• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

No way, we need Sokka and his boomerang. Avatar the Last Airbender spoilers:
and his space sword.

The Last Airbender would lend itself well for an RPG, Legend of Korra on the other hand I can't see working. The characters really aren't interesting enough to carry that sort of thing, plus they are stuck in one area most of the time with a few branching things.

Plus, I kind of want to see what a writer can do without using the crutch of The Avatar as every single plot point. Just have an event, where something needs to be done.

Squishy3

Yeah that would be nice and all but... I want a pro bending game! If harry potter could get a Quiditch game that was better than it had any right to be then Avatar can get this
Well... we have the ghetto pro-bending in this. It's simple but enjoyable enough. If it got online multiplayer and didn't adhere strictly to the legitimate rules (think the bullshit Tano pulled in the finals match in the 1st season of korra) it could be fun. Also if it got the faceoff where it's 1v1 if both teams have the same amount of points once all the rounds are up.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
I noticed someone mention it but am too lazy to find the specific post, but how long do you guys think it'll take for Part 4 of JoJo to be adapted to anime? I was under the impression that if it wasn't the next season it would be the season after. But Iunno how anime scheduling or production works.

Emouse

Yeah that would be nice and all but... I want a pro bending game! If harry potter could get a Quiditch game that was better than it had any right to be then Avatar can get this

I could get behind that, add some variation like arena size and different layouts, maybe be able to switch control to each team member like other sports games do, 6 player support for fun ass 3v3s with fiends

yeah man

Jman014

The Last Airbender would lend itself well for an RPG, Legend of Korra on the other hand I can't see working. The characters really aren't interesting enough to carry that sort of thing, plus they are stuck in one area most of the time with a few branching things.

Plus, I kind of want to see what a writer can do without using the crutch of The Avatar as every single plot point. Just have an event, where something needs to be done.

A perspective outside of the Avatar's would be interesting. Man, I really like Witcher 2.

croten

Well... we have the ghetto pro-bending in this. It's simple but enjoyable enough. If it got online multiplayer and didn't adhere strictly to the legitimate rules (think the bullshit Tano pulled in the finals match in the 1st season of korra) it could be fun.

Exactly, I want that! I think it could be it's own game. You would make your own team and play as any bender you want, other than air. 3 player co-op and 3v3 versus. Online. A campaign mode where you rise to the championship, meeting the Fire Ferrets along the way of course.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I was talking with some people today and the topic of a Wolfenstein movie with Arnold schwarzenegger as a rogue Nazi. Sound hype to any of you?

croten

I noticed someone mention it but am too lazy to find the specific post, but how long do you guys think it'll take for Part 4 of JoJo to be adapted to anime? I was under the impression that if it wasn't the next season it would be the season after. But Iunno how anime scheduling or production works.

It will be a while yet, Part 3 is only half done and its on hold for now. Another year and a half at least before part 4.

Oberon

Banned
That scene was pretty emotional, though I had a stronger reaction to
the scene before it, where Kamina would appear in front of Simon. I was so in love with that incredibly strong, brotherly relationship they had going on in the first half of the show (built up through some really touching, small and insignificant moments like this one here or how Kamina just crossed his arms in his mech in complete trust of Simon when he asked Kamina to leave it to him, despite everyone being skeptical of Simon's abilities at the time and despite Simon being somewhat weak at the time.) that when they were torn apart in episode 8, I got wrecked. Then when he appears when Simon needs him the most and the conversation they have about Simon's drill being his soul and idle talk like how Simon got longer than Kamina...I just... ;_;

To be honest, even after ep 8, I didn't care much about Kamina.
But after that scene, I understood. Kamina broke my guard and Viral was the killing blow.
It's just like with Kittan, He is a true hero!

Emouse

I was talking with some people today and the topic of a Wolfenstein movie with Arnold schwarzenegger as a rogue Nazi. Sound hype to any of you?

Yes, like turning on his own? starts off as the bad guy then thinks yo fuck this robo nazi bullshit, thus starting his quest to take out mecha hitler in a blaze of glorious Arnie yelling and explosions

Goddamn
meteor sword. His plan to attack the fire nations zeppelins was cool, and that entire last arc about them and also Aangs battle with the Fire Lord were amazing.
Oh man I know. He organized everything so well. His dad was SO FUCKING PROUD. Best book ever
Yes, like turning on his own? starts off as the bad guy then thinks yo fuck this robo nazi bullshit, thus starting his quest to take out mecha hitler in a blaze of glorious Arnie yelling and explosions
Eet feels like I'm CAHMEENG

I'd say 2016. If we're lucky maybe the end of 2015. But we're never lucky.

You should check out The killing and Hannibal, great detective shows.

Although if you want to rot your brain you could watch The Following.

The Following started finebut damn there is a tonne of stupid shit in it and especially season 2. Under the Dome takes my vote for dumbest shit TV show of the years that It aired.

croten

To be honest, even after ep 8, I didn't care much about Kamina.
But after that scene, I understood. Kamina broke my guard and Viral was the killing blow.
It's just like with Kittan, He is a true hero!

I feel like you should watch the first 6 episodes again and maybe see them in a new light.

The funniest part is the guy who writes Saga is the guy who adapted Under The Dome for TV.

oh wow really? That's... something all right. Maybe the source material is incredibly poorly written with awful characters, blaring plot holes and some of the dumbest lapses in thought and logic ever? I like Stephen King but I never read the book
I'm just trying to make excuses for the guy

I wouldn't mind an Avatar RPG, if it had nothing to do with the main characters of the show and featured an original plot.

Well, apparently the new Korra 3DS game is coming out next Tuesday according to most retailers. Don't know how true that is though.

Me personally, I much prefer character action to RPG. I really don't want an open world Avatar game over a character action game like the one we got. But any good avatar game is better than none.

Jman014

Well, apparently the new Korra 3DS game is coming out next Tuesday according to most retailers. Don't know how true that is though.

Me personally, I much prefer character action to RPG. I really don't want an open world Avatar game over a character action game like the one we got. But any good avatar game is better than none.

I have my own wants and desires of an Avatar rpg. I would really want CD Projekt to work on it.

Btw I've seen screenshots of that Korra 3DS game and it looks like Fire Emblem

I have my own wants and desires of an Avatar rpg. I would really want CD Projekt to work on it.

Technically still an RPG, just a strategy one lol. And it looks pretty cool. I'll check it out for myself since I'm less likely to listen to any Korra reviews after the terrible ones the platinum one got.

Imagine a Fire Emblem or Civilization style game where you take control of one of the Nations at the beginning of the 100 years war.

croten

As far as I can remember, episode 4 is a lot worse. That being said, 6 isn't much better.
Exactly.

At the beginning, middle, ending? Where exactly? I'm not going to watch the entire episode at the moment as I'm about to go to sleep.

Very begining just after the opening

Jman014

Technically still an RPG, just a strategy one lol. And it looks pretty cool. I'll check it out for myself since I'm less likely to listen to any Korra reviews after the terrible ones the platinum one got.

I would imagine Korra and the team running into Chrom, Lucina and Robin followed by everyone going on dumb adventures together.

Imagine a Fire Emblem or Civilization style game where you take control of one of the Nations at the beginning of the 100 years war.

That would be cool.
RIP Air Nomads.
I've heard there's a Civ 5 ATLA mod that might have that going on for it.

That scene was pretty emotional, though I had a stronger reaction to
the scene before it, where Kamina would appear in front of Simon. I was so in love with that incredibly strong, brotherly relationship they had going on in the first half of the show (built up through some really touching, small and insignificant moments like this one here or how Kamina just crossed his arms in his mech in complete trust of Simon when he asked Kamina to leave it to him, despite everyone being skeptical of Simon's abilities at the time and despite Simon being somewhat weak at the time.) that when they were torn apart in episode 8, I got wrecked. Then when he appears when Simon needs him the most and the conversation they have about Simon's drill being his soul and idle talk like how Simon got longer than Kamina...I just... ;_;
That is actually one of my favorite scenes from anything ever.

I mean like seriously. How is it not the most amazing thing ever.

You're not wrong. Wait until if you played X4, and hell X5 onwards... Oh my god.

I can't even articulate what I hated about it so much, but everything just felt bad. My biggest problem was the boss powers not being fun at all. I was using Storm Eagle's all the goddamn time, but I don't remember feeling like any of the powers in 2 were any more useful than the Megabuster.

ok should I read up on Drakengard 1 before playing Nier? Does it really matter or does it just make things better?

The games are completely self contained in the context of their own story, yet connect with each other very strongly. My recommendation is to play Drakengard 1 first. Not only will it give you the lore of the Drakengard/Nier universe, but it'll help set your expectations of what you're getting into gameplay wise.

I highly recommend it, but you don't absolutely have to.

If you hate yourself play drakengard 1.

La la la la la. La la la la la.

Seek not the watchers. Speak not the watchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom