• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

The class I was preparing a speech for got cancelled and now I'm pissed that I stayed up late to finish it.

I love hate that

" the class you wrote that long ass paper for is canceled "

Well now I have time to play video games, AND have no obligations.

joe2187

Banned
Today I buy a Wii-U

I have completed my self funding personal kickstarter goal of $140 in loose change to match the amount of current Gamestop credit to buy me a Wii-U.
xI9gTJK.jpg

Now if I could only decide on which game Im most excited to play is.

Hmmmm

Today I buy a Wii-U

I have completed my self funding personal kickstarter goal of $140 in loose change to match the amount of current Gamestop credit to buy me a Wii-U.

Hmmmm

You will be my hero if you pay for a Wii U with a bunch of rolls of quarters and shit

Jman014

Today I buy a Wii-U

Hmmmm

RIP whoever has to go through that change when you buy your Wii U.

Today I buy a Wii-U

Hmmmm

So...what poor sap will be the one rolling those coins back up when you dump them on his lap?

Because you should. You should also definitely count every single coin out one by one.

croten

Today I buy a Wii-U

Hmmmm

I kinda feel sorry for Gamestop now- actually fuck it, let them suffer

Today I buy a Wii-U

Hmmmm

I'd feel sorry for whoever has to take those coins if they didn't work for Gamestop.

Today I buy a Wii-U

Hmmmm
My friend bought Dark Souls 2 on release with a 10$ bill, 40$ of it being in quarters, and 10$ various assorted dimes and other change.

He forgot about tax and I had to lend him an extra few bucks. Also the employee gave a fucking death stare.

Anyway though, you should totally buy your Wii U that way

Today I buy a Wii-U

Hmmmm
Im pretty sure there is a point were the cashier can go "nah, im not doing this shit today" and you're beyond that point.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watched the first episode of Kamen Rider Drive.

THE HYPEST RIDER KICK

tumblr_nd1xnbJg1G1ql41ypo5_500.gif

Also it's only been one episode and I'm already kinda in love with Kiriko.

tumblr_nd20h9K49J1qzd219o1_500.gif

I'm gonna do a Horror game thing with my friends but I only have these games:
RE: Directors Cut(PS1)
RE4(PS2)
Silent Hill(PS1)
Silent Hill: Downpour(PS3)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)
Medievil(PS1)
Monster House(?) (PS2) <- No Idea what this is.
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (PS3)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

Which games should I play first lol.

Would Twisted Metal Count as Horror?

Xiraiya

RE4(PS2)
Silent Hill(PS1)
Medievil(PS1)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

Either DP, Medievil or RE4

Jman014

RE4(PS2)
Silent Hill(PS1)
Medievil(PS1)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

Deadly Premonition first. It's so hilarious. Isn't that right, Zach?

Mr.Towel

Everytime a new Kamen Rider comes out I don't watch it because I have so many goddamn Kamen Riders to watch already. Haven't even started Gaim, Woolie got me hyped for Kamen Rider W. And now this bastard has pinball car kicks. Goddamn.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Another cool thing about Drive: You know how all the KR belts talk? This year's belt voice is provided by this guy:

HJ2q32f.jpg

Who you might remember from Crazy Taxi as this guy:

gus.jpg

(He's also in the show himself, as the creator of the belt.)

The podcast has given birth to the greatest new piece of Japanese folklore yet. A Santa Claus for modern Osaka.

I speak of the Woolie no Gouki.

Every autumn, as the air becomes cold, a hulking beast walks through the streets and forests of Osaka. He visits every small town, every shrine, every hot spring, terrifying adults as he passes with his mysterious dark skin and long, strange hair. But there is nothing to fear from the Woolie no Gouki.

Woolie no Gouki is friend to all children, and all who give him welcome. He is a man-beast clad in green, bearing a strange geometric shape on his head, above his unusual and twisted hair of many colors. He has metal through his nose, and towers over all the men of Osaka. But he does not come to frighten. He comes to give gifts.

If you come upon the Woolie no Gouki in the forest, or in the streets, and if he seeks meat, do not worry. He does not seek your meat. He seeks beef, to share in the delicacies of your town, and if you aid him he will pay you with a rare, precious elixir made of sap from trees across the ocean, from where he comes. Value this gift, and taste the staple food of his people.

Also, don't worry. He's way too chicken to go to the suicide forest, because that place is fucking creepy.
Quoting this because it seemed to be overlooked, it's.... Pretty Good

The podcast has given birth to the greatest new piece of Japanese folklore yet. A Santa Claus for modern Osaka.

Every autumn, as the air becomes cold, a hulking beast walks through the streets and forests of Osaka. He visits every small town, every shrine, every hot spring, terrifying adults as he passes with his mysterious dark skin and long, strange hair. But there is nothing to fear from the Woolie no Gouki.

Woolie no Gouki is friend to all children, and all who give him welcome. He is a man-beast clad in green, bearing a strange geometric shape on his head, above his unusual and twisted hair of many colors. He has metal through his nose, and towers over all the men of Osaka. But he does not come to frighten. He comes to give gifts.

If you come upon the Woolie no Gouki in the forest, or in the streets, and if he seeks meat, do not worry. He does not seek your meat. He seeks beef, to share in the delicacies of your town, and if you aid him he will pay you with a rare, precious elixir made of sap from trees across the ocean, from where he comes. Value this gift, and taste the staple food of his people.

Also, don't worry. He's way too chicken to go to the suicide forest, because that place is fucking creepy.

Perfect. Also, Woolie needs to sack up and go to the suicide forest.

Anung

Un Rama
So sad to see Call of Cthulhu done but it was entertaining while it lasted and funny seeing the game fall apart in front of them.

Hyped for the next game.

Also bought a load of J-food today as I miss it so much. Tonight is Katsu Curry night. I actually miss eating squid and raw horse :(

Zenfalcia

RE4(PS2)
Silent Hill(PS1)
Medievil(PS1)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

I think the Monster House game is a game based off the movie Monster house. it's not going to be scary at all despite the name.

This is the best lore that has ever been written

"He is a man-beast clad in green, bearing a strange geometric shape on his head, above his unusual and twisted hair of many colors. He has metal through his nose, and towers over all the men of Osaka. But he does not come to frighten. He comes to give gifts."

I'm fucking dying

ultimax

RE4(PS2)
Silent Hill(PS1)
Medievil(PS1)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

Medievil cuz spooky scary skeletons

But. I have Pokemon Colosseum...

No excuse. March your ass to a pawn shop and it get it for like $20. I'm mostly messing with you, but I do believe that Killer7 is one of the best titles on the Gamecube even with it's surreal plot. It's easily one of my top 5 games.

Duplolas

Banned
No excuse. March your ass to a pawn shop and it get it for like $20. I'm mostly messing with you, but I do believe that Killer7 is one of the best titles on the Gamecube even with it's surreal plot. It's easily one of my top 5 games.

YOU INSULT MY GAMECUBE COLLECTION, YOU INSULT MY FAMILY AND MY HONOR. HOW DARE YOU? HOW. DARE. YOU.

But seriously. I will keep an eye out on Craigslist and eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom