• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even when mocked as reckless and crazy!
If there's a wall in our way, we knock it down! If there isn't a path then we break one ourselves!
The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Super-Ultra-Combining, Gurren Lagann!
Just who...
In the hell...
DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

You're welcome for the push, by the way

Alfebit

Banned
His videos aren't for me either, but I can understand why some people may like it. Like I said, the ones who just flat out copy him are much worse

That's pretty much my opinion on people who try to copy anyone else's style. You're most likely not going to steal their audience away and you make yourself look like an idiot.

Zenfalcia

Squishy3

Which anime should I prioritize? Gurren or Ippo?
Finish Gurren first, as it's short compared to Ippo. Ippo has around 120 episodes + a movie and an OVA that happen after the first season, with around 500 more chapters of the manga, while Gurren Lagann is just 27 episodes and the two movies.

You could always just get a normal one and you know, paint it
Or he could get a way cooler Light Suit Samus for $365
vertical.jpg

It's on my list, but JoJo has priority due to how often it's talked about here.
That's a weird choice. I'd say watching the self contained arcs of JoJo is more easily watched than 120 episodes. They have pretty different appeals.

Go for JoJo, because I'm biased and love it. Some of the best stuff, parts 4 and 7, aren't animated though. You can roll on the Part 3 S2 train with us though.

NO PART 2????????????

I love part one, in fact I love 1,2 and 3. But 2 is universally seen as the best of the three adaptations (so far) for a reason.

Wouldn't starting at Part 2 be the worst possible advice? I would not get Part 2 if not for either Part 1 or 3

I got my brother to watch Jojo my way.

No berserk? Or did you already read/watched it.
I'll be reading it in my classes.

NO PART 2????????????

I love part one, in fact I love 1,2 and 3. But 2 is universally seen as the best of the three adaptations (so far) for a reason.
Not understanding 2 without 1 is seen as pretty commonly agreed upon. Many people recommend Part 1 just to get Part 2.
So wait, I'm saying I'm watching JoJo first and you're saying that's a weird choice and recommend me to watch JoJo first as well?
Poor wording, I meant that's a strange comparison to make. Ippo and JoJo are pretty different while both being kickass.
The first arc is weird and weak by comparison. I you power through it to Part 2 It'll be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom