• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

Wouldn't starting at Part 2 be the worst possible advice? I would not get Part 2 if not for either Part 1 or 3

I got my brother to watch Jojo my way.
You miss so much not watching part 1. There's literally no reason to not watch from the beginning. And if he starts at part 3 and then goes back to part 1 he's already like "I know how part 1 ends." and then if he moves onto part 2 he's again like "i know the general ending" and it greatly detracts from the enjoyment.

part 1 and 2 spoilers:
He'll be like "I know Jonathan and Dio die on the boat at the end of part 1." and he knows Joseph survives part 2, and loses his hand if he watches part 3 first. It will detract from the experience, even if it's just slightly, it detracts.

Woof.. sure, i just hope your classmates are ok with what they'll accidentally see on your monitor.
I'd say
cIJt2rz.png

sjay1994

I know, I know. Still, JoJo first. Ippo either second or third. Depends on whether I want to watch Bebop first.

Soon

So wait, I'm saying I'm watching JoJo first and you're saying that's a weird choice and recommend me to watch JoJo first as well?

You haven't seen beboop either?

You have work to do

You miss so much not watching part 1. There's literally no reason to not watch from the beginning. And if he starts at part 3 and then goes back to part 1 he's already like "I know how part 1 ends." and then if he moves onto part 2 he's again like "i know the general ending" and it greatly detracts from the enjoyment.
People still watched Fate/Zero after Fate/Stay Night.

Now that there's the 2012 anime it's easier to tell people to watch it instead of reading Part 1, since the art and Fist of the North Star ripoff second half makes it rough for some people.

It was commonly said that Part 3 is the best place to latch on if you dislike Part 1 that much, but Part 2 is worth it. Part 3 is just a good way to get people into the series if they're about to drop it.

Not understanding 2 without 1 is seen as pretty commonly agreed upon. Many people recommend Part 1 just to get Part 2.

Part 1 is seen as not being as good as 2. But the first episode is probably one of my favorites in the whole show. Its just
how big of a dick can Dio be to jojo in 24 minutes?
Its like the greatest thing ever.

The only thing Jojo that I've watched was that awesome Jotaro vs Dio OVA, I spoiled myself on many important things because I watched that.

Otherwise I'm sticking to very slowly reading the manga.

Part 1 is seen as not being as good as 2. But the first episode is probably one of my favorites in the whole show. Its just
how big of a dick can Dio be to jojo in 24 minutes?
Its like the greatest thing ever.
I love the first few volumes and chapter of JoJo part 1. The more I reread it and rewatch it the more I love it. It's the strongest part of Part 1. I love the household childhood drama.

I love the first few volumes and chapter of JoJo part 1. The more I reread it and rewatch it the more I love it. It's the strongest part of Part 1. I love the household childhood drama.

Its a great introduction to the series and shows you exactly what you're getting into. Its not perfect, but its got one of the greatest villains ever and some crazy Jojo shit. But yeah, part 2 is just so so good in comparison.

Squishy3

People still watched Fate/Zero after Fate/Stay Night.
This is not remotely comparable, because there's stuff in Fate/Zero that's never explained in F/SN. One also comes after, and different people get different things out of it if they've played/watched F/SN or not. Fate is really weird in that way.

Whereas Jojo's is released in a format where everything is a continuation, and there's no such thing as a prequel.

Its a great introduction to the series and shows you exactly what you're getting into. Its not perfect, but its got one of the greatest villains ever and some crazy Jojo shit. But yeah, part 2 is just so so good in comparison.
The anime speeds up the pacing and adds a lot of style to it. The original manga Part 1 turned into the anime benefits from the better artstyle, and from a lot of the reworked pacing, but I kinda wish they hadn't sped up the childhood drama angle that much.

2=4=7>1 first half > 6>3>1 second half >5>8

ultimax

"Jojo, if you question this medicine, you question our friendship."

/dead

Archgan

The anime speeds up the pacing and adds a lot of style to it. The original manga Part 1 turned into the anime benefits from the better artstyle, and from a lot of the reworked pacing, but I kinda wish they hadn't sped up the childhood drama angle that much.

2=4=7>1 first half > 6>3>1 second half >5>8

This is similar to my ranking but I would probably put 8 after 3.
The beetle fights won me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom