• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

I am keeping this gif
for a rainy day

i was gonna watch more but shit happens. ill marathon korra tomorrow tho.

i didnt, and i understand everything going on. anything important from airbender is kinda mentioned in korra

ATLA is just straight up better than Korra tho and it gives you a better understanding of the world and why it is the way it is now. Like a much, much deeper understanding. Even why shit like
people powering generators with lightningbending in the first couple of eps
is a huge fucking deal.

Guess I'll start with TLAB.

Its a great show, but I'm not a fan of the main character himself. The characters around him, especially Sokka and Zuko, are much better developed throughout the series.

That's best. You don't have to, but it's best.

Just to be clear, we say it all bolded and weird like this to
make it clear we don't accept the internet culture of piracy, right?

I don't support plundering the high seas, unless there's no other way to watch it or if its super expensive (in this case, its not at all). At least try to support the damn people that make the show, that's the reason Korra was taken off of TV and why I can't watch it.

ultimax

When
Katara was about to talk about what happened to Zuko's mom and Jinora just cock blocked the story. You really wouldn't get it without seeing ATLA.
oh alright. that part was just wtf to me lol
If you had watched ATLA you would've gotten the joke, no use explaining it to you now because you don't know the character.

i know who some of the characters are, and parts of the story. i only watched like 1 first season, and then a few random episodes because they were on TV. i never really got into it, but i may go back one day since im enjoying korra alot.

i know who some of the characters are, and parts of the story. i only watched like 1 first season, and then a few random episodes because they were on TV. i never really got into it, but i may go back one day since im enjoying korra alot.

It's like if you took Korra and made it better

I think I might've actually done that but I'm barely remembering anything about it

Please enjoy

I feel the same with Korra

I feel the opposite. Korra's gotten a lot more development than Mako or Asami. I'm still
waiting for an Asami episode where she really gets her time to shine.

I feel the opposite. Korra's gotten a lot more development than Mako or Asami. I'm still

LoK's problem character wise is that the characters have complete arcs in the first season and never really have anywhere special to go afterwards

Korra just frustrates me because it's like she doesn't know what she wants and does whatever she wants despite people around her giving her sound advice.

LoK's problem character wise is that the characters have complete arcs in the first season and never really have anywhere special to go afterwards

Not surprising since the writers didn't even know if they were gonna get to make a season 2. I can't blame them for problems in the writing.

Korra just frustrates me because it's like she doesn't know what she wants and does whatever she wants despite people around her giving her sound advice.

Just like any other teenage girl,
but she's gotten a lot better at listening to other people and being more patient.

You should, it's not just not knowing some of the background stuff tho, you're missing all the great in-jokes like

Also Jinora best grill in LoK

You should, it's not just not knowing some of the background stuff tho, you're missing all the great in-jokes like

That was an in-joke?

Season 3 and 4 are the only seasons that feel like a connected storyline because they were ordered at the same time. Mike and Bryan didn't get the order for them until season 2 was almost over.

It always pisses me off when network shenanigans effect writing quality in a show. I feel like it coulda been as good as avatar or at least close to it if they'd been given a 3-4 season block from the start.

Just like any other teenage girl,
but she's gotten a lot better at listening to other people and being more patient.

Which I understand, but it's frustrating none the less when she's been through this shit a few times and still acts the same. I haven't seen the third season year but I'm hoping that's true.

That was an in-joke?

Yeah it was a reference to something in the first show.

His stand is becoming too powerful.

So the chapter Aaron's in would be in Stone Ocean. His stand would
make Jolyne's team start talking about creep-ass perv shit. She's get sick of it and they'd all beat each other up. Aaron would reveal himself and Foo Fighters, the only one lacking a human sex drive and therefore the only one immune, would kill him.

Is there a prize for overthinking stupid shit?

So the chapter Aaron's in would be in Stone Ocean. His stand would
make Jolyne's team start talking about creep-ass perv shit. She's get sick of it and they'd all beat each other up. Aaron would reveal himself and Foo Fighters, the only one lacking a human sex drive and therefore the only one immune, would kill him.

Is there a prize for overthinking stupid shit?

If only this thread wasn't so lewd, maybe one of us could've stopped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom