• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
Liam doesn't like the artstyle or the content amount. I don't recall him complaining about the buffs.

I played it at Gamestop kiosks and... I'm glad I didn't buy a 3DS for the game. Smash is not meant to be played on the little screen. It's a big screen affair. 3DS owners got a solid port to hold over until Wii U Smash.

If those complaints carry over onto the Wii U copy, I'll be especially upset.

I am pretty that he complained that there weren't enough changes from brawl to 3ds.

And yeah, I am aware of the screen problem!
I play the game on the OG 3ds, I know the pain of the controls.
But seeing that Smash Wii u direct, I won't worry about not having enough content.

Guys I need advice. I wanna finish VLR but I stopped about 80% through like a year and a half ago and I find myself intimidated by going back in because I forget a lot of the plot intricacies. What do? Just replay the beginning and look up and faq if I get stuck on the end qualifiers?

The game has a function where you can replay each part. Start at the fist one, and when you start remembering things, start jumping ahead.

Also, follow a spoiler free FAQ, because it will save you time on getting the ending.

Also enjoy. The game is made of radness.

ultimax

Guys I need advice. I wanna finish VLR but I stopped about 80% through like a year and a half ago and I find myself intimidated by going back in because I forget a lot of the plot intricacies. What do? Just replay the beginning and look up and faq if I get stuck on the end qualifiers?

Restart it from the beginning, use a guide if you have to.

make sure that you finish each puzzle on hard while collecting EVERYTHING. its required for the "true" ending

He also said that he once got banned for fucking around in a joke thread iirc.

How do you even get banned for fucking around in a joke thread lol

Mods had it out for him.

I am pretty that he complained that there weren't enough changes from brawl to 3ds.

And yeah, I am aware of the screen problem!
I play the game on the OG 3ds, I know the pain of the controls.
But seeing that Smash Wii u direct, I won't worry about not having enough content.

Well, what did he expect for a handheld port? Why did he hold his expectations so high? Unless he was playing Devils Advocate, no one likes fighters on mobile. Controls are not comfortable enough.

Threadshitting in Nintendo threads ala "Gaf hates on Nintendo games again. Why is this a thread?".

So what'd I miss? I haven't been in here since page 360.

We posted selfies.

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around the continuous shitting on Nintendo. It's almost like they're shitting on Nintendo and shilling other consoles.

Question for the people with Beyond Earth. Is it worth getting now or should I wait for some of the (probable) expansions to come out?
I think it depends on how much you like Civ. While it is similar to Civ V it offers a lot of improvements gameplay, and functionality-wise that make the game much more enjoyable for me. If you like Civ and want a deeper and more engaging Civ V with a killer setting and scenario get it now, if not you can wait.
I recommend you get it though!

demidar

We posted selfies.

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around the continuous shitting on Nintendo. It's almost like they're shitting on Nintendo and shilling other consoles.

Yeah I'm not gonna post a selfie.

People conflate not liking something as something that shouldn't exist. It is perfectly reasonable to not like something and still be for their existence, which is something most haters (of any kind) don't understand. For example, I hate hate hate DmC, but I don't think it shouldn't exist because I understand that its not a game for me, it's for other people.

We've established that AngryCanadian is the Liam of the group due to his hair.

You remind of someone I used to know.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

I like Gotye too.

Yeah, that does seem like it would be alittle hectic.
Didn't they say it wasn't avalible online too?

6 to 8 player anything in fighters IMO doesn't pan out well. Too much hectic action to play proper.

7 people all ganging up on Doktor.

WHATS NOT TO BE EXCITED ABOUT?!

Is that a challenge?

My Kirby and Falcon can use the practice.

No johns.

Replay from the beginning. If you forgot a lot of it then there's no way you'll just be able to pick it right back up again and understand what's going on. Not with that game.

Squishy3

I like how Pat was making fun of the way Liam plays horror games and then he's doing the same thing, he fucking scared himself on the very first door he opened

Kekekekeke
I'm still perplexed someone went out of their way to steal a seat.

I know somebody who works for the local county council. He does land survey and shit. He told me that one time, he was in a farm in the middle of fucking nowhere doing his thing, and he got to talk to the owner of the property.

The owner said that some local scumbags were fucking around outside his sheds. So he built a big wall and installed a large gate. Morning after, the pillar caps were stolen.

Fuck.

So he left it alone, no point replacing them. Next week, bam. The gate was stolen.

Fuck.

He bought a new gate, new caps, and a dog. The dog was supposed to have been trained to bark if anyone approached the house. Next week, he heard the dog raising hell. He chased the bastards out of his land. The next morning, he woke up. The gate was there, so were the caps. The dog wasn't.

They stole his dog.

I like how Pat was making fun of the way Liam plays horror games and then he's doing the same thing, he fucking scared himself on the very first door he opened
Yeah but he didnt immediately run in the opposite direction.
im still wondering what happens after the game crashed.

Alfebit

Banned
Yeah but he didnt immediately run in the opposite direction.
im still wondering what happens after the game crashed.

Archgan posted it last page.

I watched someone else's LP of it to see what happens.
After the door breaks down, you wake in the bed, thinking it was a dream. You go back down to the basement, see that the door is still busted, realize it wasn't a dream, and find a picture of a hatch. You have to go get a ladder and then go into the attic where you learn there is a secret lab behind the keypad. A stupid looking monster shows up, chases you for a second, and you fall into one of the rooms you couldn't get into before.

From this point on, the monster will chase you if he sees you. You find a note that tells you the keypad code is behind the self-portrait. When you get there, you need to get a knife and need to go downstairs. After you come back with the knife, you get all but the last number of the code. I actually really like the next part because you have run down to the basement and type on your numpad quickly while trying to figure out the last digit. It really makes it more frantic.

Once in the lab, you find fuel have moving through a maze of vents. Right after that, the monster is shot by something (I think it was the labs security system) and a bomb is primed. You have to navigate the vents and get out if the lab. Once you do, the house starts falling apart and you have to take the long way around the house, climb up in the rafters, and make your way to the exit. Just before you reach it, the monster appears and you have to run for the exit and the game ends with you safe in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom