• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
That backwards hop is so fucking bad.

The flamethrower of dark souls.

But I just like to imagine little bunny hops. Where, instead of a roll, you dont target the enemy you are fighting and just spam the backwards bunny hop in the left or right direction.

Edit:

Just makes me kinda giggle, just like doing running jumps up stairs. It pointless and idiotic, but I do it every time.

But I just like to imagine little bunny hops. Where, instead of a roll, you dont target the enemy you are fighting and just spam the backwards bunny hop in the left or right direction.

Edit:

Just makes me kinda giggle, just like doing running jumps up stairs. It pointless and idiotic, but I do it every time.

I would like to see a youtube video of that though.

Feeding humanity to covenants was suffering.

I don't mind that system, but I'd appreciate a second healing option besides Estus in the game.

I had to buy a heal spell just to conserve my Estus. a SL I wasted just for the convenience of healing.

I've seen the review, honestly the game had the chance to be great if it had 6 months to a year of heating and prepping time. Honestly it feels like the game is flat out incomplete.

That's because this supposed ten year plan by Activision.

If Bungie went to EA or Ubisoft, I'm convinced they wouldn't have this huge backlash.

What do fans expect from the biggest publisher in video games?

Xiraiya

Went back into Dark 1 for funsies. Why does it look so much better than Dark 2. Why does it feel and sound so much better? The animations have so much more weight, and even now after all my trips to Lordran I'm still having a harder time with it. Capra took me out in 4 seconds.
There is lighting and shadows in Dark 1, why is that gone in DS2 if they could do it before? That's still the biggest mystery to me, and walking/running and fighting definitely does have more weight to it than 2, it's also smoother, it was the first thing I noticed about Dark Souls 2 even just looking at LPs of it, that something about movement in general just seems wrong, parrying being the prime example of the differences.

It's like a cheap imitation of Dark Souls character movement.

Do you know if you do bigger hops the less weight you have? Or is it always the same distance?

At least I know in Dark 1, if you have low equip load, it's more of a backwards skip, where as high equip load it's an actual hop.

Edit: not sure if it actually changes distances though, just know there's different animations.

Lazulic

I just farmed rats in the sewers with 400 item discovery. Only took about 20 minutes to get around 10 of them

Not the process of getting humanity so much, just that you had to manually press the option in the covenant screen, confirm that you did in fact want to give it humanity, wait for the stupid 5 second animation to play, then mash when it tells you your ties are deepened. 30 times.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
At least SAO knows how the mmo life is.
UNe3WKh.png
znjT88N.png

Not the process of getting humanity so much, just that you had to manually press the option in the covenant screen, confirm that you did in fact want to give it humanity, wait for the stupid 5 second animation to play, then mash when it tells you your ties are deepened. 30 times.

Oh yeah, that ghetto ass system.

That was the worst.

Xiraiya

Humanity being a full heal more or less nearly defeats the point of estus in Dark 1, Invaders can use humanity, they use it all the time in my game, and it's like if you're going to stop Invaders healing, stop ALL healing, farming 99 Humanity and then some to heal with is far too easy.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I currently play WoW. How good is SAO on it's mmo stuff?
It's very standard. Except there's only fighters, assassins, and tanks.
My roommate is 5 feet away behind me and he's one of the first 300 people on earth to ever full and completely 100% Runescape.
I have only come close to half that. He could make money selling the account.
I might just have to do some testing with my kinky manikin whip playthrough.

Edit:

Makes me think of the WoW episode of South Park.
Its feels more of over the course of a week than playing all the time.

hughesta

Banned
So uh

Can anyone help me find that dumb walking dead video where Kenny dances in the sky? I can't find it for the life of me. I feel like y'all are better at finding weird shit than I am, and I'd really appreciate it.

360pages

And it usually puts itself out of Mac's counter range with it

Pretty much, his a crappy version of Bowser. His side B is his best move and his fast neutral a. He has surprisingly shit recover considering he has wings, his down B is just garbage.

Also, I think Pikachu is really good, so is Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom