, Anime, Cartoons, books TV shows) Is that when ever I make something I can draw inspiration from many different sources. I don't think I ever take something from one exclusively despite having heavy influences in some area's over others.

Well one thing I enjoy about media (Games, Anime, Cartoons, books TV shows) Is that when ever I make something I can draw inspiration from many different sources. I don't think I ever take something from one exclusively despite having heavy influences in some area's over others.

Just make sure no one can accuse you of stealing.

Imagine if Star Wars caught shit for stealing framed shot by shots from WW2 films.

Shackzam

Hey Shackzam, can you play tonight? My new bag of tricks ain't ready, but I could do some casuals.

Nah I gotta finish this presentation I gotta do tomorrow. But I'll probably be able to do some tomorrow. I have a few things in the oven with akihiko, but I'm still trying to figure out how to apply them in the Kanji match-up.

360pages

why is this party game for kids being overhauled like this

To be fair, the party game for kids is easily one of the best selling franchise as well as one of the most played competitive games next to most fighting games. I honestly do think it deserves the attention it's getting.

360pages

Just make sure no one can accuse you of stealing.

Imagine if Star Wars caught shit for stealing framed shot by shots from WW2 films.

Nah, I would have to be pretty scummy to do that. When writing original stuff I might take a basic idea of something and turn it into my own. Hell, one of my stories is very obviously inspired by Fate/Stay night, but I think the differences are so big that the only thing is similar is the basic idea of it.

Wow, The Sanctuary Guardian boss in the Artorias DLC for Dark Souls is a shocking change of pace. You have to be fast and you can't hesitate at all with that boss, thankfully I also have Havel's Greatshield so EVERYTHING does piddly damage.

So far the Artorias DLC is pretty great.

Wow, The Sanctuary Guardian boss in the Artorias DLC for Dark Souls is a shocking change of pace. You have to be fast and you can't hesitate at all with that boss, thankfully I also have Havel's Greatshield so EVERYTHING does piddly damage.

You're early on, it's really some of the best DLC I've ever seen.

Nut up, and drop the shield.

Not using a shield might make the future bosses easier, actually.

Nah I gotta finish this presentation I gotta do tomorrow. But I'll probably be able to do some tomorrow. I have a few things in the oven with akihiko, but I'm still trying to figure out how to apply them in the Kanji match-up.

Guess it's for the best.
Hopefully I can actually master my stuff in time...

360pages

That awful feeling that when you're inspired by Anime and other things to write, but you barely have a trace of that genre in your writing.

There are no fanservice scenes where characters are half naked or hot springs chapter.

(I'm not sure if it's because I simply don't care about that, if I don't have enough confidence to put something like that in the story. Or I have too much self control and can git stimulated from other things)

It doesn't take place in japan, and everything that could be considered a filler chapter is used to expand the characters or world. Despite having obvious set up to action, only has about 3 actions scenes in the current 9 chapters and even then they are fast.

What's weird is that the Fanservice thing bothers me the most. I actually don't mind fanservice and am actually a little perverted, but I really just can't bring myself to actually write any of that. It just feels...out of place a lot of time, even characters that wear reveling clothing wear it for a reason and usually stop because it brings attention to them when doing normal things.

Such a strange feeling.

I saw the hockey talk earlier on but am too lazy to go back and quote everyone, I don't really have a team but being in BC I have the easiest access to the Canucks. At this point though I'm just throwing my lot in with every Canadian team, Its been too long since we brought the cup home... Even though over 50% of players in the NHL are Canadian anyway...

I saw the hockey talk earlier on but am too lazy to go back and quote everyone, I don't really have a team but being in BC I have the easiest access to the Canucks. At this point though I'm just throwing my lot in with every Canadian team, Its been too long since we brought the cup home... Even though over 50% of players in the NHL are Canadian anyway...

Look at the bright side...
eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom