• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
GREAT.
Time for Bayo 2 demo again finally.
tumblr_n8cxt5ICje1sgxjc6o4_500.jpg
Git gud.
So people here must be sucking pretty bad then..
#decimated
As a mobile user. Too late. He looks cute though. :3

Squishy3

To everybody playing the Bayo demo, yknow it's hard locked to easy right?
Even if it's hard locked to easy, there's no way the platinum requirement for combo in the first mission is going to be higher than what it already is on higher difficulties. It's like 220,000, that's pretty goddamn high alone.

Zenfalcia

Now I feel like posting this.

But I must flee! I need to study...

I love the running joke of chiyo being paras XD..

I should sleep.. i need to wake up at 7.. it's 1:40 already... =_=

Fuck yeah, new Gundam! I loved one of the first ones as a kid and I've been trying to get back into it ever since I rediscovered anime.

Expect boobage. Cause i do. Say some early scenes.. man.. it's something.. Rediscovered the love for good anime. Since naruto is dying.

Zenfalcia

Gonna call it a night. Good night all. Dont eat spiders in your sleep, you mighg choce and die.
Not really. Just means extra protein.

To everybody playing the Bayo demo, yknow it's hard locked to easy right?

Huh, I knew something felt a bit off. No wonder the enemies felt a bit dim and passive. Pretty awesome stuff nonetheless. The demo doesn't have the same meat that W101's did, but fuck it, free Bayo is still free Bayo.

The new combo strings are going to take a bit to get used to. There's a lot less delay combos than in the first game and those that are there are a bit more forgiving. Lots more Wicked Weave launchers though and combos with a couple consecutive Weaves, so that's pretty awesome. Maybe it's because of the difficulty setting, but Weaves seem a bit stronger too. Dodge Offset feels buffed overall both because of the higher power Weaves and the fact that you get a bit more magic from keeping the attack button held for the extra bullets, letting you Umbran Climax more often. My biggest gripes so far being that the camera can get a bit confused when following the really agile and huge mini-boss and that, despite being really smooth, the game definitely doesn't run at 60fps. Those are pretty minor, though, and the framerate stays pretty consistent regardless of how much fps the game is pumping.

I'm really happy with how the flying sections turned out. The camera placement felt right since it never felt like I had to try real hard in order to read tells due to the boss' enormous size. Mobility is also really well done, since despite the constant yo yo-ing towards and away from the boss it was never a hassle to get back into attack range since your normal run speed and the distance you move forward during an attack seem to be increased for these sections. It also helps that Wicked Weaves from the end of combos still home in on distant foes, so dodge offset-ing a PKP combo helped keep my score running. Trying to keep your combo up by holding the fire button seems a bit janky, since the bullets don't speed up so the increase in scale makes the boss a bit too distant to keep your fire consistently accurate. Overall, I'm happy that my concerns with these sections are unfounded and they don't feel that different from fighting a normal mini-boss.

Though a question for Pat (or anyone who went to E3, PAX or whatever and played a more recent demo): Is this demo based on an older version of the game? There seems to be a few things missing from final game and the Comic Con demo, like that twisting launcher that you can do by pressing Punch quickly after jumping. There are a couple other inconsistencies as well. If I'm right, which version of the demo does this demo most feel like?

Squishy3

I nearly had a heart attack. What the fuck was that thing?!

That dog is adorable.

I actually just watched it after the other video.
RIP headphone users.
The best part is when it's chasing the guy who gets caught in the web and it goes around and in front of the guy. Smart dog.

Monster Episode 51

Man, this bit where Tenma got caught and we're jumping between everybody he helped on the way freaking their shit out is amazing. What the fuck are they going to do though, bust him out of jail?

Okingjrr

Though a question for Pat (or anyone who went to E3, PAX or whatever and played a more recent demo): Is this demo based on an older version of the game? There seems to be a few things missing from final game and the Comic Con demo, like that twisting launcher that you can do by pressing Punch quickly after jumping. There are a couple other inconsistencies as well. If I'm right, which version of the demo does this demo most feel like?

It's demo from last year's E3, they probably added more combos since then or some of the combos are locked away in the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom