• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
Welp, Ive fallen down the woolie hole.

I bought a Cammy Bishoujo and a Labyrs figure.

Whats has become of me.

Day 2 of Laser Eye Surgery, everything is covered in a soft halo. However I can see as good or better than I did with my glasses on before. Definitely worth it.

Whats has become of me.

Day 2 of Laser Eye Surgery, everything is covered in a soft halo. However I can see as good or better than I did with my glasses on before. Definitely worth it.

Do you have one of those post laser eye surgery eye patches?

Rutti

Whats has become of me.

Pics plz

joe2187

Banned
Do you have one of those post laser eye surgery eye patches?

I had to wear a clear plastic shell with holes in it all day yesterday, but they gave me these giant Stevie Wonder shades to cover em up with. I can take off the shell today but I'll have to wear it to sleep for the next week or so. Also I cant take a shower for two more days.

I just bought them from AmiAmi I think the Labyrs was on sale as a rerelease and the bishoujo was a pre-owned price.

They should arrive next month.

Whats has become of me.

Is it shadow labrys?

Emouse

That's the one I was talking about. The price is a little high, but it's a really good PVC.

My "Please Momohime, stop being sold out" funds might be sunk into that one.

Ah yes the elusive Momohime, I've seen it pop up in a few places at absurd prices, namely ebay & MFC

Oh god, Wii U threads make me want to die. I hope Dok doesn't try and fight in them.

10/10 It's ok.

Been watching it in 3-4 episode chunks, it's gotten a good deal better than the start.

Fight what?? I've been in GameStop this morning and grabbed Alien Isolation, Galaxy 2, and an eStore card.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
FUCK IT IS SHADOW LABRYS. I want one so bad

It's actually both. It comes with a swappable faceplate.

There's a really nice Labrys out early next year and I'm trying my hardest not to hit pre-order

I was waiting for this, partly why I never grabbed the figma, but the release price is absurd. I'm going to wait and see if it drops post-release.

That's the one I was talking about. The price is a little high, but it's a really good PVC.

My "Please Momohime, stop being sold out" funds might be sunk into that one.

Momohime popped up pre-owned on AmiAmi last night for around $90. It sold out within minutes.

Shackzam

Whats has become of me.

I'm probably getting the bishoujo she-hulk because she's da best.

Emouse

I was waiting for this, partly why I never grabbed the figma, but the release price is absurd. I'm going to wait and see if it drops post-release.

Yeah she's off my pre-order list for now, I'm trying to slow down with the figures, realised I have way over 100+ and nowhere to display them, to the point I'm reboxing stuff to make space for the pending pile, may start selling things soon too

joe2187

Banned
That's why I love Kotobukiya figures. Nice quality. Nice prices.

I don't have a limit, but my most expensive figure, Bayonetta, I bought discounted. I still see ot hovering around $150-$200.

How much and where did you get that bayo figure, which one? I want one soo bad.

Go big or go home nerd

Nyoooo...I even got rid of my glasses, im not a nerd anymore. I'm a normal upstanding citizen now.

Momohime popped up pre-owned on AmiAmi last night for around $90. It sold out within minutes.

Oh Momohime, you are always out of my reach, wait for me Momohime-sama

So Korra... Hard game is hard. And while it might not be as fun that you don't have all your bending powers from the start, you have to give Platinum some credit. Each stance still has a different style, even if it is only hand to hand. The airbending stance can be really handy if you need to close a gap quickly.

Just the normal, awful Wii U gaming side threads. They're as awful as ever and I made a mistake of going into one.

Summary?

If it's "Wii U is terrible. Stop being a Nintendo fanboy", I'd brush it off.

The hate for the console is REALLY unjustified. Nintendo is the best budget option with the larger game library. You can't even go backwards compatible with Sony or MS this gen!

You're right, it's for the best for me to avoid these arguments altogether.

Summary?

If it's "Wii U is terrible. Stop being a Nintendo fanboy", I'd brush it off.

The hate for the console is REALLY unjustified. Nintendo is the best budget option with the larger game library. You can't even go backwards compatible with Sony or MS this gen!

You're right, it's for the best for me to avoid these arguments altogether.
Seeing that the Wii U is still overpriced, I'm not going to call it the best budget option, especially with third parties fleeing. A good secondary console, yes. A good head system, not really.

I still have buyer's remorse over my Wii U. It has not provided me enough entertainment for how much it cost. Bayonetta will change it, as it was the only reason why I bought the console, but after that and Smash, I really don't see a bright future for it.

croten

Just finished Korra on expert. That game is easy as hell, definitely the easiest platinum game I've played. I think the main difficulty is getting used to the combat system but once you get it down it's really simple. I managed to get better medals on my expert play through than on my Normal one. Wind bending is also super OP.

Seeing that the Wii U is still overpriced, I'm not going to call it the best budget option, especially with third parties fleeing. A good secondary console, yes. A good head system, not really.

I still have buyer's remorse over my Wii U. It has not provided me enough entertainment for how much it cost. Bayonetta will change it, as it was the only reason why I bought the console, but after that and Smash, I really don't see a bright future for it.

If I didn't keep my Wii for GC games, it'd be gone a long time after buying the Wii U.

Remember that the Wii U has access to the Wii's Library and I believe the Wii VC games. 300 dollars for the console buys you into a lot of games if you never touched a Wii. Compared to the offerings Sony and MS are currently offering, it's a nice compromise.

It's budget for AAA gaming at least. If we were to delve into OD budget gaming, I'd bring up the Ouya or Onlive or really terrible budget options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom