• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Thanks I've been searching where all that started.

I hope Nintendo does more advertising to the adult demographic for stuff like Bayo and Senran Kagura in a mature way with other companies.

I somewhat understand Hakan being an octopus, but why isn't Ryu dressed up in a dragon?
You should watch that full conference dude and just see how many good stuff was coming out that year and the years after, that ontop of monster huntertri, tatsunoku vs capcom, and no more heroes 2 coming out that year.

You should watch that full conference dude and just see how many good stuff was coming out that year and the years after, that ontop of monster huntertri, tatsunoku vs capcom, and no more heroes 2 coming out that year.

I shamelessly looked up the video before looking at this post so could see the women chained to the 3ds

I will look at the full video tomarrow.

Tatsunoko need a sequel for wii u
tatsunoko>marvel 3

Is it possible for it not to be a nintendo console exclusive? Tatsunoko isn't owned by Nintendo right?

Squishy3

Tatsunoko need a sequel for wii u
tatsunoko>marvel 3
Tatsunoko needs some work if they were to make a sequel, baroque system is kind of laughably broken and iirc the opponent was able to combo you again after mega crash so you just used 2 bars for no reason

proper burst system and removal or change baroque so it acts like a rapid cancel and not a rapid cancel + damage increase based on how much red health you had, meaning you can use it more than once a round to secure huge damage combos, unlike xfactor

BazzBro

I'm very excited for the salt in the coming days

mfrM1.gif

my kind of post

I admit that alucard looks cool but if a character is just too op that nothing can beat him I feel like everything loses tension when the protagonist is around. I dunno I just dont like it >_< like the final brawl in gurren had a shit load of tension like woah. I dunno plus I dont really like the art style or vampires.

Alright, so, how far in are you? Because most of the really hype shit happens in the last couple episodes. Also, Alucard being OP annoys a lot of people at first, but then you realize two things, 1. He's fucking Dracula being as powerful as Dracula would be, and 2. how fucking fun it is with him being OP, because Alucard does not give a single remote fuck about any event in that entire series. His entire character, fights and stories are entirely centered around the concept of "I'm so much stronger than you that I don't have to care at all." All until the final few episodes where Alucard is forced to fight all out and you see just how fucking OP he really is.

I heartily recommend you finish it, because even if you don't end up enjoying it, there's still a lot of awesome visuals and the manner in which Dracula is portrayed will give you a deeper disdain for every other Vampire.

Alright, so, how far in are you? Because most of the really hype shit happens in the last couple episodes. Also, Alucard being OP annoys a lot of people at first, but then you realize two things, 1. He's fucking Dracula being as powerful as Dracula would be, and 2. how fucking fun it is with him being OP, because Alucard does not give a single remote fuck about any event in that entire series. His entire character, fights and stories are entirely centered around the concept of "I'm so much stronger than you that I don't have to care at all." All until the final few episodes where Alucard is forced to fight all out and you see just how fucking OP he really is.

I heartily recommend you finish it, because even if you don't end up enjoying it, there's still a lot of awesome visuals and the manner in which Dracula is portrayed will give you a deeper disdain for every other Vampire.

Please listen to this man, Hellsing Ultimate only gets better until it ends and then it is one of the greatest anime OVA ever created.

Watched Phobia video. I'm sufficiently freaked the fuck out by it.

The game did a lot of things right, the concept of monotony and building tension is a fantastic horror trope hardly used in games. Tension building is used super wrong in games, too, as where this did it well. Apparently the nurse is lame? But that shit ain't matter, that guy did a lot of shit well.

Zenfalcia

All these selfies are ruining the images i had for all of you! Now i cant just imagine you as your avatar!

Other note, time to pass out. Night all.

Archgan

Watched Phobia video. I'm sufficiently freaked the fuck out by it.

The game did a lot of things right, the concept of monotony and building tension is a fantastic horror trope hardly used in games. Tension building is used super wrong in games, too, as where this did it well. Apparently the nurse is lame? But that shit ain't matter, that guy did a lot of shit well.

I watched someone else's LP of it to see what happens.
After the door breaks down, you wake in the bed, thinking it was a dream. You go back down to the basement, see that the door is still busted, realize it wasn't a dream, and find a picture of a hatch. You have to go get a ladder and then go into the attic where you learn there is a secret lab behind the keypad. A stupid looking monster shows up, chases you for a second, and you fall into one of the rooms you couldn't get into before.

From this point on, the monster will chase you if he sees you. You find a note that tells you the keypad code is behind the self-portrait. When you get there, you need to get a knife and need to go downstairs. After you come back with the knife, you get all but the last number of the code. I actually really like the next part because you have run down to the basement and type on your numpad quickly while trying to figure out the last digit. It really makes it more frantic.

Once in the lab, you find fuel have moving through a maze of vents. Right after that, the monster is shot by something (I think it was the labs security system) and a bomb is primed. You have to navigate the vents and get out if the lab. Once you do, the house starts falling apart and you have to take the long way around the house, climb up in the rafters, and make your way to the exit. Just before you reach it, the monster appears and you have to run for the exit and the game ends with you safe in the car.

Man, fuck me. I've got Bayo 2, but Warframe and Titanfall both had big content updates. I don't have time for this videogames!

Front page is looking extremely salty today too. That "I don't want DLC Characters in Smash" thread is great.

IronLich

Currently getting through Kill la Kill at a leisurely pace.

Just got to Episode 11.

Holy fuck I
can't handle this much Liambait.

Does anyone remember the podcast episode with the Kill La Kill spoilercast? I'm going on a trip Next Saturday, so I wanna take that with me, since I've obviously been holding off on listening to it until I finished KLK.

Archgan

Now the real question. Dub or Sub?

LTTP but I think that difference between the sub narrator's description of Planet Trendy,
"There, couples can find all kinds of fancy places suitable for dates. Going on trendy dates on this planet is a sign of status for chic couples."
and the dub's,
"This is Plant Trendy, a popping joint where you will find the hippest couples in the universe dropping it like it's hot. If you want to show your bae that you da man, then you best turn up here. Er'body in the place be swaggin'. Don't matter whether shortie like hangin' outdoors or getting crunk in da club. If you got the scrilla, Planet Trendy got yo back."
makes the dub the better choice.

It really makes me wonder what this thread would be if Pat got banned and Matt didn't.

Matt really advertised Neogaf rather than themselves back in the day.

If Matt and Pat were both active in their own threads, they'd be going NUTSS!

I'm really happy they both noticed my Kung pow thread.

When are we going to get Woolie and Liam on GAF?

Archgan

Question for the people with Beyond Earth. Is it worth getting now or should I wait for some of the (probable) expansions to come out?

Oberon

Banned
I remember someone bringing up the Podcast and the complains about smash 3ds.
I have to add somthing to that. Liam said that charackter changes from Melee -> Brawl are bigger than Brawl -> smash 3ds.
That's not true at all, as far as I remember, the changes from Melee to brawl where,

Marths B, Falco ( less clonely), Ganondorf speed, Kirby's dash A, and Mario's down B.
And most changes where for the worst, and that's not counting all the nerfs!
Introduse crawling and footstooling

From Brawl to smash 3ds

Yoshi up smash and dash A, Fox/Falco can up B after side B, DK down B in the air, Zelda down B, Shiek down and side B, Links dash attack, ZSS has more kick based attacks and up B, DDD neutral B and down tilt, Charizard new side B, Pit new side and down B.
And almost everyone got buffed!

So where's the problem Liam?

Guys I need advice. I wanna finish VLR but I stopped about 80% through like a year and a half ago and I find myself intimidated by going back in because I forget a lot of the plot intricacies. What do? Just replay the beginning and look up and faq if I get stuck on the end qualifiers?

Guys I need advice. I wanna finish VLR but I stopped about 80% through like a year and a half ago and I find myself intimidated by going back in because I forget a lot of the plot intricacies. What do? Just replay the beginning and look up and faq if I get stuck on the end qualifiers?

Assuming that the game isn't extremely long then just start over.

I remember someone bringing up the Podcast and the complains about smash 3ds.
I have to add somthing to that. Liam said that charackter changes from Melee -> Brawl are bigger than Brawl -> smash 3ds.
That's not true at all, as far as I remember, the changes from Melee to brawl where,

Marths B, Falco ( less clonely), Ganondorf speed, Kirby's dash A, and Mario's down B.
And most changes where for the worst, and that's not counting all the nerfs!
Introduse crawling and footstooling

From Brawl to smash 3ds

Yoshi up smash and dash A, Fox/Falco can up B after side B, DK down B in the air, Zelda down B, Shiek down and side B, Links dash attack, ZSS has more kick based attacks and up B, DDD neutral B and down tilt, Charizard new side B, Pit new side and down B.
And almost everyone got buffed!

So where's the problem Liam?

Liam doesn't like the artstyle or the content amount. I don't recall him complaining about the buffs.

I played it at Gamestop kiosks and... I'm glad I didn't buy a 3DS for the game. Smash is not meant to be played on the little screen. It's a big screen affair. 3DS owners got a solid port to hold over until Wii U Smash.

If those complaints carry over onto the Wii U copy, I'll be especially upset.

croten

Yeah I would say to do that. The game can be hella confusing normally, I can't imagine how bad it would be for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom