• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh I'm so pissed. I recorded some Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde stuff the other day and just realized video is missing of it when I stopped recording then decided to continue. I'm pissed because it seriously broke me. All I have is the audio. I don't think I can play the game again.

You can do it! I'm the one who believes in you!

No, wait. Pretend Mario is an anime girl! This has changed everything!
Why does this scare me so much.
Ahhh I'm so pissed. I recorded some Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde stuff the other day and just realized video is missing of it when I stopped recording then decided to continue. I'm pissed because it seriously broke me. All I have is the audio. I don't think I can play the game again.
Do you at least have rolling rock to drown your sorrows?

360pages

What did you do to the manager that they gave you that look.

Though most of the people at my Gamestop are super cool, so I don't have that problem.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Guys I did it!

I got my WiiU

Also, I dont think I can ever show my face in that certain gamestop ever again after the look the manager gave me!

fuck it, bring on the Wonderful 101!!
Why would the manager ever give you a look.

ultimax

Bug island huh? That reminds me, did anyone watch that parasyte anime yet? I think it just started today. Pretty interesting.
and disgustingly creepy

Unit24

Oh god, in my continued attempt to get into fighting games, I decided to try UMvC3. This was a really bad idea.

Mahvel is now, and it is destroying me.

Rockk

Oh man, Bug Island. I just saw Matt's comment on the latest Happy Video Game Nerd too.

time to talk to girls about giant creepy bugs and beat up your best friend

Oh god, in my continued attempt to get into fighting games, I decided to try UMvC3. This was a really bad idea.

Mahvel is now, and it is destroying me.

If you want to get into fighting games then Mahvel is not the correct way of doing it. Go pick up Ultimax. You only do quarter circles and charge inputs. It also has an auto combo feature.

Bug island huh? That reminds me, did anyone watch that parasyte anime yet? I think it just started today. Pretty interesting.
and disgustingly creepy

Literally finishing it right now. I was recommended the manga a long time ago but didn't, so this is super interesting to me.
The dubstep and opening were weirdly out of place, though.

360pages

Gotta to get good at pacing myself. I feel my fight scenes are far too short.

I'm rewriting this chapter, because I felt it went through in a breeze.

Well it really depends on what kind of fight it is. The more variables a fight has the more you have to describe it. If JoJo fights were actually written in prose, they would be long as hell because information and how abilities work must be described for it to make sense.

Don't worry if a fight is too short, as long as the impacts are meaningful. Both Long and short fights have their place depending on the story.

Unit24

I'm disappointed that I can't get good at Marvel, because I'd much rather play a fighting game that's filled with characters I'm already familiar with. I don't know a damn thing about any of the characters in Street Fighter, Tekken, or Ultimax.

I'm disappointed that I can't get good at Marvel, because I'd much rather play a fighting game that's filled with characters I'm already familiar with. I don't know a damn thing about any of the characters in Street Fighter, Tekken, or Ultimax.

Smash Bros hype

360pages

You could try smash, but it's so different from other fighting games that you probably won't have a lot of skills that could be transferred into another game if you chooses to play it.

ultimax

Literally finishing it right now. I was recommended the manga a long time ago but didn't, so this is super interesting to me.

Yeah this first episode definitely hooked me. Curious to see how it turns out, and the animation is great.
The dub-step was super off putting, it felt like I was watching free! for a second lol

Gitting gud at Mahvel is actually pretty tough. Don't worry too much about it.

Yeah this first episode definitely hooked me. Curious to see how it turns out, and the animation is great.
The dub-step was super off putting, it felt like I was watching free! for a second lol

I also like the lack of ridiculous censoring.
The thing is, I like that type of dubstep in anime, since it works for crazy action shit, but it was super out of place here.

You could try smash, but it's so different from other fighting games that you probably won't have a lot of skills that could be transferred into another game if you chooses to play it.

The important stuff will be transferred; mindgames, spacing, pokes, and all dat jazz are the bones to fighting games, and Smash is all about it.

and disgustingly creepy

I did. Pleasantly surprised on how they kept the violence uncensored unlike Tokyo Ghoul. Plus I'm getting super Peter Parker vibes from the protag.

I looked up the manga and lol nope'd at a page that showed a character's arm transforming into a giant penis.

GLORIOUS NIPPON? I don't know anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom