• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

No, we argued over whether TerraForMars is racist or not a while ago. He was offended by it(regardless of authorial intent), and I said that that didn't make it racist, it made him offended.

I think he was referring to that as an example for this argument? Yeah, I remember that argument. Not to bring up the same topic/argument again. After reading it, I can see what he was arguing about, but at the same time it never really intended to be racist.

I think he was referring to that as an example for this argument? Yeah, I remember that argument. Not to bring up the same topic/argument again. After reading it, I can see what he was arguing about, but at the same time it never really intended to be racist.

No, we argued over whether TerraForMars is racist or not a while ago. He was offended by it(regardless of authorial intent), and I said that that didn't make it racist, it made him offended. Now that I think about it, I guess that makes both of our arguments about subjectivity vs. objectivity and me failing to explain the difference to him. BTW Village, I did end the conversation on a bit of an immature note earlier, and I apologize for that.

Edited it, but the edit was on the previous page by the time I finished typing, so.

No, we argued over whether TerraForMars is racist or not a while ago. He was offended by it(regardless of authorial intent), and I said that that didn't make it racist, it made him offended. Now that I think about it, I guess that makes both of our arguments about subjectivity vs. objectivity and me failing to explain the difference to him. BTW Village, I did end the conversation on a bit of an immature note earlier, and I apologize for that, but learn how opinions work tho.

Ah, that makes more sense. And yes, this whole things seems like it could have been very easily avoided if the wording was just slightly clearer. I take a good amount of blame for jumping to defend it, but the wording was pretty inflammatory. I do apologize if my joke about you having bad opinions offended you, it was a joke in good fun, but I apologize nonetheless.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Ah, that makes more sense. And yes, this whole things seems like it could have been very easily avoided if the wording was just slightly clearer. I take a good amount of blame for jumping to defend it, but the wording was pretty inflammatory. I do apologize if my joke about you having bad opinions offended you, it was a joke in good fun, but I apologize nonetheless.

Glad I missed that business. I came here for nerd shit, not politics.

Keep your politics out of my NeoGAF!

The internet is as full of misunderstandings as it is genuine arguments over opposing viewpoints.

I'm so fucking wise

joe2187

Banned
Eye surgery was quick and painless and already im seeing better without my glasses.

I got sweet ass laser vision. Also Sugar Shane Mosely was at the LASIK center and We all had a sweet time in the waiting room.

Zenfalcia

That... Is a pretty weirdly worded example. Whatever, it wasn't really an argument, since he apparently just misspoke. But yo, Village, I do like you and no hard feelings over this whole thing from me, but in the future you might want to make it more clear when what you're saying is an opinion. Not with me, from now on I'll just assume, but if that's how you talk in general then it's pretty easy to see why people would be as confrontational as I've seen them be.

Yeah.. It was fairly convoluted. Also this is what I'm reading as what he's trying to say, which might not be even the right message he's trying to say. I don't think anyone has hard feelings/hatred towards him.. It's just trying to understand his side of the argument or trying to explain the other side of the argument. Maybe he should word his words as more objective and opinion? He states some of his opinions as facts, which really ruins his argument.

Edited it, but the edit was on the previous page by the time I finished typing, so.

Yeah, a little of misunderstanding on everyone's part and weird wording.

Glad I missed that business. I came here for nerd shit, not politics.

Keep your politics out of my NeoGAF!

It wasn't really politics, just us kind of unknowingly acting out this gif.
PQkOqUE.gif

He states some of his opinions as facts, which really ruins his argument.

That's part of what makes it difficult, is there's no clear line of what's subjective and what's objective. Like my example in my previous post, going from directly saying that something I said had no value because it's an opinion to giving an opinion as a way to refute another point literally in the next sentence.

Eye surgery was quick and painless and already im seeing better without my glasses.

I got sweet ass laser vision. Also Sugar Shane Mosely was at the LASIK center and We all had a sweet time in the waiting room.

Was it freaky having to watch your own eyes get cut open and burned?

Zenfalcia

That's part of what makes it difficult, is there's no clear line of what's subjective and what's objective. Like my example in my previous post, going from directly saying that something I said had no value because it's an opinion to giving an opinion as a way to refute another point literally in the next sentence.

Yeah, that's what I read during your argument. That's also why I brought it up.

Squishy3

Was it freaky having to watch your own eyes get cut open and burned?
This just reminds me of when I was at the dentist getting a root canal and they hooked up a video camera into my mouth so he could see what he was doing on a screen because they had so much stuff jammed into my mouth he couldn't see around it while the mini camera could get right where he needed to be and he asked if I wanted to see what the root of my tooth looked like.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

You met Sugar Shane Mosley?
Maybe I should get Lasik too...
Congrats though

This just reminds me of when I was at the dentist getting a root canal and they hooked up a video camera into my mouth so he could see what he was doing on a screen because they had so much stuff jammed into my mouth he couldn't see around it while the mini camera could get right where he needed to be and he asked if I wanted to see what the root of my tooth looked like.
Did you take up his offer?
Then stay tuned.
I am always tuned

Been thinking of starting to listen to the Super Best Friendcast, but I haven't listened to a podcast since like....2008. Would it be best to start from the first episode or just get right into it?

Take your #postsurgeryvitaselfie

Alfebit doing god's work reminding us what's really important

Been thinking of starting to listen to the Super Best Friendcast, but I haven't listened to a podcast since like....2008. Would it be best to start from the first episode or just get right into it?

Either one, really. You know the best friends, their content is basically timeless if you know the references.

Just jump in or you'll be gone from life for a few weeks.
I said no as best I could.
I like how dentists always expect you to be able to respond when they're fucking about in your mouth. Like mother fucker you realize what's going on right?

I usually start with the most recent, then while waiting for a new one I listen to the old one. Most of their conversations aren't locked to the time, except when they talk about specific games, but those opinions are still fine.

Alfebit

Banned

Most of what they talk about in the first episode, and pretty much all of them except for the most recent one, is out of date information so I'd say just jump into the most recent one.

Man, Mordor is just chok full of amazing VAs. You play as Kanji, trying to avenge your wife Rise who was killed by Nathan Drake, who is working for Spike Spiegel, the Dark Lord.
And you have to kill multiple clones of Jake from Adventure Time to disrupt Spikes army, while teaming up with a friendly member of Spikes army, Sam B from Dead Island. And you also free Sasuke who has been enslaved by the army of Jakes, and Steven Armstrong from Reveangeance is living inside you as your stand.

What an amazing game.

So I was looking up some more stuff on Tokyo Tribe after someone posted the trailer to it earlier in the thread and while I didn't find anything too interesting, I did find this video. Now I don't know what they're saying because it's all Japanese, but that woman's dress. Oh my.

Also here's some more rad drifters shit.
Shimazu_Drifters_by_Apin_Vasi.jpeg

Zenfalcia

Man, Mordor is just chok full of amazing VAs. You play as Kanji, trying to avenge your wife Rise who was killed by Nathan Drake, who is working for Spike Spiegel, the Dark Lord.
And you have to kill multiple clones of Jake from Adventure Time to disrupt Spikes army, while teaming up with a friendly member of Spikes army, Sam B from Dead Island. And you also free Sasuke who has been enslaved by the army of Jakes, and Steven Armstrong from Reveangeance is living inside you as your stand.

What an amazing game.

Imagine if they used all those characters in one big mash up game. That would be amazingly terrible.

I just spent over half and hour in a co op multiplayer server in AVP Classic 2000. Near the end I continued to stay alive with only 4 points of health, no minigun ammo left, and my only option remaining was to go all John Woo on some Xeno asses.

Funny enough, the thing to put me down was a stray bullet from another player's pistol.

Fuck, I am loving this old ass PC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom