• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

They're probably more well off than the average college student, but if you have a regularly well paying job, buying one $50-100 figure a month isn't that unreasonable and wouldn't take too long to get a pretty decently sized collection going. And if you go conventions you can find them cheaper, so there's also that.

I guess, but you also need a sizable house/apartment to go with it. You'll probably also not have roommates to help cover rent.

But yeah, if they're spending all their disposable income on it, then I guess I can see it happening without nuking your wallet.

Guys, I think I might need to lock myself up to avoid going on a crazy rampage.
Friend of mine played the W101 demo, said he had no interest in the game, I told him the demo is a poor rep. of what the whole game is, he didn't believe me.
I tell him to get Bayo 2 cause it's made by the same developer, he says he has no interest in the game because of that, and even after I link him the review thread, he still doesn't want it.
He's one of 2 people I know that own a Wii U and he's not even doing it right.

Why did he get the Wii U? VC Games? Mario and Smash?

That's a little extreme.

Poor choice of words. Nintendo isn't being an IP bully. I meant that they're copying a similar corporate strategy in NOA at least. Take a look at the Nintendo site and the Apple site and check out how products are showcased.

But yeah, if they're spending all their disposable income on it, then I guess I can see it happening without nuking your wallet.

It's just priorities. If you don't buy an $8 lunch everyday, go out drinking and buying drinks at the bar, constantly eat out at nice restaurants you can easily afford it without it being super expensive.

ultimax

Since everyone is talking about figures, I'm gonna take a moment to push Senran Kagura
senran-kagura-17-prepainted-pvc-figure-asuka-damage-ver-329001.1.jpg

i know you guys love it, calm down.

The Extreme difficulty is pretty rough, though. The second encounter on Air Temple Island has a mech sitting on the bridge shooting it's electric tendrils from out of the ground and every single enemy is constantly throwing bolos at you.

That sounds so amazingly evil. Can't wait

I guess, but you also need a sizable house/apartment to go with it. You'll probably also not have roommates to help cover rent.

I only have two expenses a month, cable and phone. I do not need to pay for food. I have no rent. I have no bills. The military handles all of that. My disposable income is great.

I also have a budget that I strictly follow, and I managed my finances very well. You just have to be capable with your money.

Friend of mine played the W101 demo, said he had no interest in the game, I told him the demo is a poor rep. of what the whole game is, he didn't believe me.
I tell him to get Bayo 2 cause it's made by the same developer, he says he has no interest in the game because of that, and even after I link him the review thread, he still doesn't want it.

Then the game's not for him and you shouldn't bring it up ever again to him.

Jman014

I would totally buy a best girl
asami
figure

I would totally buy an Asami figure along with Korra, Mako and Bolin by this guy. GG Nickelodeon with not making the Korra merchandise I want.

Then they can hang out forever even though when the show ends they'll be dead in a way.

I would totally buy an Asami figure along with Korra, Mako and Bolin by this guy. GG Nickelodeon with not making the Korra merchandise I want.

Then they can hang out forever even though when the show ends they'll be dead in a way.
If only there was a best girl
toph
figure

demidar

I only have two expenses a month, cable and phone. I do not need to pay for food. I have no rent. I have no bills. The military handles all of that. My disposable income is great.

I also have a budget that I strictly follow, and I managed my finances very well. You just have to be capable with your money.

I'm not a material fiend. All I need is a bed, a roof over my head and an internet connection with a computer and I'm pretty happy. Everything else is superfluous.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Show him the best friends play W101, then make him download the bayo2 demo

by any means neccessary.

ultimax

Push Senran more though.

Senran for life. Or should I say
Senran for
hometown
lol I made a joke

I'd buy them too, but god damn I wish I had the room for it

Emouse

Would you ever buy one if it was really high quality?

Edit: I'll answer back in a few hours.. going to work now.. :/

I have plenty of articulated figures, most are GSC's figma or nendoroid line, which I think are probably the best poseables in terms of quality and non intrusive joints, sure they're there but it's not an eyesore bar a few figures like that Samus, I'm not a huge fan of S.H. Figuarts stuff but they're not bad, not a fan of Revoltech though their joints look bad and feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom