• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Things always cost more then they seem, making a cartoon that's actually worth a damn can cost up to ten of thousands, same with Anime.

Games are expensive as fuck, even a simple game like shovel knight took quite a bit to make. Publishing a book is cheap, but damn that's also rather expensive if yourself publish or pay a publisher to advertise your work.

People think things are cheap, hell the new transformers move was 1million dollars a minute in terms of cost.

That thread was the worst.

Well Im off with my bag of coins to go get my Wii-U. Wish me luck!

iwata_zps2f39327e.gif~original

Squishy3

Mario Kart, Mario 3D World, W101, Hyrule Warriors, Tekken Tag 2, NSMBU and NSLU.

Sold Monster Hunter Tri while it was still going for a decent price because of 4 Ultimate.

360pages

Oddly enough FF7 is probably the one in need of a remake the most. FF1-6 got ports and have aged rather well, and 3/4 got flat out remakes.

8-10 once again aged better over all, and look like PSP games for the most part.

7 really is the one that looks the most shit. (Though no fault of its own, after all it was moving the series into 3d)

That being said, Square's unwillingness to remake it until they make a game they think surpasses it in popularity is silly.

If there were ever to be a ff7 remake, at least that would mean the absolutely jank-ass translation would be fixed.

I think the actual game looks perfectly fine and charming as is, but this is very true.
There's a fan retranslation for the PC Version, but I haven't given it a shot yet

If there were ever to be a ff7 remake, at least that would mean the absolutely jank-ass translation would be fixed.

Don't get your hopes up...

A remake would end up being a reskinned game or a mobile/handheld copy.

That Chrono Trigger thread where people called CT shit makes me realize that those JRPGs wouldn't sell.

I feel that FF7 would be the same way.

No but according to GAF a ff7 remake would profit since it would easily sell 10 million copies. Oh man that thread was the worst.

Right...
GAF is obviously the best business analysts.

croten

Don't get your hopes up...

A remake would end up being a reskinned game or a mobile/handheld copy.

That Chrono Trigger thread where people called CT shit makes me realize that those JRPGs wouldn't sell.

I feel that FF7 would be the same way.

God I want more Chrono Trigger

360pages

They should have just said the bolded statement and left it at that. Companies making promises like that just piss off fans even more.

So I'm not the only one that remembers that shit. It's super silly, either remake it or don't, don't try to give an excuse to why you can or can't

Which kind of undermines the overrated opinion. It didn't catch on and those that did purchase it loved it enough to get other people to play/emulate it

300K units tho...

Like, I didn't expect that small a number for the SNES, but Nintendo operated a near monopoly in the US so that makes sense.

I can be online later tonight if people are still around?

I'll probably be on around 2 or something to train for a little, if anyone's still on I'll play online.

So I'm not the only one that remembers that shit. It's super silly, either remake it or don't, don't try to give an excuse to why you can or can't

Exactly. Id honestly just rather them not acknowledge it at all then say what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom