• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaJG

I finish watching Rule of Rose since Evil Matt and Devil Pat decided to leave on a cliffhanger. Once you put the story together and understand the symbolism, the game is deep. Rule of Rose is the the definition of a hidden gem.

360pages

Bug Island and Deadly premonition exist in a bizarre place. They, by all accounts bad games. But they are so strange that they kind of twist and turn into one another and we get something one of a kind.

Bug Island and Deadly premonition exist in a bizarre place. They, by all accounts bad games. But they are so strange that they kind of twist and turn into one another and we get something one of a kind.
I actually give DP a lot more credit than Bug Island, but I get what you mean.

croten

THAT FINAL BOSS IN KORRA

1049.gif

Finally beaten the game. I think this game is just for fans for Korra like me. I enjoyed it.

Wasn't that just a street fighter character?

DP knows exactly what it is, even if Swery won't own up to it, but I'm glad to have played it.

Bug Island could be very, very good with a little bit more polish. It has the survival horror part down well, the campy B-movie stuff well, but the waggling and controls are probably bad plus the whole "time travel to do similar things done before" just puts the game off a must have list.

Zenfalcia

DP knows exactly what it is, even if Swery won't own up to it, but I'm glad to have played it.

Bug Island could be very, very good with a little bit more polish. It has the survival horror part down well, the campy B-movie stuff well, but the waggling and controls are probably bad plus the whole "time travel to do similar things done before" just puts the game off a must have list.

Imagine a DP sequel to correspond with twin peaks' new season.

Was the time travel stuff too much? It felt like Bug Island was just getting it weirder and weirder.. I wouldn't be surprised if there were aliens by the end of it.

Was the time travel stuff too much? It felt like Bug Island was just getting it weirder and weirder.. I wouldn't be surprised if there were aliens by the end of it.

It's not the time travel part that bothers me more than the "let's reuse the same maps and enemies and elongate the game arbitrarily".

Man, that would be some good money to be made if Lynch did that with Swery and ended up doing both, selling it together as a pack.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Man, that would be some good money to be made if Lynch did that with Swery and ended up doing both, selling it together as a pack.

Oooh I can't wait. If this became a thing I would just be content.

Zenfalcia

It's not the time travel part that bothers me more than the "let's reuse the same maps and enemies and elongate the game arbitrarily".

On one hand it's a bad way to extend a game. At the same time it's a smart use of assets. I was a little bummed Pat and Matt didn't figure out the purple shards could be used to get new items..

What if there was a licensed Twin Peaks game. Imagine a DP with less jank.. I feel like the jank made it that much better Imo.

No but guys, Swery totally never saw TP and doesn't know there's a new season coming.

360pages

This week for sure I'm going to be picked. I also trying to cut down on the amount of pointless detail/ dialog tags as a whole in my writing...even though I really like details...

Mathaou

legacy of cane
On one hand it's a bad way to extend a game. At the same time it's a smart use of assets. I was a little bummed Pat and Matt didn't figure out the purple shards could be used to get new items..

What if there was a licensed Twin Peaks game. Imagine a DP with less jank.. I feel like the jank made it that much better Imo.

Season 2 is almost all jank. I wish that jank had a little less jank.

We're slowly reaching the end of Thread 5. We should start thinking of new thread names.

Thread 6: If we go down, we're taking GiantBomb with us.
Don't actually use this.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
We're slowly reaching the end of Thread 5. We should start thinking of new thread names.

Thread 6: If we go down, we're taking GiantBomb with us.
Don't actually use this.

There hasn't been an event on the scale of skeletons as of yet. But if we had to we could say OT6: Team Shameless Bed n' Breakfast.
Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom