• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

300 posts and like 2 months or something.

Just saw the gif. What was that thing in the wood block? It quickly reminded me of the Lost Sinner from DS2. Like if the Lost Sinner also had his head locked too along with his hands...

Well I got like 3 months and 150 posts or something. I guess I will get there eventually.
Actually, it's 300 posts. Just spam avatar quotes, it'll go by fast.
Don't :p

Nordicus

Just saw the gif. What was that thing in the wood block? It quickly reminded me of the Lost Sinner from DS2. Like if the Lost Sinner also had his head locked too along with his hands...
It's just a random demon for a first episode, honestly. While the boy had his hands full with that, the father?

zd377ki.jpg
Busy elsewhere

croten

Well I got like 3 months and 150 posts or something. I guess I will get there eventually.

Lost sinner isn't a "he" and it's 3 months 300 posts to get membership status.

Heavens Feel is done. All Fate/Stay Night endings completed, finally. Type-MOON fucking knows how to give me feels.

360pages

That moment when you try to be as nice as you can during a review and someone still gets angry with you.

I always try to be nice and make suggestions, I would never ever say someones story is flat out bad. Though the person came out as more hostile than angry. It was super jarring since they came off as pretty reasonable.

Okingjrr

So that Silver I got last night in the Bayo demo means I Really need to GIT GUD. Thanks for telling me Pat. Today is training day!
I still don't understand how to get launchers in my combo strings.
Don't worry dok, you're not the worst, I got bronze. Gotta step my game up.
The launchers are fairly simple I think. Just hold the ZL trigger, hold the left stick in the opposite direction of your enemy and attack and voilà!

Also, I won't have time for MK8 today. Maragidyne's home country is waiting for me.

That moment when you try to be as nice as you can during a review and someone still gets angry with you.

I always try to be nice and make suggestions, I would never ever say someones story is flat out bad. Though the person came out as more hostile than angry. It was super jarring since they came off as pretty reasonable.
Some people need to understand that not everything they write is gold and that they have to face that fact when someone's reviewing their work.
I can handle positive criticism, it comes with the job. It's the only way you're going to get better at writing.

Some folks don't want to hear criticism.

I am a harsh reviewer. I have no qualms with that. If you don't want to hear criticism, don't publish your work.

Xiraiya

Dragon Age: Origins being free sounds pretty good, always been more of a Mass Effect fan but I'll give a fantasy version of that a try.

The launchers are fairly simple I think. Just hold the ZL trigger, hold the left stick in the opposite direction of your enemy and attack and voilà!

Also, I won't have time for MK8 today. Maragidyne's home country is waiting for me.

Some people need to understand that not everything they write is gold and that they have to face that fact when someone's reviewing their work.
I can handle positive criticism, it comes with the job. It's the only way you're going to get better at writing.

All cool. Do cool guys thing in Amsterdam. I wish I went :(

I'm gonna play more Bayo and DMC 1 and relearn.

360pages

Some folks don't want to hear criticism.

I am a harsh reviewer. I have no qualms with that. If you don't want to hear criticism, don't publish your work.

I want to push people to improve, I don't want to hurt anyone. Though strangely enough, most people respond positively to when I leave a review and try to take the suggestion to heart.

Though it really doesn't matter since the person blocked me anyway, so I can't reply, just was super surprised to see a reaction like that.

360pages

Hey, I can happily admit that my best work is probably mediocre at best and needs heavy amount of editing. Though, I just don't get the line of thinking, if you don't agree that's fine. But at least let us have a conversation about it. Don't just message scream me then block me, I would love to see someones reasoning behind something.

Hey, I can happily admit that my best work is probably mediocre at best and needs heavy amount of editing. Though, I just don't get the line of thinking, if you don't agree that's fine. But at least let us have a conversation about it. Don't just message scream me then block me, I would love to see someones reasoning behind something.

Not everyone is as open to criticism as you seem to be.

Even published writers are like that.

Zenfalcia

Have you been on tumblr? Or seen youtube comments?

Dont be surprised not everyone is rational and live in a special snowflake society where they cant take criticism.

I want to push people to improve, I don't want to hurt anyone. Though strangely enough, most people respond positively to when I leave a review and try to take the suggestion to heart.

Though it really doesn't matter since the person blocked me anyway, so I can't reply, just was super surprised to see a reaction like that.
That sounds like butthurt supreme.

I too want people to improve, but sometimes you gotta drop the hammer. I rarely review anyway, and I review to either praise, or to inform the writer in what's wrong.

YOU WERE TOO YOUNG FOR THAT STICKY ICKY! THE DANK WAS TOO STRONG!

360pages

Not everyone is as open to criticism as you seem to be.

Even published writers are like that.

Well, that's mostly because I see other people writing style between actual published work and stuff online and still see I can improve.

I'm just happy someone read enough to give a critique even if it's only one sentence long and not just saying how good it is. It means someone actually paid enough attention to the story/plot characters.

360pages

Have you been on tumblr? Or seen youtube comments?

Dont be surprised not everyone is rational and live in a special snowflake society where they cant take criticism.

I stopped looking at youtube comments for that reason.

With that said, being on a site where reviews can be accepted from anyone, not all of them can be good.

Zenfalcia

I stopped looking at youtube comments for that reason.

With that said, being on a site where reviews can be accepted from anyone, not all of them can be good.

Same here. It's just bad.. and a waste of time.

Even the worst review has some grains of truth and can help you improve.
or be me and harshly judge all my own material and say everything sucks.

360pages

Same here. It's just bad.. and a waste of time.

Even the worst review has some grains of truth and can help you improve.
or be me and harshly judge all my own material and say everything sucks.

I constantly thinking about what I'm writing or when to write it and what not.

Though reviewing is always a struggle, because you never want to sound too harsh, but you don't want to give a worthless review. I guess it also depends on the site. I know the site I'm on people are really open about reviews and don't mind constructive criticism.

Okingjrr

Planning to go and actually being a train ride away are two different things.

I still need a passport and to save up some money.
They are, I agree.
Good luck with that, I know it can be a pain, especially if you have life things to tend to.

Pretty unacceptable when you're asking for someone's help. I agree discussing the suggestions and criticism is the way it should go.

Zenfalcia

I constantly thinking about what I'm writing or when to write it and what not.

Though reviewing is always a struggle, because you never want to sound too harsh, but you don't want to give a worthless review. I guess it also depends on the site. I know the site I'm on people are really open about reviews and don't mind constructive criticism.

I go with the mentality of: why do people care about reading this when i make/think something. It has to be interesting and when a character dies, people should have a reason to care.

Nah, just lay out the truth. I try not to sugar coat it. Since it wont help anyone if i say it's good when it's not.

Duplolas

Banned
Sorry about getting everyone on the topic of DRUGS.

Return to your previously scheduled Persona 4 discussion and have a nice weekend guys. :D

This just reminds me of the times when D.A.R.E visited my school as a kid.

D.A.R.E are the biggest bunch of losers I have ever seen. Damn, when they visited our school, they told us straight up lies about drugs.

Gateway drugs my ass.

They NEVER explained how dealers cut those drugs to make em more addictive/dangerous or how the system itself was corrupt as fuck.

D.A.R.E. Is a bunch of bullshit. If the US legalized enough drugs and established a regulatory framework, shit would be ok.

They are, I agree.
Good luck with that, I know it can be a pain, especially if you have life things to tend to.

Pretty unacceptable when you're asking for someone's help. I agree discussing the suggestions and criticism is the way it should go.

Thanks man. I'm not ready for what Amsterdam will bring me, but I hope the drug baked goods are tasty.
I really want a weed strufenwafel.

croten

Sorry about getting everyone on the topic of DRUGS.

Return to your previously scheduled Persona 4 discussion and have a nice weekend guys. :D

I think it was more to do with Okingjrr and Dok that got everyone talking but I haven't been paying too much attention

360pages

I go with the mentality of: why do people care about reading this when i make/think something. It has to be interesting and when a character dies, people should have a reason to care.

Nah, just lay out the truth. I try not to sugar coat it. Since it wont help anyone if i say it's good when it's not.

I at least try to have one good thing and one bad thing when I leave a review unless it's really good and I can give praise, or unless it's really bad then I just not review, though I never encountered anything that bad.

Zenfalcia

I at least try to have one good thing and one bad thing when I leave a review unless it's really good and I can give praise, or unless it's really bad then I just not review, though I never encountered anything that bad.

Yep. Sounds reasonable. Why not review what's bad?
What's the worst you've read?

Rutti

They NEVER explained how dealers cut those drugs to make em more addictive/dangerous or how the system itself was corrupt as fuck.

D.A.R.E. Is a bunch of bullshit. If the US legalized enough drugs and established a regulatory framework, shit would be ok.

No way man! Haven't you seen the complete collapse of Colorado and Washington? It is like Hokuto no ken there.

360pages

Yep. Sounds reasonable. Why not review what's bad?
What's the worst you've read?

At worst, I've read was no detail and what not, really the worst things I've read were usually on Fanfiction places.

I never read anything super awful on original fiction areas. I guess mostly because they have to have a certain amount of quality and creativity to writer their own stuff in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom