• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Daily Lives of HS Boys so funny?!

Episode 4 could've been a Scott pilgrim episode with the fight.

Yeah! You love it! Daily Lives is so good. I can't wait for you to watch Nichijou after.

Welp, Ultimax lobbies officially got weird. went into a room and i see a bunch of people just flirting with each other. It was fun while it lasted i guess

It really is like Club Penguin!

Welp, Ultimax lobbies officially got weird. went into a room and i see a bunch of people just flirting with each other. It was fun while it lasted i guess

giphy.gif

You still on? This computer science hw is pissing me off and I need some ultimax.

Just letting you know people here have gotten banned for using posting stuff that's uses "gay" in a derogatory tone. Plus it's not cool in general. Use this in the future:

tumblr_mz0dv80W561rb06tgo1_500.gif

I think people who quote the pic get in trouble as well if I'm remembering what went down in that Cory in the House thread.

360pages

Speaking of romance, I might just say fuck writing romance...or have a 1 or 2 year time skip and have character end up with one another. I mean as far as I can go.

Good romance>>>>>Skipped/ No romance>>>>>>Bad romance.

Not worth the effort or time in a non romantic story most of the time and drags attention away from the main story.

Speaking of romance, I might just say fuck writing romance...or have a 1 or 2 year time skip and have character end up with one another. I mean as far as I can go.

Not worth the effort or time in a non romantic story most of the time and drags attention away from the main story.

I feel that Good romance= No romance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bad romance.

You don't always need a romance in the story, and I wish there'd be more stories with male and female protags that don't get together romantically.

Then again I might just be annoyed by all the terrible romances I've seen.
Why Korra. Why.

tumblr_l5se1iTR0T1qz4w1go1_500.jpg

as long as the ultimax community agrees on some rooms being just fighting games and anyone who tries to flirt in those rooms gets ignored.

ultimax

You still on? This computer science hw is pissing me off and I need some ultimax.
yeah but not for much longer, so come get bodied for a bit
Just letting you know people here have gotten banned for using posting stuff that's uses "gay" in a derogatory tone. Plus it's not cool in general. Use this in the future:
tumblr_mz0dv80W561rb06tgo1_500.gif

I think people who quote the pic get in trouble as well if I'm remembering what went down in that Cory in the House thread.
thanks for the pro tip </3, i took it off if that helps lol
Did they ask for each others A/S/L?
yeah lol... the waifu warriors and husbando huggers have taken over the lobbies

god damn it, this is TOTALLY like club penguin

Currently on Episode 20 of Hajime No Ippo. Still really enjoying it. I like that it showed Takamura's Title match and showed how much of a great boxer he really is.

360pages

I feel that Good romance= No romance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bad romance.

You don't always need a romance in the story, and I wish there'd be more stories with male and female protags that don't get together romantically.

Then again I might just be annoyed by all the terrible romances I've seen.
Why Korra. Why.

Korra was awful with that shit.

If there is a relationship, don't have it between anyone in the main team. I don't mind if you make a love interest for that shit. But keep the group as platonic as possible in most cases

Also whos watching David Letterman tonight to see a man who probably knew Kennedy conduct an interview with the hologram of an robot anime girl.

Speaking of romance, I might just say fuck writing romance...

Romance is such a tricky thing in stories, if you show too much of the development, it just becomes about that and can really hurt pacing, but if you show too little then people have absolutely no reason to care about the subplot at all, making it even more of a wast of time and effort. No romance is easiest and most of the time the better option, but there's place for it.

My favorite example of a love story is Gurren Lagann, because we see the beginning and road of it,
but then skip straight to the marriage proposal and the series becomes about rescuing her.
It gives us the perfect amount of setup and payoff without it being intrusive, unlike Sword Art Online where... No. I'm not going into that, I already wrote and recorded my review, you'll all see it when it's done being edited and you'll all know.

Also whos watching David Letterman tonight to see a man who probably knew Kennedy conduct an interview with the hologram of an robot anime girl.

I'm not watching it live because fuck that, but I'm super excited for the dumbness of the clip tomorrow.

This has gotta be the weirdest Letterman has ever gone...

Why is he trying to grab the weeb audience? They won't stick around for more Letterman...

I don't actually agree with this. I feel that any good romance has development. A skipped setup always leads to a bad relationship.

If you aren't going to write romance, don't write it. A good romance needs very little setup anyway. Just enough to make it plausible, but not too much where it devours too much time.

It's fiiiiiiiine...
Stop trying to get me to buy Nendos. My wallet can't handle it.

This has gotta be the weirdest Letterman has ever gone...

Why is he trying to grab the weeb audience? They won't stick around for more Letterman...

I'm the exact audience for this and I don't even have plans to watch it live. People like me are used to watching everything online whenever we want, we ain't tuning in for shit.

360pages

I don't actually agree with this. I feel that any good romance has development. A skipped setup always leads to a bad relationship.

If you aren't going to write romance, don't write it. A good romance needs very little setup anyway. Just enough to make it plausible, but not too much where it devours too much time.

Eh...I know plenty of shows that have two characters that didn't show must interest in one another be a couple after a time skip. It's somewhat annoying, but at the same time I don't want romance to become a tumor in a story.

I've seen far too many cartoons/ Animes, where entire episodes are dedicated to a romance sub-plot, some not actually having the time to have such filler.

I've seen far too many cartoons/ Animes, where entire episodes are dedicated to a romance sub-plot, some not actually having the time to have such filler.

I don't mind an episode dedicated to romance subplots, but only if that episode ends the plot line. If has to be the big dramatic finish to the stuff that's been on the sidelines then it pretty much completely falls into the background.

360pages

I don't mind an episode dedicated to romance subplots, but only if that episode ends the plot line. If has to be the big dramatic finish to the stuff that's been on the sidelines then it pretty much completely falls into the background.

True, but Korra is a prime example of the romances doing stupid things to the plot. I don't give a shit who they end up with, I'm here for the awesome fights and story. (That gets shafted in every season except for season 3 so far)

I have romance in my romance story. I might have it in some of my other stories, but it's so subtle it might as well not be there.

Eh...I know plenty of shows that have two characters that didn't show must interest in one another be a couple after a time skip. It's somewhat annoying, but at the same time I don't want romance to become a tumor in a story.

I just think it's bad writing when too characters who shown no interest in each beforehand just hook up after a skip. That's just me.

You don't have to dedicate too much time to a romance to make it convincing.

It may be because when I write romance, it's either to the side, or horribly depraved. I dunno.
Then what's happening to The Colbert Report?
I'm expecting Jason Jones to get that slot.

360pages

I just think it's bad writing when too characters who shown no interest in each beforehand just hook up after a skip. That's just me.

You don't have to dedicate too much time to a romance to make it convincing.

It may be because when I write romance, it's either to the side, or horribly depraved. I dunno.

I'm expecting Jason Jones to get that slot.

What are you talking about, Vegeta's and Bulma's romance is the best thing EVER!

Maybe you're right, though I don't want to have a whole episode focused on it.

What are you talking about, Vegeta's and Bulma's romance is the best thing EVER!

I actually love their romance. It's perfect for that series, it happens entirely off camera and we find out about it before it even happened, which means none of it gets in the way and the characters had great chemistry, as well as having them show how much they actually care for each other throughout the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom