• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Well I didn't look at it like "for glory" as such, I just got the impression it was just a dumb thing to do as SBF fans, for them, but anyway.

Probably by a week from today. This weekend should be a great time to get it done, homework stuff taking up my time till this Friday though.

Nah just for fun. If we get noticed that's cool though.

"Why don't you open that window over there to get a nice backdraft.
KNpa96t.png

I'm pushing this obscure joke.

Because I haven't touched Kanji at all in Ultimax. I've strictly been playing Adachi. After I get enough of a handle on him I'll start messing around with other people.

Damn, one of the Kanji warriors jumps ship. Now it's just me, Pat, Maragidyne and Jojo left to grapple the world.
You're Adachi is really good though, I was impressed. That one combo with the super... ouch. I knew I was going to lose the round everytime you pulled it off.

Eh, I wasn't that attached to Narukami anyway. Oh, and thanks.

I know it's not what you mean, but who is? Seriously, how did he win the character poll? Some true narcissists out there lol.

You know, all this time I've spent playing Hyrule Warriors made me realize something about myself. I have played a fuck ton of Zelda in my life time, based on how many of the references, even very small ones, I've spotted.

It's also making me want to play some of those games again.

I know it's not what you mean, but who is? Seriously, how did he win the character poll? Some true narcissists out there lol.

Well, it makes more sense now then it did before since Narukami has an actual personality. I guess people really like the cool fearless leader type. Personally, I'm not too into. I like the dorky P4tA version of Narukami way better.

That reminds me of Andrew Ryans speech at the beginning of BioShock

That's one of my favorite video game quotes.

Damn, one of the Kanji warriors jumps ship. Now it's just me, Pat, Maragidyne and Jojo left to grapple the world.
You're Adachi is really good though, I was impressed. That one combo with the super... ouch. I knew I was going to lose the round everytime you pulled it off.

I really need to get back to playing Ultimax cause I feel like I'm falling behind on skill here, but between school, work, and Smash, it's really hard. Especially now, applications and all that jazz for college. Hopefully I'll have some time with it this weekend.

croten

I don't actually understand this. Is there actually a gameplay benefit to doing so? This is also what fucked up the PC port of Dark Souls 2, where enemies would be faster and weapon durability would decrease quicker.
Oh my god. OH MY GOD FUCK THIS RETARD! Reading this is fucking infuriating!

Japanese devs are more focused on consoles were framerate is usually locked so I don't think it's a case of it being better to lock the gameplay to the framerate the just don't think not to do it. This is just speculation though

croten

But if you know that you're going to be making a PC version of your game, drop that shit. Also, consoles aren't locked to 30fps, most devs and pubs just value visuals more because it's easier to sell.

I mean that they are usually locked to 30 or 60, so the game is built around it, and I know it's shitty I just think that Japanese devs are ignorant to what makes a good PC game.

But if you know that you're going to be making a PC version of your game, drop that shit. Also, consoles aren't locked to 30fps, most devs and pubs just value visuals more because it's easier to sell.

Japanese development seems to be far behind in tech than Western gaming. Japanese PC ports are, for the most part, functionally behind, and featureless.

I believe the Killer is Dead port didn't have AA options, and was locked to 30fps, unless you went into the ini, and the MGR port you couldn't even change the resolution.

croten

They made Rayman Legends so I can't hate Ubi too badly. (You guys should really play it if you haven't)

You should be able to separate their work from them. I like some ubisoft games, doesn't mean I don't think that the company is a complete flaming mountain of shit

You should be able to separate their work from them. I like some ubisoft games, doesn't mean I don't think that the company is a complete flaming mountain of shit

This. I know Capcom is a mountain built on lies, and horrible judgement, but I like their games.

Ubi no ubi pls is a given at this point.
Japanese development seems to be far behind in tech than Western gaming. Japanese PC ports are, for the most part, functionally behind, and featureless.

I believe the Killer is Dead port didn't have AA options, and was locked to 30fps, unless you went into the ini, and the MGR port you couldn't even change the resolution.
MGR let you change resolution, just not over 1080.
You don't have to lock mechanics to frames per second.

Yeah...Git gud Japan.
I think they're literally just used to it from Development for consoles. They should just git gud.

360pages

I would by more Capcom games, if Capcom made games I actually wanted. Don't care much for the monster hunter seires. Megaman and DMC was the only series I really bought from them regularly, I might pick up street fighter and some of their old games. But the last game I bought new from them was the DMC collection, that was about two years ago.

Then again, does Ubi make any other games other than the creed games? I know they make Rayman, but I don't see a lot of their other games gaining a lot of attention.

Jman014

I would by more Capcom games, if Capcom made games I actually wanted. Don't care much for the monster hunter seires. Megaman and DMC was the only series I really bought from them regularly, I might pick up street fighter and some of their old games. But the last game I bought new from them was the DMC collection, that was about two years ago.

Then again, does Ubi make any other games other than the creed games? I know they make Rayman, but I don't see a lot of their other games gaining a lot of attention.

They're publishing Might and Magic Heroes 7, which comes out next year.

Squishy3

They made Rayman Legends so I can't hate Ubi too badly. (You guys should really play it if you haven't)
Yeah but they also delayed it 7 months only for it to still sell like shit because it was up against other games despite being on 5 more platforms or whatever.

Jman014

:lol

If 30 locked and 780-900 the new standard across industry, then fuck console gaming man.

I'm not even one of those graphics whores like other people, but little things like draw distance are enough for me to never buy a Sony or MS console and go full PC in the future.

You can come play games with us like Shadowrun Returns, Divinity Original Sin and The Banner Saga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom