• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

At worst, I've read was barely and detail and what not, really the worst things I've read were usually on Fanfiction places.

I never read anything super awful on original fiction areas. I guess mostly because they have to have a certain amount of quality and creativity to writer their own stuff in the first place.

Ic. Fanfics can get pretty bad.

At worst, I've read was no detail and what not, really the worst things I've read were usually on Fanfiction places.

I never read anything super awful on original fiction areas. I guess mostly because they have to have a certain amount of quality and creativity to writer their own stuff in the first place.

That's some luck homie.

Fanfiction, original fiction, bad writers are everywhere. I just ignore them, unless it's offensively awful.

They NEVER explained how dealers cut those drugs to make em more addictive/dangerous or how the system itself was corrupt as fuck.

D.A.R.E. Is a bunch of bullshit. If the US legalized enough drugs and established a regulatory framework, shit would be ok.
In all seriousness I'd prefer we have only private organizations and movements to discourage and help drug users and addicts, but US citizens would go insane if we didn't have drug laws.

I don't think any mental-altering substance should be taken personally though, that counts alcohol. People can do what they want, I just don't want any part of it myself. That said, making things illegal doesn't solve the problem of kids getting ahold of it or anything, it just means that people who still do it are criminals.

At least we're able to choose this kind of thing on a state level. That's a good way to give people the choice.

360pages

Ic. Fanfics can get pretty bad.

I think it's less about the quality of writing and more that a of people just want romance. I write fanfiction, but it's mostly to practice and try out ideas to see what works and what not.

Nothing is more irritating than having nothing but romance everywhere. Though some can be interesting, I know I write the dumbest shit there, mostly because no one else will.

Guys, take some quality advice here.

MKay.gif

they're really bad if they're cut with bleach or flour or powdered sugar or borax.

At worst, I've read was barely and detail and what not, really the worst things I've read were usually on Fanfiction places.

Fiction is really hard to make "original" content, because writing has existed for a Long time. There could be something someone thought of and already published.

In all seriousness I'd prefer we have only private organizations and movements to discourage and help drug users and addicts, but US citizens would go insane if we didn't have drug laws.

I don't think any mental-altering substance should be taken personally though, that counts alcohol. People can do what they want, I just don't want any part of it myself. That said, making things illegal doesn't solve the problem of kids getting ahold of it or anything, it just means that people who still do it are criminals.

At least we're able to choose this kind of thing on a state level. That's a good way to give people the choice.

I'm of the opinion that people should be given choice, even when substances may be bad for the body.

The US repealed prohibition because of the harm and illegal activities that came out of hiding drinking and illegal speakeasies.

I feel the same way with drugs; drag it out of the shadows and hang it out in the open.

Don't pour more money into a drug war that results in more people being killed than in the Iraqi War. That shit is inexcusable.

360pages

That's some luck homie.

Fanfiction, original fiction, bad writers are everywhere. I just ignore them, unless it's offensively awful.

Of course, but I do notice a large quality jump depending on the site and the area. Plus it also helps, for some reason Fanfiction readers don't like to review at all, this a lot of mistakes continue.

360pages

MKay.gif

they're really bad if they're cut with bleach or flour or powdered sugar or borax.

Fiction is really hard to make "original" content, because writing has existed for a Long time. There could be something someone thought of and already published.

Even if the concept has been used before, giving it your own spin is important. You still have to write dialog, scenery, characters, plot lines, fight scenes. All of this has to be original content with only a very small baseline

Zenfalcia

I think it's less about the quality of writing and more that a of people just want romance. I write fanfiction, but it's mostly to practice and try out ideas to see what works and what not.

Nothing is more irritating than having nothing but romance everywhere. Though some can be interesting, I know I write the dumbest shit there, mostly because no one else will.

Could also be inexperience with the
usually
sexual romance and just the awkwardness of some of it.

What if the whole point is supposed the be romance though, if there was no romance...

With all this writing talk, I should mention that I'm soon to be starting an original piece soon.

I'm working on the logo right now.

Do you have an idea of the story already?

360pages

Could also be inexperience with the
usually
sexual romance and just the awkwardness of some of it.

What if the whole point is supposed the be romance though, if there was no romance...

I think it's just the sheer amount of it, it's the largest section in every fandom. I can filter it out, but then other problems start to arise.

Even if the concept has been used before, giving it your own spin is important. You still have to write dialog, scenery, characters, plot lines, fight scenes. All of this has to be original content with only a very small baseline

I agree and one of the biggest issues is making sure the audience doesn't know where the source/inspiration comes from.
As in, if people found out Star Wars was ripped from WW2 and Nazi propaganda, plus Mormon religious ideology, they would lose interest in it presumably.

Xiraiya

Never been interested in trying anything like that, I have no need to experience them in any form.
I'm not going to judge someone who's smoked Pot at some point in their life but I don't really care for people who smoke it regularly, when you grow up around people who do, you tend to see both the long and short term problems of it.
So I on one hand I wouldn't care if it was legalized, but I could also do without it getting more common around me.

I agree and one of the biggest issues is making sure the audience doesn't know where the source/inspiration comes from.
As in, if people found out Star Wars was ripped from WW2 and Nazi propaganda, plus Mormon religious ideology, they would lose interest in it presumably.
I don't know, background info like that always makes a series or story more interesting to me.

360pages

Well almost everything has been done before unless you're willing to go out for the straight up bizarre.

I think starting with a rather stock idea and expanding the more you finish something is always important. I should really write that next chapter sooner or later.

Never been interested in trying anything like that, I have no need to experience them in any form.

I'm not going to judge someone who's smoked Pot at some point in their life but I don't really care for people who smoke it regularly, when you grow up around people who do, you tend to see both the long and short term problems of it.

So I on one hand I wouldn't care if it was legalized, but I could also do without it getting more common around me.

Australia has bigger problems that legalizing pot.

Like how to deal with everything killing you or those crazy prisoners or those goddamn drop bears.

I don't know, background info like that always makes a series or story more interesting to me

There's a bit of overlap with communities like sci-fi nerds and atheism/agnosticism, so I only use Star Wars as an example of how even the most sci-fi of sci-fi has some religious aspects intertwined.

It's really interesting and there a book out on the Production of the first 2 movies. I forgot what it's called, but it was by the other producer involved that wasn't George Lucas.

Ah Gary Kurtz was his name.

Oberon

Banned
Who ever invented the circle pad should get tarred and feathered and trown down a cliff
"Try to up B now!"

Anyhow, what did I miss? Drugs? Lewd stuff?
Have you guys read prison School? Because you should!

Zenfalcia

I think it's just the sheer amount of it, it's the largest section in every fandom. I can filter it out, but then other problems start to arise.

Also there's the fanbase of a material trying to make something. Not everyone is a good writer.

Well almost everything has been done before unless you're willing to go out for the straight up bizarre.

I think starting with a rather stock idea and expanding the more you finish something is always important. I should really write that next chapter sooner or later.

Like a Bizarre adventure?

Or have an idea and try to make it work in a story. Like a world where no one can age.

360pages

Also there's the fanbase of a material trying to make something. Not everyone is a good writer.

Like a Bizarre adventure?

Or have an idea and try to make it work in a story. Like a world where no one can age.

True, but practice makes perfect, though it might be due to the fact fanbases just don't enjoy getting better at writing and just want to tell the story. Which means a lot of lead up and build up to things instead of them just happening.

I mean when it took me four chapters to reach the first true action scene and another five to reach another I can see why people want to avoid building scenes and what not.

It's not for the faint of heart. Lots and lots of drug use and general insanity.

Very bizarre world building, as I'm trying to make the main character an outcast, rather than him fit in. Also, it's not a very long story.

I should probably write something more positive too.

360pages

It's not for the faint of heart. Lots and lots of drug use and general insanity.

Very bizarre world building, as I'm trying to make the main character an outcast, rather than him fit in. Also, it's not a very long story.

Write what you want, I wouldn't write something that dark, but if you want, go for it.

Zenfalcia

Who ever invented the circle pad should get tarred and feathered and trown down a cliff
"Try to up B now!"

Anyhow, what did I miss? Drugs? Lewd stuff?
Have you guys read prison School? Because you should!

Circle pad is pretty garbage imo. I like the dpad too much.

Only read prison school if you like lewdness and AMAZING PLOT.

True, but practice makes perfect, though it might be due to the fact fanbases just don't enjoy getting better at writing and just want to tell the story. Which means a lot of lead up and build up to things instead of them just happening.

I mean when it took me four chapters to reach the first true action scene and another five to reach another I can see why people want to avoid building scenes and what not.

They want to build onto the existing story amd create their own story.

Depends on the context, but sure. It leads the reader alittle if you dont give them morsels of interest between.. i hope you paced it well.

I like outcast protagonists. The outsiders is one of my favorite books of all time. So is of mice and men.

People ostracized by society become amazing characters in written fiction. You get to see the thought processes of how that person can feel.

Also one of my favorite genres are detective stories, pulp stuff, like Raymond Chandler.

Why is everyone talking about drugs?

*shrugs*

360pages

Circle pad is pretty garbage imo. I like the dpad too much.

Only read prison school if you like lewdness and AMAZING PLOT.

They want to build onto the existing story amd create their own story.

Depends on the context, but sure. It leads the reader alittle if you dont give them morsels of interest between.. i hope you paced it well.

True, though that time in between is usually used for character development. Writing action is fine, but I think characters interacting with one another is far more enjoyable.

Zenfalcia

Sounds interesting? What's the setting? Post apocalypic? Present day? Female or male mc? NEED MORE DETAILS.

Sounds interesting? What's the setting? Post apocalypic? Present day? Female or male mc? NEED MORE DETAILS.

The first story has a male MC. Second has a female. First story revolves around a hit gone wrong. Second is a revenge story.

Takes place in what seems to be the most idolized time in America, the eighties. Especially 80s Miami. Both characters are outcasted, because they do not follow societal behaviors.

And because they are deranged murders, but whatever. That's besides the point.

Write what you want, I wouldn't write something that dark, but if you want, go for it.

A well done dark story is my favorite thing. I like my positive stories all the same, but when they is some feeling of actual consequence and the main character actually might not be right all the time, I'm hooked.

I'm trying to avoid edge though. I do have a very black sense of humor.

360pages

You like the drama aspect of stories more than the other stuff then?

I wouldn't call it drama, just scenes to enhance the characters. To show what they like and dislike and how they act the way that they do and why.

I will say there is no main villain, it's very scenario based. With new characters and situation presenting new problems. There isn't really an over arcing villain for more than 8 chapters then we move on to the next. Heck a large portion of fights and events are usually misunderstandings.

You just wanna be around when it gets lewd. I'm onto you.

GIF-busting-up-cracking-up-Dinner-for-Schmucks-giggle-giggles-giggling-happy-happy-tears-laugh-laughing-overjoyed-Steve-Carell-GIF.gif

The first story has a male MC. Second has a female.

Takes place in what seems to be the most idolized time in America, the eighties. Especially 80s Miami. Both characters are outcasted, because they do not follow societal behaviors.

Sounds like Hotline Miami/Vice City.

Zenfalcia

The first story has a male MC. Second has a female.

Hmm.. ok.. interesting and they are killing people for no reason?

What if they become a couple. Married murderers who murder together
and get off on it. :|

Sounds like Hotline Miami/Vice City.
It's not though, even though they are influences.

Hmm.. ok.. interesting and they are killing people for no reason?

What if they become a couple. Married murderers who murder together
and get off on it. :|

Nope. Everything has a reason on why it's happening. Even though that reply actually might be a spoiler.

No romance here, pal.

Zenfalcia

Well...

Maybe...
Seriously, don't go too far tho you guys

There's not enough lewd avatars to even do the full revisit complete with avatar quoting.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Born_Killers

Written by Tarantino too.

I was tempted to say Bonnie and Clyde too, but that wasn't a mass murderer couple.

I'm not surprised.

It's not though, even though they are influences.

Nope. Everything has a reason on why it's happening. Even though that reply actually might be a spoiler.

No romance here, pal.

Everything always has a reason. Like advancing the plot. Creating a situation where a girl and guy are locked up in a room
and lewd stuff happens

But but.. romance D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom