• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
You are a monster and I respect the hell out of it.

Please allow me to subscribe to your newsletter and/or weblog

All you need to do is add me on KiK. Tasteful_Flame.

I will teach you how to become the biggest stubborn bastard the world has ever known, besides me. I am Italian. No one is more stubborn than me.

BigDes

Also anyone had one of the two pursuers just fuck off halfway through the fight? I had summoned a dude and one of the pursuers did the blue sword stab on him and then promptly left the fight.

Went back into Dark 1 for funsies. Why does it look so much better than Dark 2. Why does it feel and sound so much better? The animations have so much more weight, and even now after all my trips to Lordran I'm still having a harder time with it. Capra took me out in 4 seconds.

Duplolas

Banned
Next play through I am going to record my first video. I will be beating the game while only wearing a manikin mask and using two whips.

No one will escape my kinky wrath.

Edit:

Be ready for girlish screams coming from the mouth of a hairy man with every strike of my whip.

Ah, now thats a title.
Anyway, just checking to grt a whiff of that new thread smell... Good stuff...

Also, at the risk of starting a new Drop Your Shield: kill dogs first... Absolutely nothing else of any use to contribute as Capra Demon is the single boss thats killed me every single playthrough, no matter what....

Yo, this is a fucking great pro-tip!

SEE WHAT I MEAN?!?!
PERFEKT!

Went back into Dark 1 for funsies. Why does it look so much better than Dark 2. Why does it feel and sound so much better? The animations have so much more weight, and even now after all my trips to Lordran I'm still having a harder time with it. Capra took me out in 4 seconds.

The only thing I wish DS1 had was the polished presentation from DS2. Everything else has convinced me DS1 is best Souls game.

360pages

Smash run is pretty great fun, my favorite part is actually the first part rather than the 1:00 match that you really have little effect of the outcome for.

Also, trying to cycle through Shulks Monado arts online is a nightmare

The easiest boss in the game killed you in 4 seconds?

Wow, letting Capra kill you.

Wow.

Lazulic

You guys better play that next. I want to see Woolie go through it completely blind.

You guys better play that next. I want to see Woolie go through it completely blind.

I dunno man, the timings pretty intense, and I wanna try my hand at Blind Bloodborne. Likely we'll take a break, do Blood (with my on the controls, feed me your hate) and then Dark 1 later.

What more polished controls?

I rolled left when I shoulda rolled right.

Rather the polished presentation from DS2. Graphically DS2 is gorgeous and I haven't had any framerate issues.

DS1 has Blighttown... MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I dunno man, the timings pretty intense, and I wanna try my hand at Blind Bloodborne. Likely we'll take a break, do Blood (with my on the controls, feed me your hate) and then Dark 1 later.

What hate? I'd imagine us all looking forward to it.
Especially us non-PS4 owners.

The textures in DaS1 have this glossy effect that gives the game a seemingly better look. Feel and sound I'm not sure since From uses the same SFX in their Souls games. OST is superior to DaS2 that's for sure.

I don't know where the fuck you're getting this weightier animation bullshit from. DaS2 actually did a much better job in that aspect. Just compare their running and weapon swinging animation. Huge improvement from DaS1.

Careful with that plan. Dont give Woolie a chance to pull another Persona 3 and just play through the whole thing in a weekend when you're not looking some time.

Oberon

Banned

It really doesn't look better. DS 1 has a lot of bad textures, and ps1 2D trees.
Kapra demon is one of the worst bosses in the series. Let's add some minions to make it artificially harder, and the best way to fight him is abusing his path finding.

The textures in DaS1 have this glossy effect that gives the game a seemingly better look. Feel and sound I'm not sure since From uses the same SFX in their Souls games. OST is superior to DaS2 that's for sure.

I don't know where the fuck you're getting this weightier animation bullshit from. DaS2 actually did a much better job in that aspect. Just compare their running and weapon swinging animation. Huge improvement from DaS1.

You mean the running animation that's so bad my g/f burst out laughing when she saw it? The animations in DS2 are a huge step down.

Lazulic

SEE WHAT I MEAN?!?!
PERFEKT!

The only thing I wish DS1 had was the polished presentation from DS2. Everything else has convinced me DS1 is best Souls game.

Do you mean like the little things that make the game a bit better like consuming souls in chunks and running up ladders? Whenever I think of DS2 polish I think of those little problems that they fixed.

Could easily be fixed by just not rolling and taking the hit like a man, shield up.

NeverevenplayedDS1

Men don't use shields.

It'd be sick if you were to summon some Frienders if there's a similar mechanic in Bloodborne, especially if it was a random occurrence

Duplolas

Banned
That boss requires you to Liam it. If you aren't dead by 4 seconds of the boss, then you'll probably win.

Ive never played Dark Souls 1. I plan on buying it as soon as I bring my gaming comp up from VA to PSUH. So for now, I will just keep spouting out things that don't make sense.

Edit:

I would love to see a playthough where you are only able to do the little backwards hops to dodge. No shield, no roll.

Page 6 already.

Page 3. 100 PPP. Git Gud.

Do you mean like the little things that make the game a bit better like consuming souls in chunks and running up ladders? Whenever I think of DS2 polish I think of those little problems that they fixed.

Men don't use shields.

Definitely. Those little things made going to DS1 brutal, plus no lifegems.

However, DS1's locations blow DS2 out of the water. So much scale when it comes to those areas.

Oberon

Banned
You mean the running animation that's so bad my g/f burst out laughing when she saw it? The animations in DS2 are a huge step down.

That's not really a reliable way to measure Animation quality though.
The person in DS2 bends a bit over which indicates more weight in his movement.

croten

Wow that's ballsy, DS2 is already your longest LP and that's with someone who knows most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom