• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

jWH6CRw.jpg

Liam knows his superheroes

Needs Woolie's childhood hero Rage.

I'm playing Guacamelee with the Woolie skin. This is so awesome. I really hope the guy does a Liam Tostada skin next.

Edit: Oh my god. The Rooster Uppercut is Woolie jumping up and eating a pie. This is some next level shit.

Jman014

It'll be pretty ruff, since Matt can't really have a conversation with Pat barking mad. It'll become a hairier situation if Woolie gets involved.

There's a first for everything. ;)

Dog Pat would just play with Woolie's dreads during the entire recording session.

Anyone watch SHIROBAKO? It goes from typical anime high-school girls with a dream, to a drifting battle to a realistic representation of working in an anime studio.

It's fucking weird how not weird it actually is even after that description.

Zenfalcia

Anyone watch SHIROBAKO? It goes from typical anime high-school girls with a dream, to a drifting battle to a realistic representation of working in an anime studio.

I plan to. How is it so far? 7/10?

That's insanely interesting. I'm really curious.
....how do you expect me to beat that or even be on par with that...
Muahahahaha
The actual coolest tagline is always the obvious one though.

I plan to. How is it so far? 7/10?

It's hard to tell, the first episode was a lot of character and job setup, so it really depends on how deep they go into certain aspects of it.

That's insanely interesting. I'm really curious.

I get vibes similar to Bakuman, which is pretty cool. The plot of the first episode is about finishing key frames before the dubbing deadline. If you're into the details of what goes into production (Which I am) it has a ton of potential and you'll probably like it.

Is it any good?

I enjoyed what I saw, so it's alright so far.

Zenfalcia

It's hard to tell, the first episode was a lot of character and job setup, so it really depends on how deep they go into certain aspects of it.

I get vibes similar to Bakuman, which is pretty cool. The plot of the first episode is about finishing key frames before the dubbing deadline. If you're into the details of what goes into production (Which I am) it has a ton of potential and you'll probably like it.

Sounds promising. So I have to make some time to watch all the new anime..
maybe doing during reading week...

I'm playing Guacamelee with the Woolie skin. This is so awesome. I really hope the guy does a Liam Tostada skin next.

Edit: Oh my god. The Rooster Uppercut is Woolie jumping up and eating a pie. This is some next level shit.

fk it unless the Korra game is on Steam it can wait
gotta buy the superior Guacamelee version when i pickup Freedom Wars

360pages

It sucked what happened to the Korra series, even though I didn't care much for it.

I hope there are developers that are big fans of the Avatar Series like CC are big fans of JoJo and Naruto, while the Korra game looks like it will play great, the visuals are lacking pretty badly. Then again, the game budget is small as hell.

Alfebit

Banned

Alright, added to my list.

It sucked what happened to the Korra series, even though I didn't care much for it.

I hope there are developers that are big fans of the Avatar Series like CC are big fans of JoJo and Naruto, while the Korra game looks like it will play great, the visuals are lacking pretty badly. Then again, the game budget is small as hell.

The visuals look great to me, they capture the show pretty dang well.
And I hope that Platinum keeps to it, instead of CC2, because they are worlds apart in terms of gameplay.
They should totally collab

I disagree with most of what you just said.

360pages

And I hope that Platinum keeps to it, instead of CC2 because they are worlds apart in terms of gameplay.

I actually think the simple style works well for Naruto. I wouldn't want a regular 2d fighting game for that series at all. It worked well for the original ultimate Ninja series. But at the same time it was missing something.

I guess that is why the storm series is more popular than the first series.

That being said, the Legend of Korra game looks kind of...I don't know, the elements look nice, but the character models and areas look kind of cheap. Though once again the game was made on a budget so I can't really complain.

Sounds pretty awesome. Definitely added my ever lengthening backlog.
And I hope that Platinum keeps to it, instead of CC2, because they are worlds apart in terms of gameplay.
Fuck, CC2 graphics and Platinum gameplay is 2stronk.
That being said, the Legend of Korra game looks kind of...I don't know, the elements look nice, but the character models and areas look kind of cheap. Though once again the game was made on a budget so I can't really complain.
For the price point it's fantastic, games cost way more and look way worse- not to mention this is Platinum, and the gameplay will be amazing. I prefer a good game to be made out the thing I like versus how nice it looks.

It's like JoJo HD vs All Star Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom