• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emouse

Are we talkin Naruto here? Cause I would self my kidney for a skimpy Hinata figure.

I'm sure there's a custom out there, there's gotta be
believe it

Pretty much both, I get kind tired of that kind of character type really quickly, but I guess he might become more interesting if season 2 goes into whatever war is suppose to be coming.

Fair enough, I found him more interesting than some of the cast

Yeah it is. I don't understand a word of it....

Perfekt

Really? That might motivate me to power through that first episode. Watching it subbed was kinda hard.

I'm one of the sub>dub people for most things, but if it's solid then I'm all in.

The first episode is a lot of talking since it sets up the grail war and the masters summoning the servants. Things don't really kick off till a few episodes in.

But seriously, the dub is great. There's some AAA english talent in that show. Crispin Freeman as Kirei and Mathew Mercer (Leon and Jotaro) as Kiritsugu fucking knock it out of the park as well. Plus you got Liam O' Brian doing Kariya is also an amazing fit.

But the best is easily Jamieson Price as Rider.

Here's a trailer for everyone but aaron if you need proof

Xiraiya

Fair enough, I found him more interesting than some of the cast

I can understand, I guess it's just one of those things since Shizuo and Celty are by far my favorite characters.
I have a serious dislike of characters like Izaya because they get away with way too much while being obviously sketchy as fuck, and I don't really know how they keep managing to make people fall for their bullshit time and time again, it really just seems beyond reason.

So my logic with characters like that is you know damn well they are going to mess everything up, get rid of them and kill them off as quick as possible and never look back.
So Shizuo being the sort to know immediately at a glance how much of a problem someone like Izaya is or will potentially be and that instinct being something that bothers Izaya is pretty much the only thing I enjoy about his existence.

tumblr_m0d9ttBsFk1r3ws4ho1_500.gif

Why the actual fuck would you do that?

Because while Spike is great, all of the supporting cast and every background character is typical dub quality and I can't deal with that.

#SubLife

Emouse

I can understand, I guess it's just one of those things since Shizuo and Celty are by far my favorite characters.
I have a serious dislike of characters like Izaya because they get away with way too much while being obviously sketchy as fuck, and I don't really know how they keep managing to make people fall for their bullshit time and time again, it really just seems beyond reason.

So my logic with characters like that is you know damn well they are going to mess everything up, get rid of them and kill them off as quick as possible and never look back.
So Shizuo being the sort to know immediately at a glance how much of a problem someone like Izaya is or will potentially be and that instinct being something that bothers Izaya is pretty much the only thing I enjoy about his existence.

Kind of like he's dumbing down the rest of the cast? he's played off as the sly behind the scenes guy and everyone falls for his shit repeatedly, some are more aware of it than others, like Kida doesn't trust him but I don't remember many other characters having a problem with him, well apart from Shizuo, and their exchanges are probably the most entertaining parts of the series
did any of this make sense? probably not

Shadow of the Colossus

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Persona 4

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Fallout: New Vegas

Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Vesperia (I put these two together because they are so similar and I like both for different reasons.)

Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins

Super Mario Sunshine

Chrono Trigger

Radiant Historia

Earthbound

Dark Souls

Squishy3

Wii U marketing in full effect, guys

Prolific music producer and rapper Eminem has reportedly bought a Wii U in order to play Super Smash Bros next month as he’s so bored with Destiny. According to a number of tweets on the issue, the news snippet was shared by talk show hosts on Shade 45 – a Sirius XM radio channel produced by Eminem. Though it may just be an inside joke among the hosts of the show, it’s an interesting tidbit for sure. And given he’s a big fan of Donkey Kong, it’s no surprise he may be picking up Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

ultimax

I only have one episode left of Season 1, I'll let you borrow it this Friday. I HOPE YOU FINISHED THE BERSERK VOLUMES I LET YOU BORROW THOUGH.
I finished volume 4 yesterday. I noticed a lot of differences so far in the golden age arc and I think I may actually be enjoying it more than the anime. I still read it with everyone's godly dub voice in mind tho

Shadow of the Colossus

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Persona 4

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Fallout: New Vegas

Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Vesperia (I put these two together because they are so similar and I like both for different reasons.)

Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins

Super Mario Sunshine

Chrono Trigger

Radiant Historia

Earthbound

Dark Souls

I haven no idea how people can make top 15 lists, I can barely get past top 5

Squishy3

I liked the first two seasons. It was like a self aware Degrassi with bad songs. Then they lost the meta humor and just became a standard teen drama in season 3 and I stopped watching slowly.
Degrassi is a masterpiece. Don't insult it by comparing it to Glee. I have to go check my Facerange and Hastygram.

I know right? Its so good. Here's a comparison video for english and japanese so you can see how awful the english dub version is in comparison.

Jesus Christ, that dub actually is bad. She sounds so angry when her face is so clearly happy. She's supposed to be taunting him, right? But dub lady is just straight yelling at him! What the fuck are you guys talking about!? SERIOUSLY! Am I the only one on this?

Also, it went from what is clearly a memorable scene with the dumb Engrish to what seems like a standard scene in English. Boring.

Everytime I read berserk I lose my shit over the amazing artwork. I apologize in advance for the sticky pages.
kidding
kinda
lol

Its ok I totally understand.
They were already sticky when I gave them to you.
Not really though, but the later volumes look even better.
Especially that one volume of THAT scene if you know what I mean.

Jesus Christ, that dub actually is bad. She sounds so angry when her face is so clearly happy. She's supposed to be taunting him, right? But dub lady is just straight yelling at him! What the fuck are you guys talking about!? SERIOUSLY! Am I the only one on this?

Also, it went from what is clearly a memorable scene with the dumb Engrish to what seems like a standard scene in English. Boring.

ok.

croten

The first episode is a lot of talking since it sets up the grail war and the masters summoning the servants. Things don't really kick off till a few episodes in.

But seriously, the dub is great. There's some AAA english talent in that show. Crispin Freeman as Kirei and Mathew Mercer (Leon and Jotaro) as Kiritsugu fucking knock it out of the park as well. Plus you got Liam O' Brian doing Kariya is also an amazing fit.

But the best is easily Jamieson Price as Rider.

Here's a trailer for everyone but aaron if you need proof

Dayumm maybe I need to switch to dub.

Oberon

Banned
tumblr_m0d9ttBsFk1r3ws4ho1_500.gif

Because while Spike is great, all of the supporting cast and every background character is typical dub quality and I can't deal with that.

#SubLife

That's great. Better than every piece of English voice acting for any anime ever.

I usually agree that Sub>dub

BUT, I would never and I say NEVER watch detective Conan in somthing else as the German dub. And those oppening!
Please take your time listening to those:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkTHZD8IIxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkTHZD8IIxw

And the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58K8JuUMZ9I

Dayumm maybe I need to switch to dub.

I could recommend it, but the switch back from dub to sub for UBW could be a little jarring. If that's not a factor go ahead.

Personally I'd say to watch it subbed once and then dubbed again at a later time just because you might miss stuff your first time through like I did (and because the Japanese VA's are really good as well).

I'm going to burn that volume.

You're gonna love the front cover for the volume. I looked at it again after I finished reading it and got so salt lmao

I'm mostly dub, because it's easier to not pay attention to a language I understand, rather than read, and listen to the chattering of a language I don't understand.

ultimax

You're gonna love the front cover for the volume. I looked at it again after I finished reading it and got so salt lmao

I'll just watch Ippo afterwards to cheer me up. It's so god damn good

Ippo ep 13/14 -
when the chief makes Ippo practice dodging takamura's hooks and Ippo keeps getting knocked out by him. Then takamura proceeds to beat the shit out of aoki and Kimura just because. I love takamura.

360pages

I noticed that Naruto games follow the smash line of logic when updating certain characters.

Some get new ultimate attacks and movesets while others are told to fuck off even when they showed new stuff in the series. Jugo still haven't been updated at all, but don't worry, those 4 different Naruto's and Sasuke's won't program themselves.

I couldn't wear it, Endless 8 beat me.

I marathoned every episode all in one sitting. And none of that watching it all at the same time bullshit on youtube.

I'll just watch Ippo afterwards to cheer me up. It's so god damn good

Ippo ep 13/14 -
when the chief makes Ippo practice dodging takamura's hooks and Ippo keeps getting knocked out by him. Then takamura proceeds to beat the shit out of aoki and Kimura just because. I love takamura.

Finish season one, then tell me why Takamura is your favorite character in the show. Then finish season two and tell me why he's the best anime character ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom