• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Okay...just reached the first real action scene in Sugar Bits...and I actually admit that I'm enjoying it so far. It's actually really good, and despite the art being simple I think it does action really well.

I honestly think a lot of people here will like it, though it's berserk level with it's updates,

I also didn't feel any of 5edgy9me during it either. It's T, but I never felt it went too far

Actually I would recommend it, weird.

Yeah his really edgy stuff is Grim part 2 which arguably shouldn't exist really and due to plot points and suggestions of alternate dimensions, inadvertently ruins sugar bits and the ppgDexter one.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Holy shit, its like gigantomakhia was made for Matt mcmuscles.
Pcvo7aX.jpg

A2Byurd.jpg

Sick hype wrestling moves with amazing art by the creator of berserk.

360pages

Honestly I wouldn't mind showing you guys a really neat moment in Sugar Bits. Though due to the webcomic nature of everything I don't want to be banned considering all the pages have advertising on the corner of them.

The most I can say is just read it yourself, even if it starts off really slow.

croten

Talking about web comics? I don't really read much but I like Critical Miss. Written By Grey Carter and art done by Cory Rydell. It can be a hit or miss (get it? Get it!? Oh, that was a bad joke.) at times.

Zenfalcia

Morning all, i passed out early yesterday and got all caught up now.

Well he was king of the shamecar before but that was a long time ago.
Edit: just checked the post count for this thread. Someone hand him his crown and cape back soon.

I didn't realize how much he's been posting.. damn.. at this rate he'll beat Mrgoodwil. He even got past me..
Probably wouldnt have if i didnt sleep properly for once.

What are your thoughts?

Alien:Isolation is one of the best Alien games I've ever seen. Played for a few hours last night until my first encounter and well... I was too scared to play past that.

I'm going back in to continue playing tonight! If you want the full experience, go lights off, phone on silent, no ambient noise, and lock the door. A headset is also very good since there's a ton of ambient noise effects and recorders that are required listening.

While I wanted more RE cross TLOU gameplay, I'm very happy I grabbed Alien first. I can wait after November to get TEW.

Zenfalcia

Alien:Isolation is one of the best Alien games I've ever seen. Played for a few hours last night until my first encounter and well... I was too scared to play past that.

I'm going back in to continue playing tonight! If you want the full experience, go lights off, phone on silent, no ambient noise, and lock the door. A headset is also very good since there's a ton of ambient noise effects and recorders that are required listening.

While I wanted more RE cross TLOU gameplay, I'm very happy I grabbed Alien first. I can wait after November to get TEW.

Well.. are there really any good alien games worth mentioning?
there aren't any really good ones.

Well.. are there really any good alien games worth mentioning?
there aren't any really good ones.

Alien? Not a one I can think of.

Aliens? There's too many vidya games based on that movie. I want survival horror, not scifi action.

I say one of the best because Sega can always contract another team to outdo this game.

Zenfalcia

Aliens? There's too many vidya games based on that movie. I want survival horror, not scifi action.

I say one of the best because Sega can always contract another team to outdo this game.

Everyone loves shooting xenomorphs in the most generic sci-fi shooter ever.

It does break the mold of the others by fpcussing more on the atmosphere which is nice. Can't say much about other alien(s) games since i dont know many.

Isn't the 1999 Aliens vs Predator Colonial Marines campaign considered to be one of the best horror experiences in gaming? You should probably check it out and iirc there is also someone remaking it in CryEngine 3, so you could wait on that.

Zenfalcia

Isn't the 1999 Aliens vs Predator Colonial Marines campaign considered to be one of the best horror experiences in gaming? You should probably check it out and iirc there is also someone remaking it in CryEngine 3, so you could wait on that.

Really? I've never really heard of it. Then again i'm not a huge alien(s) fan. I'll probably check it out.

croten

Isn't that the one that GOG was giving away for free?

Really? I've never really heard of it. Then again i'm not a huge alien(s) fan. I'll probably check it out.
Good! The Marines campaign is the best part of the last good Alien game before Alien: Isolation was released.
Isn't that the one that GOG was giving away for free?
Yep.
I have no idea. Maybe? Someone here probably knows.

Edit: is this the right game?http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_(1999_video_game)
Yep.
If it's available for console, I'll dig in.
Nope.

Wait how are people getting their Bayo fix right now?

I feel like a drug junkie, rocking back and forth saying, "One more day, one more day, I gotta make it one more day."

Zenfalcia

Wait how are people getting their Bayo fix right now?

I feel like a drug junkie, rocking back and forth saying, "One more day, one more day, I gotta make it one more day."

It's ok. You'll get your fix eventually. Play some other character action games.

I dont have a need for bayo. I havent even played the first game

Are you getting bayo at a game store or are you getting it delivered?

Store. The way things work where I live is that the store is right near where I work, so I'll be picking it up after work.

Edit: Looked at the front page for Gaming, is this weird Nintendo love/hate thread thing a trend for Neogaf? I feel like the only discussion that happens in half of these threads boils down to "Nintendo is shit" vs "Nintendo is the greatest" with no middle ground or any kind of discussion.

Looked at the front page for Gaming, is this weird Nintendo love/hate thread thing a trend for Neogaf? I feel like the only discussion that happens in half of these threads boils down to "Nintendo is shit" vs "Nintendo is the greatest" with no middle ground or any kind of discussion.

Hyperbole, mostly.

What I've found that dictates most of those argument however: Nintendo is for babies/children/casual gamers. By then, I've checked out of the conversation.

Nintendo has done some very bad things for the industry at large. No one wants Nintendo to go back to the days of 90% market share in the US. Those were terrible days for developers and third party publishers. However, they kept gaming relevant and alive after the crash of '83, so I hold a very special place for Nintendo keeping gaming relevant. Sega tried, Atari tried, Tiger tried, but only Nintendo has the deals and distribution in place to make it work.

A lot of it is also fanboy wars and equally juvenile shit.

Zenfalcia

Luck that my relief gets out here, and that changeover gets me back home, before the delivery comes. If I miss my delivery, I'm a little screwed.

Ah. Seems like it'll be tough for all that to go right.
Then play it, it's one of the best games of all time
I have so many games already.. i havent even finished a quarter of them. I think i'm 3/4th through vanquished.. havent played that in ages.

A lot of Nintendo fanboys completely forget how little Nintendo cared about third parties in the nineties. The mass exodus of third parties is not a recent thing. Nintendo has been scaring them off since the reveal of the N64.

In the "What if the N64 was disk based?" Thread, people were claiming that it would have been a easy victory for them, not realizing that Sony was bending over backward for third parties, something Nintendo would never think of.

A lot of Nintendo fanboys completely forget how little Nintendo cared about third parties in the nineties. The mass exodus of third parties is not a recent thing. Nintendo has been scaring them off since the reveal of the N64.

In the "What if the N64 was disk based?" Thread, people were claiming that it would have been a easy victory for them, not realizing that Sony was bending over backward for third parties, something Nintendo would never think of.

That's what makes studios like Rare or Retro Studios so damn special.
Every single one of their games were of a certain quality and were fun and replayable. They held up well considering the state of third party on Nintendo platforms.

Sony bending over backwards extended the pie of gaming and stole that market share away. It's good for us, the consumer. I'm really glad Sony went out on their own and created a console. Nintendo x Phillips was a terrible deal and it spawned some shitty games as well.

demidar

Hyperbole, mostly.

What I've found that dictates most of those argument however: Nintendo is for babies/children/casual gamers. By then, I've checked out of the conversation.

Nintendo has done some very bad things for the industry at large. No one wants Nintendo to go back to the days of 90% market share in the US. Those were terrible days for developers and third party publishers. However, they kept gaming relevant and alive after the crash of '83, so I hold a very special place for Nintendo keeping gaming relevant. Sega tried, Atari tried, Tiger tried, but only Nintendo has the deals and distribution in place to make it work.

A lot of it is also fanboy wars and equally juvenile shit.

I hold a similar viewpoint. I am deeply appreciative of Nintendo's effect and place in the industry, both back in the 80s/90s and now. They are doing things that the other two aren't; they are weird but they deliver the goods. It's a shame that they haven't tried harder to bring the third parties on board, but they are carving their own way by doing those partnerships (Namco working on Smash, giving Zelda to Koei, resurrecting Bayo and Fatal Frame), just like they do with everything else. They're also the one of the biggest game companies that don't rely overly on explicit violence or sexual appeal to sell games, and they make strong attempts to draw in a female audience as well.

The day Nintendo leaves gaming is the day gaming gets a whole lot more boring, regardless on one's thoughts on the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom