• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a few too many red licorice screwdrivers so I'm a tad tipsy, like everybody in the club is getting, so I only have a tenuous grasp on what's happening, but The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy is the best children's show on the cartoon network.

The Internet ruined Billy and Mandy for me man. There's this shitty web comic my friend likes, where Mandy apparently caused 9/11 and worships hitler. And there's all these bad tim burton cameos and shit. And Mandy and Grim have babbies somehow.

Alfebit

Banned
You can change the camera view in P3P?! WHAT?! This changes everything!

The Internet ruined Billy and Mandy for me man. There's this shitty web comic my friend likes, where Mandy apparently caused 9/11 and worships hitler. And there's all these bad tim burton cameos and shit. And Mandy and Grim have babbies somehow.

HOLY SHIT! My sister used to read that! That was fucking weird.

demidar

I don't know if it's the one you're talking about but there was (is?) a webcomic by Bleedman (I think his name is) which sort of does the same thing Mandy was aged up and there were all these other cameos from other cartoons.

It's that time of night when I have no fucking idea what anyone's talking about anymore.

JK Aaron's drunk and the rest of you are talking about cartoon network and the Machinima show

HOLY SHIT! My sister used to read that! That was fucking weird.

I just remember seeing my friend read it, and I remember researching it on the shitty web comics wiki.

Web comics are so fucking bad. There so bad!

Edit: I think it was called GrimTales or some shit

But Ippo tho, wanting to dempsey roll into Mashibas sisters panties.

Evil within takes the combat mechanics from TLOU and throws into a virtual haunted house filled with mind fuckery and tense atmosphere.
Yeah but mashibas a dick, and his sister totes has a thing for ippo deedee has no need for the mandark D

I don't know if it's the one you're talking about but there was (is?) a webcomic by Bleedman (I think his name is) which sort of does the same thing Mandy was aged up and there were all these other cameos from other cartoons.

Yeah, I think that's what it was (is?)

360pages

By brother read Grim tales and Powerpuff girls one. Apparently the later was better.

Though the guy is a legit good artist, so he probably should have just made an original web comic instead.

ippos gonna fight takumura and become the greatest boxer ever and still not be able to get into kumis pants

Ippo will never fight Takamura, he's just gonna have that fight with Miyata that we all stopped caring about around episode 8
Oh no, another technical counter puncher with a handle on Ippo's style, I wonder if he'll punch them really hard in the face right before they win to turn it around, spoilers probably

joe2187

Banned
If only he would ACTUALLY DO IT GODDAMNIT FUCK HIM KUMI HE'S NOT GONNA FUCK YOU SO YOU HAVE TO FUCK HIM

She's got that sick flicker jab tho...

Kumi_flickerjab.jpg

demidar

By brother read Grim tales and Powerpuff girls one. Apparently the later was better.

Though the guy is a legit good artist, so he probably should have just made an original web comic instead.

Grim Tales, yes I think that's what it was called. I remember being fairly impressed with the technical skill of the art, subject matter aside.

Holy shit, he really is a great artist.

Smashing_by_bleedman.jpg

Here's the thing though, that shot of zelda looks like literally every little girl on Grim Tales (at least from what I've seen of Grim Tales)

archon_2010_giveaways_by_bleedman-d31uoog.jpg

Yeah, I do wonder why he hasn't started anything of his own yet?

Ok I take it back, that looks pretty good.

But still even if he'd do something original, it would still probably be poorly written and embarrassing.

Finally getting back to berserk now that I'm over the emotional scarring of that volume.

Man the change in tone in the next volume is almost jarring. Still amazing though.

360pages

Here's the thing though, that shot of zelda looks like literally every little girl on Grim Tales (at least from what I've seen of Grim Tales)

Ok I take it back, that looks pretty good.

But still even if he'd do something original, it would still probably be poorly written and embarrassing.

I think the main problem is that he wanted to make it dark for the sake of being dark. If he just wrote a fun adventure story, like a safe shonen or something it should be fine. Then after writing something a little it would be fine.

Nothing is worse then making something dark for the sake of it.

I think the main problem is that he wanted to make it dark for the sake of being dark. If he just wrote a fun adventure story, like a safe shonen or something it should be fine. Then after writing something a little it would be fine.

Nothing is worse then making something dark for the sake of it.
Know what you mean. Apparently in the Powerpuff girls thing, Bubbles gets raped by Him or some shit. If you want to talk about being dark just for the sake of being dark, think about that shit. Don't actually read it though.

360pages

Well he does have an original series known as Sugar bits, and I never read any of his comics so I have no idea if any of that is factual or not. I might look into Sugar bits though if I get the time.

OH MAN THAT FNAF VIDEO WAS GREAT. I can't contribute to the bad web comic thing because I have bad taste

It was amazing. Couldn't actually watch it though, mostly listened to it because I'm a huuuuge pussy. That fucking Fox is the worst.

Edit: But now that I know when the jumpscares happen, I can actually watch it without being scared to death. Yes, this is how my life works.

360pages

So I read the first part of Sugar bits...I will give it one thing, it's bizarre as fuck. It's based off of fairy tales and what not. A little odd, but nothing stood out as offensive, except there is a love triangle with a fighting gingerbread man and goat girl and the princess of sweets. I'm not making that shit up.

It was amazing. Couldn't actually watch it though, mostly listened to it because I'm a huuuuge pussy. That fucking Fox is the worst.

Edit: But now that I know when the jumpscares happen, I can actually watch it without being scared to death. Yes, this is how my life works.
I am too don't worry. The only reason I could watch it is because I've seen other people play it and I got used to it.
Shhhhhh! We can't let them know!
Go to sleep Aaron, also drink some water

Sure, but Tim Buckley is worse.

You mean Bum Tickley?

Lazerbot is the greatest though, even though I have no idea who the hell he is

Edit: Ya know what, I'm just gonna make this discussion go quicker and tell everyone to just go to the badwebcomicswiki, you'll learn some evil shit there.

BossRush

Guys I need your help.

Which should I buy first:

PS3 (for fighting games and old ps3 games I never played)

or WII-U (For smash bros bayo 2 and a lot of other games)

Village

Know what you mean. Apparently in the Powerpuff girls thing, Bubbles gets raped by Him or some shit. If you want to talk about being dark just for the sake of being dark, think about that shit. Don't actually read it though.

I don't think that happens, however the grim one is split into two parts. The 2nd part is the exact issue of being dark for the sake of dark .

And I like edgy shit but yeesh.

360pages

I will say Sugar Bits has a really interesting world and some cool moments, even if it's the first cool moment I've seen in it. Nothing seems too dark or harsh, and the art is nice and has a nice background to it as well.

Shackzam

If only he would ACTUALLY DO IT GODDAMNIT FUCK HIM KUMI HE'S NOT GONNA FUCK YOU SO YOU HAVE TO FUCK HIM
This is my favorite thing. Kimi is my top waifu and is always pure with ippo
Ippo will never fight Takamura, he's just gonna have that fight with Miyata that we all stopped caring about around episode 8
Oh no, another technical counter puncher with a handle on Ippo's style, I wonder if he'll punch them really hard in the face right before they win to turn it around, spoilers probably
Oh man, you should read the manga. That rivalry gets a lot more interesting.

360pages

Okay...just reached the first real action scene in Sugar Bits...and I actually admit that I'm enjoying it so far. It's actually really good, and despite the art being simple I think it does action really well.

I honestly think a lot of people here will like it, though it's berserk level with it's updates,

I also didn't feel any of 5edgy9me during it either. It's T, but I never felt it went too far

Actually I would recommend it, weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom