• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in context he is correct: the majority of Smash's audience is children (not adult fighting game community members). The fact he also called you guys children is just collateral damage due to imprecise language.

He's totally right either way, though.

We are all babbys.

I can't help but feel salty thinking there's a kid much younger than me who can and will whoop my ass and he's still in school. I hope Pat's proven wrong about those fast twitch skills dying after 24, otherwise in tournaments I'm royally fucked.

That's.. not a bad idea for a Duck Dynasty video. Anyone actually watch that show? I assume it's about hunting ducks.

Hehe youve never watched Duck Dynasty?

You're in for a surprise.

NGE episode 4
ok after watching this episode the last episode makes more sense being a way to set up Shinjis character. What i get so far is that hes a yes man who hates being a yes man and doesnt want to upset anyone or get close to them. The whole Hedgehogs dillema that they talk about i guess, one thing i like about shinji is that hes a coward, but he owns up to it. He knows hes a little bitch and tries to get the job done even if he hates what hes doing. I dunno maybe I misanalyzed, im not amazing and dissecting characters. Also why are cicadas always associated with going nuts in anime, are cicadas just cuthulu?

Yeah take what I saw about this with a grain of salt. I guess I'm just tired of clones a bit. Dark Pit though makes me mad since Pit had a Dark Pit costume in brawl, and I am not sure if he still does.

I'm pretty sure some of Dark Pit's specials work way differently, but I also think Pit has a dark haired Dark Pit alt still, yeah.

Clones really don't bother me. They take no time for them to make, and they make some people happy that they can play as them. Liam loving Ganondorf being a good example.
Plus: Seriously, dat theme tho

the 3DS version is a Animal Crossing rip off no joke.
Holy shit LOL
NGE episode 4
ok after watching this episode the last episode makes more sense being a way to set up Shinjis character. What i get so far is that hes a yes man who hates being a yes man and doesnt want to upset anyone or get close to them. The whole Hedgehogs dillema that they talk about i guess, one thing i like about shinji is that hes a coward, but he owns up to it. He knows hes a little bitch and tries to get the job done even if he hates what hes doing. I dunno maybe I misanalyzed, im not amazing and dissecting characters

I don't wanna change your opinion by saying anything. Keep the updates coming, I'm interested :p

DP. Oops.

JoJo94

He does! His differences to Mario in this game are the same as Melee. I don't know where the "old Mario" thing comes from.

I think it's because he has the move set of melee mario...I think.

I'm pretty sure some of Dark Pit's specials work way differently, but I also think Pit has a dark haired Dark Pit alt still, yeah.

Clones really don't bother me. They take no time for them to make, and they make some people happy that they can play as them. Liam loving Ganondorf being a good example.
Plus: Seriously, dat theme tho

I'll just have to grow up and deal. all the music in Uprising is great.

Oberon

Banned
No he isn't

RoySSB4.png

Finally played through the Bayo 2 Demo this afternoon. Got Gold ranking overall (Silver, Gold, Gold), though my combo scores were mostly shit.

I fucking need to work on my dodge offset.

360pages

All Koopalings made it in so I can't complain,

DR Mario is alright and I rather have Lucina be a clone then her not make it in at all.

Dark Pit on the other had.

Why are people shitting on Smash clones in this new game when the series has always been getting clones? Just be happy we got them instead of nothing, you children.

They find him greatly annoying.

He like every other Lord before him, a guy with a personality of a wet paper bag. If hating him for having shit stats is an valid excuse, then Ike is the defacto best Fire Emblem MC in the entire series.

NGE Episode 5
ok so Rei is pretty interesting, i dunno if she has a thing for Gendo or just admires him, but i do thing she holds him in high regards.
Also dont get why Gendo would worry so much about her since he seems like a pretty uncaring guy. I mean he was going to have her pilot Unit 01 back in the first episode if Shinji wasnt going to and she was still injured.
Also fuck that Angel for the spawn kill thats some cheap bullshit.

I would have preferred Dark Pit just not being in the game.

I hate his character design

Have you ever played Kid Icarus Uprising? I did and because of that I enjoy his inclusion in Smash. He's like one of the best example of an evil doppelganger in all of video games.

Village

Then don't use him but don't pretend like his inclusion in the game somehow makes the game worse
I never said that.

I would just prefer he wasn't in the game.

Also my disdain for his design goes back to uprising.

His design is lazy, he's not a doppelganger character, he's an entirely differently person ( kinda ) with different motivations, and character design should portray an entirely different person. Not a doppelganger, he's more of a temporarily rival. Whats worse is , all they had to do is give him a different hair style change the color and boom I wouldn't be complaining, of course I would rather then like change is robes up but I dunno. I do not like his design.

Have you ever played Kid Icarus Uprising? I did and because of that I enjoy his inclusion in Smash. He's like one of the best example of an evil doppelganger in all of video games.

I did.

360pages

I wish Dark Pit had his own moveset, like give him a copy and paste version of Pits Brawl moveset, then at least he would play differently outside of one move and weight changes.

NGE Episode 5
ok so Rei is pretty interesting, i dunno if she has a thing for Gendo or just admires him, but i do thing she holds him in high regards.
Also dont get why Gendo would worry so much about her since he seems like a pretty uncaring guy. I mean he was going to have her pilot Unit 01 back in the first episode if Shinji wasnt going to and she was still injured.
Also fuck that Angel for the spawn kill thats some cheap bullshit.

Oh God, please keep updating!

croten

I never said that.

I would just prefer he wasn't in the game.

Also my disdain for his design goes back to uprising.

His design is lazy, he's not a doppelganger character, he's an entirely differently person ( kinda ) with different motivations, and character design should portray an entirely different person. Not a doppelganger, he's more of a temporarily rival. Whats worse is , all they had to do is give him a different hair style change the color and boom I wouldn't be complaining, of course I would rather then like change is robes up but I dunno. I do not like his design.

I did.

You would prefer he wasn't in the game even though you admit that he doesn't make the game worse? I would assume some people like him which means that his inclusion was worth while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom