• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

I get what you're saying, I think it's because everyone I knew never shut the fuck up about Superbad and Juno, which to this day I have still not seen either, I dunno man I just don't like that awkward teenager stuff and Cera is the embodiment of that to me

Superbad is worth seeing, to me anyway and in that movie you can obviously see why hill shot out out of the three, him and the 3rd who's name I keep forgetting , steal the show and cera does his awkward teen thing. I myself don't really have experience with the awkward teen thing, what micheal cera embodies is no where near my highschool experience so I can't see him being pushed as me.

Kj4iOZ4.jpg

I 100%ed both of these games as a kid.
I'm ashamed to same the same thing
I also 100% shadow the hedgehog

Duplolas

Banned
How did someone come in and steal your games? Was your house robbed or was it a shitty friend or someone who was let in and took your stuff?

There was a local game night. It was something like $5 to get in and all the proceeds went to Breast Cancer I think.

After I finished packing up, I left my stuff out and went to the bathroom. Someone swiped it and left the Super Smash Bros manual and took everything else.

They also took two controllers and my only two memory cards.

I'm ashamed to same the same thing
I also 100% shadow the hedgehog

I 100%'d every single one of the games you see there. No shame.

Even Donkey Konga where on the hardest difficultly you didn't even see the notes you were suppose to play. It was essentially Dark Souls.

Xiraiya

I got a GCN on release day, but smash was delayed so I ended up getting Rogue Squadron, which looked great but was boring.

Ultimately, Smash, MGS: Twin Snakes, Bloody Roar and Eternal Darkness were the only games I ever really played right through, OH I did have animal crossing.

There was a local game night. It was something like $5 to get in and all the proceeds went to Breast Cancer I think.

After I finished packing up, I left my stuff out and went to the bathroom. Someone swiped it and left the Super Smash Bros manual and took everything else.

They also took two controllers and my only two memory cards.

Shameful.

That's why I don't trust people with my stuff. When I leave the room, everything goes with me.

I got a GCN on release day, but smash was delayed so I ended up getting Rogue Squadron, which looked great but was boring.

Ultimately, Smash, MGS: Twin Snakes, Bloody Roar and Eternal Darkness were the only games I ever really played right through, OH I did have animal crossing.

Rogue Squadron was the first game i ever got for the GC. My parents had gotten me and my little brother the consol and a connector so we coukd play gameboy advanced games, but no games fir the system itself for Christmas one year. Then they said we could work together to pick out one game to get. My brother thinks Metal Gear is dumb, otherwise id have been playing Twin Snakes for that entire year. Instead we got one of my now-all-time favorite Star Wars games, so i guess it all worked out.

Definately understand the boring aspect, but with the multiplayer portions and the cheat codes in, it became stupidly fun. You havent lived until youve had a dogfight ina buick...

My Gamecube was my main console for years, which mainly made it a smash box. That was enough for me actually though.
I thought Virtua Cop was the Light Gun shooter with the motion tracking device, Police 911.

I take back my thumbs up.
I DIDNT WANT IT ANYWAY stupididiotjerkihateyou
jk, Virtua Cop da bess tho

Xiraiya

Rogue Squadron was the first game i ever got for the GC. My parents had gotten me and my little brother the consol and a connector so we coukd play gameboy advanced games, but no games fir the system itself for Christmas one year. Then they said we could work together to pick out one game to get. My brother thinks Metal Gear is dumb, otherwise id have been playing Twin Snakes for that entire year. Instead we got one of my now-all-time favorite Star Wars games, so i guess it all worked out.

Eternal Darkness is still the best game I played on GC, Twin Snakes was a close second, people bitch about it a lot but as a remake I thought it was completely fine, it was way more action movie than the original MGS, but all the MGS games in that PS2/GC Engine were like that, so it fit better with MGS2 and 3 than the original MGS did as far as I'm concerned.

Duplolas

Banned
Btw. Just finished a speech in my SRA class I didn't even prepare for.

The topic was Pros and Cons of the Real Life Applications of Virtual Reality.

For Pros I just talked about Heavy Rain.

For Cons I talked about Sword Art Online.

I got a 98%

I didn't literally talk about them, but they were my source of ideas for winging it.

Okingjrr

I got a 98%

I didn't literally talk about them, but they were my source of ideas for winging it.

Good job! Those things do have applications for things other than hating on them.

joe2187

Banned

I got a 98%

Did you do it while wearing this shirt?

You would have gotten an instant 100% if you did.

10209081.jpg

Emouse

Superbad is worth seeing, to me anyway and in that movie you can obviously see why hill shot out out of the three, him and the 3rd who's name I keep forgetting , steal the show and cera does his awkward teen thing. I myself don't really have experience with the awkward teen thing, what micheal cera embodies is no where near my highschool experience so I can't see him being pushed as me.

You know what actually I've only ever seen Jonah Hill in the Wolf of Wall Street and he was great so I wouldn't mind watching it at some point if I ever get round to it

Oh and he was in the lego movie but that doesn't really count because no major part
still love that movie tho

I got a 98%

Why is Heavy Rain a pro???

Duplolas

Banned
Did you do it while wearing this shirt?

You would have gotten an instant 100% if you did.

10209081.jpg

I almost wore a polo today that has the phrase "Kawaii on the Streets - Senpai under the Sheet"

Penn State Harrisburg is essentially 25% Asian students. I can't decide if I should wear it or not to try to be funny next time I strike up a conversation with one of the girls.

Just trying to FULFILL MY WISHES.

You know who you are

Norman's future glasses helped solved the case.

edit:I'm not quite sure how SAO being trapped in a virtual reality is believable tho.

Correct.

I brought up how people can access something like Google Glass while you are wearing it and black out the entire screen if they wanted to. Imagine if someone did that to another while driving? Or if someone was wearing a specialized hud for flying a plane and did that?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I almost wore a polo today that has the phrase "Kawaii on the Streets - Senpai under the Sheet"

Penn State Harrisburg is essentially 25% Asian students. I can't decide if I should wear it or not to try to be funny next time I strike up a conversation with one of the girls.

You know who you are
Be shameless with a friend while wearing it and you'll be fine.

You know who you are
Embrace your inner Liam. Wear it all the time.

croten

PleFr20.jpg

Can you guess which of the two versions of me was the most popular and which was the least?

And yes, that is a deadpool poster in my dorm room. You have no idea how nerdy my fucking dorm room is.

Well it depends. Do you attend star fleet academy?

Given how amazingly illegal marijuana is in Japan, I doubt it. :lol

(Seriously, look up the punishment for having weed in Japan. Makes the US laws look tame by comparison.)
Don't they immediately lock up any foreigners who are caught as well?

Don't do drugs kids, but especially not in the Japan.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Don't they immediately lock up any foreigners who are caught as well?

Don't do drugs kids, but especially not in the Japan.

Yep. Doesn't even matter if you're famous. Paul McCartney got locked up for 10 days for being caught with it while he was on tour with Wings over there. Pretty sure the only reason he got out of it was because he's Paul fucking McCartney.

Duplolas

Banned
Given how amazingly illegal marijuana is in Japan, I doubt it. :lol

(Seriously, look up the punishment for having weed in Japan. Makes the US laws look tame by comparison.)

Interesting story.

The US Government (NSA, FBI, CIA, I think), actually stopped doing drug tests for people in Cyber Security in those agencies. Why? Because all of the good "Hackers" had smoked weed at some point in their life and were being turned down jobs there because of it.

What the good "Hackers" would do is go to another Country and work for them instead where they wouldn't be drug tested (or would be promised to be excluded). So the US stopped drug testing them so that they would actually be able to compete against other country's "Hackers".

Guess who is getting a SRA (Cyber Security) Major?
Me ;)

Yep. Doesn't even matter if you're famous. Paul McCartney got locked up for 10 days for being caught with it while he was on tour with Wings over there. Pretty sure the only reason he got out of it was because he's Paul fucking McCartney.

You won't get jailed per se, but you'll probably be detained and then deported if you're a foreigner.

Unit24

Welp. I was talking shit about Jojo ASB just a few weeks ago, yet here I am, having just bought it along with all of the DLC characters. The game is actually pretty fun once you get used to it. Though I suppose it also may have something to do with me being almost caught up with the manga.

Now I want a sequel with better mechanics, a higher framerate, and a bigger roster. I need playable Stroheim ASAP.

360pages

The pro controller is good enough for other games. With that said I don't that well, and I'm actually not in the mood for a pineapple pizza.

Welp. I was talking shit about Jojo ASB just a few weeks ago, yet here I am, having just bought it along with all of the DLC characters. The game is actually pretty fun once you get used to it. Though I suppose it also may have something to do with me being almost caught up with the manga.

Now I want a sequel with better mechanics, a higher framerate, and a bigger roster. I need playable Stroheim ASAP.

If they could make a sequel that's not garbage then I'm all for it. Of course they also need to add Diego and Hot Pants.

Emouse

Yoooo Amazon UK have Kill La Kill collectors edish Blu Rays listed, looks pretty cool?
that price tag tho fuck

The pro controller is fine for almoat everything else, but this seems like quite an expensive peripheral for just one game.
I was hoping Ninty would let us purchase GC games off the eshop one day, but since they haven't even put up N64 games on there, the chances of it are incredibly slim.

Nintendo is gonna either force Wii U owners to buy GC games that are remade like WW or put it on the store and force Wii U owners to buy the pro/classic controllers.

Considering the sudden price drop on the console, I'd say they're trying to make up for lost console sales and sell first party accessories.

Nintendo is gonna either force Wii U owners to buy GC games that are remade like WW or put it on the store and force Wii U owners to buy the pro/classic controllers.

Considering the sudden price drop on the console, I'd say they're trying to make up for lost console sales and sell first party accessories.
They're using games for making up for lost sales, peripheral sales are the same as they've always been with ninty. CPP being a good example. A peripheral that's for a few games. They totally want people to buy 4 new controllers instead of using the 4 they own though.

I'm still buying that Amazon adapter bundle.

They're using games for making up for lost sales, peripheral sales are the same as they've always been with ninty. CPP being a good example. A peripheral that's for a few games. They totally want people to buy 4 new controllers instead of using the 4 they own though.

I'm still buying that Amazon adapter bundle.

If they were using games, they'd do more HD releases of GC classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom