• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Don't you just love how
katsu whatever the fuck is just Nyx except not as cool.
yeah I was thinking that same thing throughout the whole thing. I also love how in the epilogue almost everyone is given some form of development or a goal they are striving to achieve and worst gurl yukiko's is literally "that thing that I hated and wanted to break free from? I got over it, I'll stay here forever." its also really important to know that she still sucks at cooking

You literally haven't seen anything, especially with Takamura

That gets me even more HYPE!
xyEhl9u.gif

yeah I was thinking that same thing throughout the whole thing. I also love how in the epilogue almost everyone is given some form of development or a goal they are striving to achieve and worst gurl yukiko's is literally "that thing that I hated and wanted to break free from? I got over it, I'll stay here forever." its also really important to know that she still sucks at cooking

IIRC P4 reveals that Yukiko didn't actually want to leave the Inn. She just wanted to become independent which she is striving for in the epilogue. Also, Yosuke, Teddie, or Naoto's epilogue scenes didn't have development or a goal they are striving to achieve either. It was just Chie, Kanji, and Rise. I might be wrong on that. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to the epilogue.

Speaking of romance, I might just say fuck writing romance...

My favorite way to write a romance is to have a close friendship with enough genuine lust to make things interesting. There was this short story I read a long time ago where this girl goes to a movie and it sucks, so she tears it apart during the end credits and this guy three rows back starts to agree with her and add points, and by the end of the credits they've built up a rapport, so when they finally get up and walk out of the theater, they exchange phone numbers. It is at this point the guy registers that the girl is hot, and she does the same, and they meet to watch a few more movies before realizing that they've been subconsciously dating the whole time and start a relationship. It is the best-written romance that I've ever read.

360pages

My favorite way to write a romance is to have a close friendship with enough genuine lust to make things interesting. There was this short story I read a long time ago where this girl goes to a movie and it sucks, so she tears it apart during the end credits and this guy three rows back starts to agree with her and add points, and by the end of the credits they've built up a rapport, so when they finally get up and walk out of the theater, they exchange phone numbers. It is at this point the guy registers that the girl is hot, and she does the same, and they meet to watch a few more movies before realizing that they've been subconsciously dating the whole time and start a relationship. It is the best-written romance that I've ever read.

True, though I have a few romance one shots. That's about all I written in terms of romance. Even then there was another plot going on to cover up said romance.

Relationships out of friendships are always really enjoyable. It doesn't feel forced and the characters aren't Gaga/head-over-heels until they've known each other awhile. It's a dose of realism that makes it much more enjoyable.

True, though I have a few romance one shots. That's about all I written in terms of romance. Even then there was another plot going on to cover up said romance.

Relationships out of friendships are always really enjoyable. It doesn't feel forced and the characters aren't Gaga/head-over-heels until they've known each other awhile. It's a dose of realism that makes it much more enjoyable.

Of course, we can't forget the best romance of all time.
tumblr_mqx3nbduKT1sddcmzo1_500.jpg

IIRC P4 reveals that Yukiko didn't actually want to leave the Inn. She just wanted to become independent which she is striving for in the epilogue. Also, Yosuke, Teddie, or Naoto's epilogue scenes didn't have development or a goal they are striving to achieve either. It was just Chie, Kanji, and Rise. I might be wrong on that. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to the epilogue.
I know but her S. Link is how she feels caged in by her family and friends into taking over the place and when she faces her true feelings she just accepts it and does what they wanted her to do anyway. It's pretty realistic but I was not happy with her final resolve. It could be personal feelings and relating to her situation but I hoped for something more from her. Yuri Lowenthal finally grows up and accepts that living in the moment with no thoughts of the future is not a good plan and seeks an amorphous "higher education". Naoto's is just sticking to her detective thing which was disappointing as well. Teddie's almost doesn't count because other than finally getting into someone's pants or being around Yu, Teddie doesn't really have a role in the real world. He is said to be vaguely protecting the TV world or something after P4G but there is not a whole lot to him.

Ahh, okay. I need to wait until 11:30 then.

yeah I'm just PVRing it, fuck waiting around, I got work in the morning.

Imagine if Miku went on a huge rant about how all pop stars are manufactured and there's no less artistry in her music than in one direction's or anyone like that
Just did this huge diatribe about the celebrity complex
And then the leek dance

360pages

I know but her S. Link is how she feels caged in by her family and friends into taking over the place and when she faces her true feelings she just accepts it and does what they wanted her to do anyway. It's pretty realistic but I was not happy with her final resolve. It could be personal feelings and relating to her situation but I hoped for something more from her. Yuri Lowenthal finally grows up and accepts that living in the moment with no thoughts of the future is not a good plan and seeks an amorphous "higher education". Naoto's is just sticking to her detective thing which was disappointing as well. Teddie's almost doesn't count because other than finally getting into someone's pants or being around Yu, Teddie doesn't really have a role in the real world. He is said to be vaguely protecting the TV world or something after P4G but there is not a whole lot to him.

yeah I'm just PVRing it, fuck waiting around, I got work in the morning.

Yeah, Youske epilogue was actually a pretty big moment for his character and a lot of people older and younger can relate to that situation. Yukiko is just being herself in a scene. You could argue that hers was about growing up and realizing that responsibility isn't all bad and learning the accept and enjoying what is forced upon you may actually lead you to enjoy it. Kind of like being in an arrange marriage and finding out the person you're supposed to marry is actually pretty awesome. At least that's ot too me

Oh yeah, forgot about that. So it's just Naoto and Teddie. Man, I don't know why they keep giving her the short end of the stick when it comes to character development. Also, they could have at least done something about Teddie. Just leaving it to "Scoring" is dumb and bad.

Anyway, I hope the P3 side is better.

Also, somewhat related. Check out this sweet English cover of "Memories of You"

Imagine if Miku went on a huge rant about how all pop stars are manufactured and there's no less artistry in her music than in one direction's or anyone like that
Just did this huge diatribe about the celebrity complex
And then the leek dance
No, as she's going on her rant, she starts beating the shit out of everything with said leeks.

Then Luka comes in and steals the show because Luka is the best vocaloid.

The thing I love about that picture is that the Avatar's default expression is kind of a perfect visible reaction to what Tharja is saying

It's like she's saying, "Geez, you crazy bitch, we fighting a war here!" but at the same time, she's thinking, "But this is something no sane person could deny..."

She's fighting a battle that has no true answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom