• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

So while finishing my painting for class all I could think of was doing combos in Ultimax because I haven't been able to play it as much...do I have a problem?

The bad thing is it not being locked at 30 as that will inevitably be overcome by the PC scene, but that it's by a Japanese developer so changing it to 60 will break the game.

Yup. It's pretty shit.

So while finishing my painting for class all I could think of was doing combos in Ultimax because I haven't been able to play it as much...do I have a problem?

You don't have a problem until you're looking up frame data and hitboxes.

Jman014

The bad thing is it not being locked at 30 as that will inevitably be overcome by the PC scene, but that it's by a Japanese developer so changing it to 60 will break the game. I just hope Bethesda themselves aren't handling the PC port, I hope it's id or that company that does all the Capcom PC ports.

Reminds me of when Totalbiscuit found out that the PC version of Need for Speed Rivals broke when you got it to run at 60 fps.

Squishy3

I just hope Bethesda themselves aren't handling the PC port, I hope it's id or that company that does all the Capcom PC ports handling it. I can cancel my GMG preorder up until the keys are distributed so hopefully everything is revealed before then.

Squishy3

orlyb2sl3.jpg

More Bayonetta interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ggn-vhUxrw&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Any frienders still up for up for some Ultimaxing?

Margaret is Kokonoe tier and I will suck it up and deal with it but I will still hold some form of irrational hate to Margaret pickers.

I'm not sure about that, but I haven't fought enough of them to say for sure.

You don't have a problem until you're looking up frame data and hitboxes.

Even I haven't gone that far yet, lol.

I've only been on dustloop a few times, and have not looked up a ton yet. I've been debating how in depth I should get into this game.

I go on Dustloop all the time. I usually just look up and combos and match-up advice, but sometimes it goes even deeper.

Edit: Any frienders still up for up for some Ultimaxing?

I'm not sure about that, but I haven't fought enough of them to say for sure.

Even I haven't gone that far yet, lol.

I did it once. Some characters attack kept beating mine and I got really frustrated so I looked up the frame data.

Also, I'll probably be able to play in about a half hour.

Squishy3

Looking up frame data isn't too far gone, it's looking up hitboxes that has you too far gone. Frame data you aren't going to be remembering the exact numbers in the middle of a match, you're going to associate it with a move (ie 5a = -3 on block or something like that, pulling a number out of my ass) and you'll just remember if that move is punishable or not, where with like hitboxes if you're trying to memorize the hitbox and hurtbox for every single move/character you're fucking insane

I go on Dustloop all the time. I usually just look up and combos and match-up advice, but sometimes it goes even deeper.

I did it once. Some characters attack kept beating mine and I got really frustrated so I looked up the frame data.

I dustloop a lot, but frame data just seems so over the top for a thing to look up. I'm not even sure I'd understand it.
Also, good, I'll be running laps in Central Shopping Death til someone shows up.

So am I only considered a true friender when I play a fighting game with y'all?

That's how it works, then you mail in the boxtops for your official certificate.

JoJo94

Yeah same here only a few times have I checked what's cancelable.

I will hopefully have time to play this weekend...hopefully T-T

I dustloop a lot, but frame data just seems so over the top for a thing to look up. I'm not even sure I'd understand it.
Also, good, I'll be running laps in Central Shopping Death til someone shows up.

That's how it works, then you mail in the boxtops for your official certificate.
Boxtops?

360pages

Fuck writing is hard. It's even worse when you're writing a story and you actual don't know where it's going to end. Like, you have a plot and you have end points for an arc, but fuck me if I have any idea when the actual end point is. It could be 60 chapters long for all I know.

I'm back.

Yes I heard the BestGAF name drop on the podcast. YES!

I'm suprised on how dismissive Liam is over Smash 3DS. Sure it's a pretty barebones Smash game compared to Brawl and maybe Melee but what do you expect? It's a Smash game on a portable console. What's up with shitting on the menu for reiterating on Brawl's look? We had only 3 Smash games and he's thinking Sakurai intentionally mixes it up every game? Looks like he's comfortable with a certain aesthetic since Kirby's Air Ride and all of his games since then show it. IDK, it just seems that most of his criticism over the game is really nitpicky, like stickers being replaced by the icons. I'm not a fan of the character select screen either but Sakurai had to work with a tiny fucking screen with a tiny fucking resolution. He can't really make it pretty like in the console Smash games.

I don't know, he would rather this version never existed at all but I love being able to play Smash on the go. Liam even questioned Pat on why he shits on portable games for being on a portable platform a couple of weeks ago. I thought he would like what Smash 3DS offered over what it took away.

I agree with his sentiments of Ganondorf fucking sucking yet again though.

360pages

I'm back.

Yes I heard the BestGAF name drop on the podcast. YES!

I'm suprised on how dismissive Liam is over Smash 3DS. Sure it's a pretty barebones Smash game compared to Brawl and maybe Melee but what do you expect? It's a Smash game on a portable console. What's up with shitting on the menu for reiterating on Brawl's look? We had only 3 Smash games and he's thinking Sakurai intentionally mixes it up every game? Looks like he's comfortable with a certain aesthetic since Kirby's Air Ride and all of his games since then show it. IDK, it just seems that most of his criticism over the game is really nitpicky, like stickers being replaced by the icons. I'm not a fan of the character select screen either but Sakurai had to work with a tiny fucking screen with a tiny fucking resolution. He can't really make it pretty like in the console Smash games.

I don't know, he would rather this version never existed at all but I love being able to play Smash on the go. Liam even questioned Pat on why he shits on portable games for being on a portable platform a couple of weeks ago. I thought he would like what Smash 3DS offered over what it took away.

I agree with his sentiments of Ganondorf fucking sucking yet again though.

To be fair Liam still said it was worth buying. But I will say this game plays a hell of a lot better than Brawl, but brawl in terms of content and ascetic was amazing. And while I think Melee had the best menus and themes it is drawrfed.

Honestly, outside of Trophy rush and online, I'm honestly having trouble deciding what to actually do with it. I could beat smash core, but I really don't feel like it. And classic is super dull.

I wish they just remade adventure mode since Smash run is fun, but it feels to constricted. It's also nice that they have actual enemies from the game series.

It's a great game, but you can tell it pushes the cart and the 3DS to the limit through no fault of its own. And it works well as an appetizer. Now the Wii U version really needs to make itself shine to warrant double dipping/ higher price tag

I don't know how Maple Leaf fans stay with their team and pay those prices.

Ranger fans and Isles fans ain't got time for that shit. Either you win games or no one shows up.
The problem with Toronto is that most of the seats are filled with businessmen that go to the games for meetings, so the Leafs can jack up the prices and still make money while the real fans get screwed. That's the main reason why the Air Canada Centre sucks to be in, it seems like no one at the game cares.

"Matt, everyone's going to think we're super dumb."

That line saved the playthrough, because I was screaming in my head at the video over the
photograph and Burnham
, and I've never gotten this angry at any LP ever. And to top it off,
PAT BOLTED THE GODDAMN DOOR TO THE STATION AND WHEN HE CAME BACK HE SAID "HOW DID IT GET BOLTED? DID THE FISHMEN BOLT IT?"

I wish the LP would continue, though. This has been one of my favorites, butthurt complaining aside.
The bugs were incredible. I've never had them and I play the PC version, weirdly, which is the buggiest version?

i was SOOOO HYPE. i literally said if wiping all out was in the game it would be complete, and then it comes out as DLC. im pretty sure there are more packs coming too

There's a couple of packs that aren't out yet, but the ones listed in the DLC page are the only ones we're getting.
I'm slightly upset that we don't get any P1 or P2 tracks even though some character colors reference P1 and P2 character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom