• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

You're not missing out on much since we cover a ton of stuff in here. I don't really go to other community threads. I used to hang out in PersonaGAF and AnimeGAF, but I've slowly stopped. Now I mostly just hang out in here and Gaming.

Yeah we talk about so much that I feel like I'm covered on gaming news here...plus you guys are cool

You're not missing out on much since we cover a ton of stuff in here. I don't really go to other community threads. I used to hang out in PersonaGAF and AnimeGAF, but I've slowly stopped. Now I mostly just hang out in here and Gaming.

Most of the interesting stuff from other topics ends up here anyway, if you're there to catch it. I sometimes lurk Gaming, but in most of the topics people just start either circlejerking or arguing with eachother almost immediately.

While I was still waiting to have my account be approved I used to lurk PersonaGAF. I check out some other Community threads, like I lurk Figure GAF, but I'm also mostly here.

I hardly post in Gaming either, just because I find myself without much to contrite since usually other people state my opinions word for word.

360pages

Writing, still writing. I'm wondering what I'm going to write next, hell I'm wondering if the people that are reading the junk I wrote are actually enjoying it.

It's a strange feeling over all. I might actually show some of my work to writers Gaf after I edit some of it (They are on a completely different level compared to me and I want to give them the best possible version of anything I write for them to see)

NHL GAF in on OT Community right? Community side is fine, but OT itself is a mixture of amazing and terrible.

It's only going to get more confusing.

I hate to admit this but I enjoy OT a bit more than the regular forum for all the craziness. Great threads get birthed from OT.

Everyone getting ready for Canadian Thanksgiving? mmm the best time of year. Delicious Turkey and Yummy Strawberry cheesecake.

Jman014

I think this thread is enough for me that I don't need to be posting elsewhere. 10/10 would recommend.

Squishy3

Everything else seems fine. The only way in to the house is a small window in the bathroom.
Crack head must've saw it and thought "You know what would complete my life. That toilet seat"

Fuck.

PS, I am actually going to the cops over this. They're not going to do anything, but I got to do something
He's totally going to be wearing it as a necklace.

He's totally going to be wearing it as a necklace.
Better go look around outside in case I see some dope fiend wearing it like a necklace.
He's on it.
NGE Episode 3
pretty meh episode, the ending was pretty cool though with shinji stabbing the angel
Keep posting your thoughts, I wanna see your reactions to the later stuff. The approach you're coming at it with makes me curious how you'll react.

So i had a mini panic attack today I thought my cat snuck out of my house but nope he was hiding underneath the sheets of my guest bed.

EQ6IOz8.jpg

Xiraiya

I'm hearing Liam and Pats complaints about Smash, and I'm like, wait they're comparing all this to brawl, but they're talking about the 3DS version?

I feel like persistently comparing them so harshly when one's a handheld game and one's a console game is a bit silly, especially when Liam sounds that butthurt about it.

JoJo94

So i had a mini panic attack today I thought my cat snuck out of my house but nope he was hiding underneath the sheets of my guest bed.

I had one yesterday when I lost my debit card.

I'm hearing Liam and Pats complaints about Smash, and I'm like, wait they're comparing all this to brawl, but they're talking about the 3DS version?

I feel like persistently comparing them so harshly when one's a handheld game and one's a console game is a bit silly.

They mention that a bit later on. They hope that the 3ds version is like a demo kind of for the wii U version if that makes sense.

croten

I feel like persistently comparing them so harshly when one's a handheld game and one's a console game is a bit silly, especially when Liam sounds that butthurt about it.

How so?

Xiraiya

They mention that a bit later on. They hope that the 3ds version is like a demo kind of for the wii U version if that makes sense.

Good, I mean if the Wii U version is exactly the same, then yeah fair enough, that's lazy, but this is a handheld game ultimately and being THAT aggressively critical about it being less than Brawl, which had more than Melee, is like, come on guys...

But maybe I just never have real expectations for any handheld unless it's like, Pokemon.

JoJo94

Good, I mean if the Wii U version is exactly the same, then yeah fair enough, that's lazy, but this is a handheld game ultimately and being THAT aggressively critical about it being less than Brawl, which had more than Melee, is like, come on guys...

But maybe I just never have real expectations for any handheld unless it's like, Pokemon.

It all depends honestly. I think the main thing I agree with them on is that I'm a bit disappointed in the roster. Granted it's still good and so is the game itself (despite not playing it waiting for Wii U) I wish more changes were made to current characters. ALso disappointed in clones still a bit.

CHanges move wise I should say not sure how balanced it is.

I think it's just it being the first new Smash since Brawl. Liam says he expected a Melee-level of content, but it's actually less than that.

They say they just want the Wii U version to rectify that complaint.
It all depends honestly. I think the main thing I agree with them on is that I'm a bit disappointed in the roster. Granted it's still good and so is the game itself (despite not playing it waiting for Wii U) I wish more changes were made to current characters. ALso disappointed in clones still a bit.

You are a child. It cannot be helped.

Meh. I wouldn't say Liam's "butthurt" but he seems to be upset for all the wrong reasons.

3DS Smash is never going to be Console quality. I don't know why he expects that. What he should complain about, from the complains I've heard, is the bad Wifi netcode. If there is issues with lag and bad connections, on a title means for mainly competitive MP, then he has very valid reasons to gripe.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I think it's just it being the first new Smash since Brawl. Liam says he expected a Melee-level of content, but it's actually less than that.

They say they just want the Wii U version to rectify that complaint.

You are a child. It cannot be helped.
0c3.png

We are all children.

Xiraiya

Yeah but he spent 99% of the time basically being like this is bad because it's less than Brawl, that is literally how he was coming across, even if he tries to sum his complaints up into that one line about Melee-level content, he still spent forever bitching about it compared to Brawl.

The worst thing about Smash's WiFi is that some matches are great and others are terrible. If it was universally bad we could ignore it, but this is like some Skinner Box nightmare

Squishy3

I"M AN ADULLLLLLT

I know, but it's not all clones. I'm mad at just some of them like Lucina and Marth for instance.
Lucina at least isn't as offensive as Dark Pit or Dr. Mario to me because she's a different character in her representative game while Dark Pit is literally a clone of Pit and Dr. Mario is Mario pretending to be a doctor by playing a Tetris like game in people's stomachs. If anything, Marth shouldn't have been in the game.

croten

Lucina at least isn't as offensive as Dark Pit or Dr. Mario to me because she's a different character in her representative game while Dark Pit is literally a clone of Pit and Dr. Mario is Mario pretending to be a doctor by playing a Tetris like game in people's stomachs. If anything, Marth shouldn't have been in the game.

Isn't Dr. Mario supposed to be Mario from Melee? That serves a purpose to me

I disagree with that. Robin is enough Awakening representation.

JoJo94

Lucina at least isn't as offensive as Dark Pit or Dr. Mario. If anything, Marth shouldn't have been in the game.

Why are they their own characters damnit.

Lucina makes me mad mainly because she's not really a Marth clone since she uses a completely different kind of sword from him, and her fighting style doesn't really match.

Why are they their own characters damnit.

Lucina makes me mad mainly because she's not really a Marth clone since she uses a completely different kind of sword from him, and her fighting style doesn't really match.

That is what pisses me off. Lucina should have not been a clone in the first place.

JoJo94

See I don't know if I should respect him for speaking his mind and actually explaining why, or be angry that this is kind of the lazy way out. Don't get me wrong I understand how tough it is to make new characters, but it still bothers me for Lucina and Marth. Pit and Dark Pt should have just been a costume change still, and I slightly understand making Dr.Mario old Mario.

This is the big thing with clones. They're not stealing a roster spot, they're spots that would just have nobody and be nothing otherwise.
See I don't know if I should respect him for speaking his mind and actually explaining why, or be angry that this is kind of the lazy way out. Don't get me wrong I understand how tough it is to make new characters, but it still bothers me for Lucina and Marth. Pit and Dark Pt should have just been a costume change still, and I slightly understand making Dr.Mario old Mario.
Doc's different moveset and Lucina's alternative not-sword-tip-based damage changes mean enough to me to really appreciate them. I may actually play Lucina often, and I have a friend who is really excited to play as old Mario.

Pit I always hate playing as, so I don't even know about Dark Pit. I believe one of his specials and his final smash are different. It's an excuse to get that rad Dark Pit theme in though.

JoJo94

Doc's different moveset and Lucina's alternative not-sword-tip-based damage changes mean enough to me to really appreciate them. I may actually play Lucina often, and I have a friend who is really excited to play as old Mario.

Pit I always hate playing as, so I don't even know about Dark Pit. I believe one of his specials and his final smash are different. It's an excuse to get that rad Dark Pit theme in though.

Yeah take what I saw about this with a grain of salt. I guess I'm just tired of clones a bit. Dark Pit though makes me mad since Pit had a Dark Pit costume in brawl, and I am not sure if he still does.

0c3.png

We are all children.

I believe in context he is correct: the majority of Smash's audience is children (not adult fighting game community members). The fact he also called you guys children is just collateral damage due to imprecise language.

He's totally right either way, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom