• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally finishing it right now. I was recommended the manga a long time ago but didn't, so this is super interesting to me.
The dubstep and opening were weirdly out of place, though.

Yeah this first episode definitely hooked me. Curious to see how it turns out, and the animation is great.
The dub-step was super off putting, it felt like I was watching free! for a second lol

Just finished it as well, seems like a cool premise and it's good to see some old fashioned anime violence and gore. I will never understand the use of super aggressive auto tuning in music but I'll just chalk it up as not my thing. The ending theme seemed the most out of place piece of music to me but I have no idea what the show wants to be. It starts off with
the guy eating his wife and his daughter then goes to dumb accidental groping and seems to set up a battle of the week type thing? The only prior knowledge that I had was seeing the teaser they put out earlier and I guess I was expecting just a straight body horror mutation thing.
I'll keep watching it for sure

I looked up the manga and lol nope'd at a page that showed a character's arm transforming into a giant penis.

GLORIOUS NIPPON? I don't know anymore.

lq3PUNz.png

the guy eating his wife and his daughter then goes to dumb accidental groping and seems to set up a battle of the week type thing? The only prior knowledge that I had was seeing the teaser they put out earlier and I guess I was expecting just a straight body horror mutation thing.
I'll keep watching it for sure

The battle of the week thing was surprising, when he stopped the car with his hand I was like "Wait, what is this show about?!" because all I'd seen of the Manga was straight creepiness and no fighting. Definitely gonna stick with it, though. If it goes straight action it has some great potential and if not, then it's still an interesting premise.

The battle of the week thing was surprising, when he stopped the car with his hand I was like "Wait, what is this show about?!" because all I'd seen of the Manga was straight creepiness and no fighting. Definitely gonna stick with it, though. If it goes straight action it has some great potential and if not, then it's still an interesting premise.

From what I understand of the manga, SPOILER
There's a shitload of body horror and mutation and that's definitely the focus, but the parasite hand and the protagonist also have a Ryuko-Senketsu thing happening where they team up to fight the parasites.
Non-spoiler version: Shit remains mad creep and they do not let up with it

I'm disappointed that I can't get good at Marvel, because I'd much rather play a fighting game that's filled with characters I'm already familiar with. I don't know a damn thing about any of the characters in Street Fighter, Tekken, or Ultimax.

I know that feel.
MvC3 Vergil... they got him so perfect! He's so good, but sadly I don't like the game he's in.

ultimax

Like what if the show just turns into stardust crusaders and the protag just fights ridiculous "stands/parasytes" each week lol. wouldnt mind that tbh. hope the creep factor is consistent

So about Smash 3DS... it really is just a demo. A demo with a lot of characters and is super fun but a demo none the less.

Why is so much content missing?

Because Nintendo needs to make money and Smash on 3DS was a sure fire way to do that? That's my guess at least. Smash on WiiU will do well but I'd guess it won't do nearly as well as the 3DS version just because the install base is so much larger

Alfebit

Banned
I mean, I may wait until a couple episodes are out and then just use my free trial. Was gonna wait until Winter Break and then just binge through as much anime as possible... Haha

If you or any other frienders want a free trial code, I always have extra. Just shoot me a PM.

Edit: Should mention they're Crunchyroll codes so others know what I'm talking about.

ultimax

I mean, I may wait until a couple episodes are out and then just use my free trial. Was gonna wait until Winter Break and then just binge through as much anime as possible... Haha
smart man lol
If you or any other frienders want a free trial code, I always have extra. Just shoot me a PM.

Edit: Should mention they're Crunchyroll codes so others know what I'm talking about.

same here, i got a bunch of codes stacked up. dont mind giving them away

Loco4Coco

Just watched some news and Red Bull is giving out $10 to anyone who bought a Red Bull between the year 2002 and August 2014 for not delivering on the promise of "Red Bull gives you wings". Pat should collect his 10 bucks.

360pages

Just watched some news and Red Bull is giving out $10 to anyone who bought a Red Bull between the year 2002 and August 2014 for not delivering on the promise of "Red Bull gives you wings". Pat should collect his 10 bucks.

I hope they are just doing that and no judge ordered it. It's super silly and makes people afraid to due something clever with their marketing.

With that said, I wanted to play some smash to give my mind some rest so I could write, just made myself super salty.

Loco4Coco

I hope they are just doing that and no judge ordered it. It's super silly and makes people afraid to due something clever with their marketing.

With that said, I wanted to play some smash to give my mind some rest so I could write, just made myself super salty.

I think it was a lawsuit.

I've actually never bought a Red Bull and now I feel cheated.

ultimax

Welp, Ultimax lobbies officially got weird. went into a room and i see a bunch of people just flirting with each other. It was fun while it lasted i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom