• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimax

It's one of my favorite games of all time and I wasn't expecting anything. Like, Flower was pretty nice, but it never managed to capture my attention as much. Flow managed to do that even less. I then just decided to buy and play Journey (which takes about 1.5 - 2 hours at most) and ended up in love with it. I can completely understand why some might not be interested in it (though don't take the non-game retarded bullshit seriously. If you play it, you'll understand how that is literally as wrong as anything could possibly be) and I would even understand if people didn't like it or hate it, but I would still recommend it to everyone. It's merely 2 hours anyway. It is nothing short of a masterpiece in game design.
I'll definitely check it out when the PS4 version gets released

croten

This is the most obnoxious shit ever. I swear to god, I fucking despise it when people say this, because it's literally the most untrue, stupid shit ever. Every single element of journey solely relies on its gameplay and nothing else. It's like people look at it for five seconds and say "oh you just run, walk, jump and glide. non-game", not knowing how insanely wrong they are.

But if it doesn't have shoot-bangs then is it really gameplay?

Xiraiya

Oh man, listening to Liam in Last week's podcast trying to defend Project Diva from Woolie and sounding more and more dejected by the second.

I laughed at the "Oh you played it on normal? Normal's not uhhh..."

croten

And when your fire runs out and you can't move mid-jump because you dared to shift off to one direction as you jumped over the death wall?

This section is so bad it's absurd.

Then you fucked up. If you activate the air boost and shoot a fire ball immediately they should run out at the same time so jumping should never be a problem

Oberon

Banned
Journey is only gameplay

This is the most obnoxious shit ever. I swear to god, I fucking despise it when people say this, because it's literally the most untrue, stupid shit ever. Every single element of journey solely relies on its gameplay and nothing else. It's like people look at it for five seconds and say "oh you just run, walk, jump and glide. non-game", not knowing how insanely wrong they are.

I am sorry, didn't mean it like that.
In a game,for me gameplay has always been there to achive a certain objectives.
I need a direction, somthing to achive. That's why I don't play games that are too open, I spent too much time thinking what to do, and do nothing as a result.

But back to Jorney, I shouldn't have said that, it was stupid of me.

croten

I am sorry, didn't mean it like that.
In a game,for me gameplay has always been there to achive a certain objectives.
I need a direction, somthing to achive. That's why I don't play games that are too open, I spent too much time thinking what to do, and do nothing as a result.

But back to Jorney, I shouldn't have said that, it was stupid of me.

Journey has a clear objective, go to the mountain

Oh man, listening to Liam in Last week's podcast trying to defend Project Diva from Woolie and sounding more and more dejected by the second.

I laughed at the "Oh you played it on normal? Normal's not uhhh..."
Well, it is true, Normal in Project Diva is boring.

Hard and Extreme is where it's at.

croten

I would like to mention however that I'm not an "ahh art games hmm yes, so sophisticated and deep" kind of guy at all. In fact, I hate that shit with a passion. I dislike Dear Esther for a multitude of reasons, find Bastion's storytelling to be lackluster, The Path to be tripe et cetera.
But Journey? Fuck, journey is something else entirely. I love that game so much.

I got one of my friends to play it (others generally don't play indie) and I was expecting him to be disappointed because I hyped the game to absolute hell. Ten minutes after he played it, he send me a message stating "Oh my god. This game is a masterpiece". And for some reason, that made me incredibly happy.

I was sitting next to him as he was playing it, but when he was done he said that it was the only game that ever made him feel emotional. To be fair he doesn't play a lot of games in general

See, if all fighting games were on PC then this wouldn't even be an issue. Still, nice of Lab Zero to do this.

For tournaments, PC won't be used most likely. The PC set up would be too time consuming to con/tourney volunteers, so I'm glad that all of the console stuff would be standardized for the Sony console fighting games if they use the drivers.

I feel bad tho for Madcatz and Hori that sold their new fightstick that supports both PS3 and PS4 support at a more premium price. At least Madcatz can get more money from the XBONE TE2s

It was way more than 2 hours for me. I got the white cloak, maxed out the pattern on the cloak and found all of the murals.
I was only going off of the initial playthrough. I have played and beaten Journey several times.

I haven't 100% the game yet. I'm bad at finding things.

Squishy3

This Korra game is pretty cool. It makes me realize how much I would love an open world game set in this world though.
With luck maybe Platinum will get to develop a sequel that isn't a $15 downloadable game. It's not like the show creators are going to be up to anything substantial!

croten

That scene was pretty emotional, though I had a stronger reaction to
the scene before it, where Kamina would appear in front of Simon. I was so in love with that incredibly strong, brotherly relationship they had going on in the first half of the show (built up through some really touching, small and insignificant moments like this one here or how Kamina just crossed his arms in complete trust of Simon when he asked Kamina to leave it to him, despite everyone being skeptical of his abilities) that when they were torn apart, I got wrecked. Then when he appears when Simon needs him the most and the conversation they have about Simon's drill being his soul and idle talk like how Simon got longer than Kamina. I just... ;_;

Yeah those moments really made me feel like they weren't just bros but actual brothers.

croten

I wouldn't mind an Avatar RPG, if it had nothing to do with the main characters of the show and featured an original plot.

Yeah that would be nice and all but... I want a pro bending game! If harry potter could get a Quiditch game that was better than it had any right to be then Avatar can get this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom