• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

To be fair all his stuff is very similar, just SP is just way more OTT, I also never understood the Cera hype, he was almost too awkward which brought the whole mood down, and in the funny scenes it felt like he was trying to hard

Also still mad the Honest Ed's scene from volume 3 didn't make the movie because that was great

Cera had hype? I thought they just kept trying to put him in movies and the only who got anytihng after superbad was hill

I'd say this is surprising, but the GCN had 4 less buttons on it's controller versus the Pro or Classic, and Ninty wants to sell their new controllers.

Watch they make and edited GCN controller with four( five ) shoulder buttons.

Emouse

Cera had hype? I thought they just kept trying to put him in movies and the only who got anytihng after superbad was hill

Maybe that was just my imagination, never saw most of the movies he was in but people never seemed to shut up about how great he was

ultimax

Was really hoping nintendo would put gamecube classics on the virtual console,and then be able to play them with the smash controller lol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There's something missing....
I'll taken care of when I am back home.
Did you know that berserk invented the wheelskeleton?
And Skullknight is biggest badass!
What a hero! He wears his skeleton on the outside, instead of hiding it like us cowards!
What a real american hero.

Duplolas

Banned
Oh man, what if they fixed the fucking shoulder buttons and dpad too. I'd be hype.

eb03_avenger_controller.jpg

I knew someone who had one. It is for people who are handicapped. But he wasn't. The reason why he bought it was because it allows a faster "trigger finger" for his Cock of Duty.

I honestly made fun of him all the time because he deserves it. Its like parking in a handicapped parking spot at Walmart because you want to walk 15 seconds less.

Maybe that was just my imagination, never saw most of the movies he was in but people never seemed to shut up about how great he was

Michael Cera is an American Hero and a model for all socially awkward kids in the world. I would pay $1000 just to hug him because I know he would make an awkward "Ehh" noise and it would great.

Village

I think that was a sarcastic reaction to micheal cera in movies rather than being hype micheal cera was in movies. Hill was the only one out of the 3 I remember people positively reacting too and the 3rd from super bad while I like him is like the Michelle of their proverbial destiniy's child.

I knew someone who had one. It is for people who are handicapped. But he wasn't. The reason why he bought it was because it allows a faster "trigger finger" for his Cock of Duty.

I honestly made fun of him all the time because he deserves it. Its like parking in a handicapped parking spot at Walmart because you want to walk 15 seconds less.

*Looks at mouse*

*Chuckles heartily*

AggroWill

Neo Member
The podcast has given birth to the greatest new piece of Japanese folklore yet. A Santa Claus for modern Osaka.

I speak of the Woolie no Gouki.

Every autumn, as the air becomes cold, a hulking beast walks through the streets and forests of Osaka. He visits every small town, every shrine, every hot spring, terrifying adults as he passes with his mysterious dark skin and long, strange hair. But there is nothing to fear from the Woolie no Gouki.

Woolie no Gouki is friend to all children, and all who give him welcome. He is a man-beast clad in green, bearing a strange geometric shape on his head, above his unusual and twisted hair of many colors. He has metal through his nose, and towers over all the men of Osaka. But he does not come to frighten. He comes to give gifts.

If you come upon the Woolie no Gouki in the forest, or in the streets, and if he seeks meat, do not worry. He does not seek your meat. He seeks beef, to share in the delicacies of your town, and if you aid him he will pay you with a rare, precious elixir made of sap from trees across the ocean, from where he comes. Value this gift, and taste the staple food of his people.

Also, don't worry. He's way too chicken to go to the suicide forest, because that place is fucking creepy.

Xiraiya

I'm not sure which part of that is worse, the fact he bought a handicap controller for better gameplay, or the fact he bought it specifically for Call of Duty of all things.

Emouse

I think that was a sarcastic reaction to micheal cera in movies rather than being hype micheal cera was in movies. Hill was the only one out of the 3 I remember people positively reacting too and the 3rd from super bad while I like him is like the Michelle of their proverbial destiniy's child.

I get what you're saying, I think it's because everyone I knew never shut the fuck up about Superbad and Juno, which to this day I have still not seen either, I dunno man I just don't like that awkward teenager stuff and Cera is the embodiment of that to me

Duplolas

Banned
I get what you're saying, I think it's because everyone I knew never shut the fuck up about Superbad and Juno, which to this day I have still not seen either, I dunno man I just don't like that awkward teenager stuff and Cera is the embodiment of that to me

After this post I will probably stop posting about how much I like Michael Cera.
Maybe

For Scott Pilgrim and Nick and Norah's, I really liked him because he was just that awkward kid who got the girl who was smart, cute, and creative. Thats what I want in life.

Nick and Norah especially because I am the type of guy who spends roughly 2 hours a day just laying in bed listening to music and nothing else besides that. I would love to find someone who would be able to just lay beside me and do that with me.

Honestly, I know I don't have as much video game knowledge as most of you guys. But movies, music, and tv (not anime that much), is where I live.

We are a diverse and multifaceted community. I don't follow anime anymore, and I know next to shit about Persona, some of the other RPGs mentioned, but you'll find your niche.

eb03_avenger_controller.jpg

Michael Cera is an American Hero and a model for all socially awkward kids in the world. I would pay $1000 just to hug him because I know he would make an awkward "Ehh" noise and it would great.

Memories of Gabe of Penny Arcade feuding with that Ocean Marketting guy just started rushing in to my consciousness when I saw that controller.

A lot of fiction is wish fufillment, breh. Nothing wrong with it.

Xiraiya

I always thought anything with Cera was doomed to reek of hipster'ism, while true most of the time, Juno was still an interesting movie despite that. Superbad was basically along the lines of the same kind of ridiculousness as 21 Jump Street, which is great.

Scott Pilgrim was stupid, but I didn't hate it, so there's that.

Basically you want to watch Superbad and ignore every other movie he ever did except for the end of the world one.

Duplolas

Banned
We are a diverse and multifaceted community. I don't follow anime anymore, and I know next to shit about Persona, some of the other RPGs mentioned, but you'll find your niche.

I just wish I wasn't so poor and had enough money to buy most of the games you talk about. I grew up as a nintendo exclusive kid. I got a PS2 when I was about 14 and that was just for Jax and Dexter and Star Wars Battlefront.

My first game I ever got was Pokemon Yellow. I found it in a sandbox when I was like 6 and didn't even have a gameboy to play it on.

Emouse

After this post I will probably stop posting about how much I like Michael Cera.
Maybe

For Scott Pilgrim and Nick and Norah's, I really liked him because he was just that awkward kid who got the girl who was smart, cute, and creative. Thats what I want in life.

In Nick and Norah's he was great, but for the character of Scott Pilgrim he wasn't what I wanted, but he still fit the part fine

I'm not sick of him or anything of the sort, I'm just not a huge fan of actors who end up playing the sameish character in every movie, but that's what they do so I'll deal

My dislike of certain movies/media comes from people ramming it in my face instead of making legitimate recommendations
shrug

A lot of fiction is wish fufillment, breh. Nothing wrong with it.

'Course. It's just not terribly convincing for an argument.
I just wish I wasn't so poor and had enough money to buy most of the games you talk about. I grew up as a nintendo exclusive kid. I got a PS2 when I was about 14 and that was just for Jax and Dexter and Star Wars Battlefront.

My first game I ever got was Pokemon Yellow. I found it in a sandbox when I was like 6 and didn't even have a gameboy to play it on.

If you still have a PS2 most of the games we freak out about are from that system, for like $20.

Duplolas

Banned
Hell yeah Mario DDR pad. The hardest Bowser boss fight ever is in that game :p

I legitimately would play Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix on the hardest setting every other day when I was younger to get a work out.

Its like Zumba essentially. You work up a sweat pretty fast.

Maybe

Nick and Norah especially because I am the type of guy who spends roughly 2 hours a day just laying in bed listening to music and nothing else besides that. I would love to find someone who would be able to just lay beside me and do that with me.
Personally I have no problems with Michael Cera at all, it doesnt matter who they got to play Scott I would have have hated him no matter what.

Do I see Coliseum and Gale of Darkness in there?
Every time Liam brigs up Colosseum I get super happy for no reason. I fucking love that game. Best starter Pokemon ever, freaking level 20 Umbreon and Espeon.
I need to get a PC compatible DDR pad, so I can work myself back into the habit.

DDR is the best fun you can have at an arcade.
The arcades around here's DDRs are wrecked. I'm shit at it, but I loved playing all the home console DDRs.

That's not Time Crisis...
I was going to send one in for the Mailbag right before it had to be stopped. That game and its pad were the last game i ever bought for my gamecube and, aside from the twelve hours me and my friends spent with it the first day i had it, it has seen almost no use. Figured if nothin else Woolie myight be able to find someone who could turn the pad into some kind of horribly sadistic smash controller...
I tried to do just that with mine, sadly the pad directions are dpad by default. Someone on here mentioned if I get a usb Adapter I can totally use it for Project M/Dolphin Melee

Hell yeah Mario DDR pad. The hardest Bowser boss fight ever is in that game :p

I was going to send one in for the Mailbag right before it had to be stopped. That game and its pad were the last game i ever bought for my gamecube and, aside from the twelve hours me and my friends spent with it the first day i had it, it has seen almost no use. Figured if nothin else Woolie myight be able to find someone who could turn the pad into some kind of horribly sadistic smash controller...

Duplolas

Banned
Btw. Sad story.

Someone came into my house one day and stole a lot of my favorite games when I was a kid.

They took SSB, Sunshine, Luigi's Haunted Mansion, Two Legend of Zelda Games, and Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Old Door.

However, before I went off to college, I got back most of them by doing shady craiglist deals with people selling them for drug money. One day I opened up a case after buying it and got a contact high from it. Im pretty sure he stored his weed in it.

329815_347514735334678_496673632_o.jpg

That was my collection after it got stolen. I dont know if that is all of them in the picture though.

Btw. Sad story.

Someone came into my house one day and stole a lot of my favorite games when I was a kid.

They took SSB, Sunshine, Luigi's Haunted Mansion, Two Legend of Zelda Games, and Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Old Door.

However, before I went off to college, I got back most of them by doing shady craiglist deals with people selling them for drug money. One day I opened up a case after buying it and got a contact high from it. Im pretty sure he stored his weed in it.

329815_347514735334678_496673632_o.jpg

That was my collection after it got stolen. I dont know if that is all of them in the picture though.
I have a feeling they put it in Shrek 2

Xiraiya

I have an irrational hatred for Time Crisis.

Way back when I was given a PSX and a bunch of games, I was given a Time Crisis game, and I was really in the mood to play a cool shooter, basically I wanted to play Goldeneye, So I load up TC and I start to play, and then I realize you're on a strict time limit, you can't move whenever you want, and the whole game is jumping from shootout to shootout without ever stopping.

I was extremely disheartened by it's arcade nature, I never forgave it for being an arcade game.

I tried to do just that with mine, sadly the pad directions are dpad by default. Someone on here mentioned if I get a usb Adapter I can totally use it for Project M/Dolphin Melee

Beautiful. Maybe there is still hope for this plan. Just need a guitar controller for the opponent now.

Duplolas

Banned
I have a feeling they put it in Shrek 2

Nah. Luigi's Haunted Mansion. There were legitimate flakes of weed in the case.
Which I may or may not have scrounged and used.

Also, the asshole who stole my games decided to leave only the manual for Super Smash Bros. That pissed me off so fucking much you have no idea.

Xiraiya

Nah. Luigi's Haunted Mansion. There were legitimate flakes of weed in the case.
Also, the asshole who stole my games decided to leave only the manual for Super Smash Bros. That pissed me off so fucking much you have no idea.

How did someone come in and steal your games? Was your house robbed or was it a shitty friend or someone who was let in and took your stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom