• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUCK
OH MY GOD MY WALLET WHY
HOLY SHIT
I'm buying this when I have money to. Holy shit.
Thaaaank yooooouuuu

IUnderstoodThatReference.gif
You welcome. I can't spend any more money until we can do the Secret Santa thing or else I would take the last one.
Eh, Digital Devil Saga has a better soundtrack.

Nocturne's still good, though.
I'll put it on my OST and Vidya game lists.
No, they gave him Ryo's Forward Back Forward Punch special.

GIT GUD AT FIGHTING GAMES NERDS
I haven't played much of SSIV Ryu. I only played one of the anniversery collection ryus

Eh, Digital Devil Saga has a better soundtrack.

Nocturne's still good, though.
Hey you know what, from what I've played of DDS it's pretty damn close. The final boss music from DDS2 was spoiled for me and it's beyond awesome.

Fun fact, the normal battle theme has 7 variations it loops through in Nocturne. Some people don't catch it. It changes the guitar riff after each chorus, some sound really sick.
You welcome. I can't spend any more money until we can do the Secret Santa thing or else I would take the last one..
The used copies look way more reasonably priced anyway.

360pages

Edited the first six chapters of my currently 11 chapter story and completely finished editing my currently 4 chapter other story.

So any one is interested in reading them I feel a little better with letting them do so without wanting to jump off a bridge

Xiraiya

[5:25:26 PM] Xiraiya: I can't use touchscreens
[5:25:33 PM] VidulaSaix: Oh my god you're so fucking old
[5:25:37 PM] VidulaSaix: Don't be that guy
[5:25:38 PM] VidulaSaix: Haha
[5:30:29 PM] Xiraiya: It's bullshit, I press one letter and it either autocompletes the wrong thing or it presses other letters at the same time somehow whenever it feels like
[5:30:51 PM] Xiraiya: It's probably some measure of "convenience" for retarded people that is getting in my way
[5:31:28 PM] VidulaSaix: be older
[5:32:20 PM] Xiraiya: You're older than I am

I had to deal with a tablet today while my PC was out of action, it was... a learning experience.

The used copies look way more reasonably priced anyway.
Yeah, but I gotta use my student prime thingie. I don't wanna wait 2-3 weeks for it and prime is currently free for me.
No, it's Ryo. The character Dan is making fun of. This is the new move Dan does in that video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScFIbH-qOc#t=27
I see it now. I need to put more hours into KOF13
This is still the best sound link. Also sorry.

Oh I love Prime, I just mean that for that one item I'd rather save $30. I can be paitent. Probably.

I also found P2:IS, not sure if it includes the remixes from the PSP version.

It looks like the newer one so I think its only from the PSP remake, so I guess only the remixes? God damn it Amazon and restock your SMT+Spinoffs OSTs!

ultimax

Yeah someone from PersonaGAF posted in their thread about it. Hopefully that deal will still be up tomarrow. I can't buy itnow.
result.jpg

i like how they replaced everyone with best girl
You know what else you can get for 5 dollars?

A used copy of THIS

If you're gonna make me play shadow, im gonna make you play this

So I went fucking nuts earlier about DA:I and it turns out that Origin a shit and I need to be running both it AND Inquisition as an administrator. I did, and the game started long enough to tell me to upgrade my GPU driver. So in about 10 minutes, I will be able to play 30 minutes of the game before collapsing and waking up for a 9 AM class tomorrow.

I was CERTAIN Pat was going to have a hard time dodging Ruvik lol but looks like he figured out that you just have to "stay calm and keep walking".

That said I'm certain there's no way they would figure out the next puzzle, yup no way at all.

Kudos for having the balls to disarm those higher difficulty bomb traps lol.

EDIT:

I noticed that when the enemies are eating, they don't ever get distracted by anything except by the player's presence. Yeah that one Haunted Lady with the knife was bullshit, never encountered that problem before, but my speculation was that she bugged out while in alert mode?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This is the 2nd week in a row ive forgotten about the podcast, the thing was I was looking forward to it all day today

sjay1994

I'm bored

Lets talk about things

Oh yeah, bloodborne demo at the geoff keighly thing on friday.

Wonder if we will get a lets watch of that like e3 and gamescom

The gameplay can't be that bad can it? I hope its not that boring average combat of P3/P4

I can't get any more hyped than this.
Let me put it this way. It's old as shit, but unlike SMT 1 and 2, they piled on extra mechanics that were not great and make the gameplay feel more obtuse than it should be. Like, SMT 1 is old, but there's nothing complex about it's gameplay to wrap your head around.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed now and try to not have DDR songs dominating my subconscious as I sleep. That is the one game where I've actually had dreams about it when I played it so much back in the day.

I'm bored

Lets talk about things

Oh yeah, bloodborne demo at the geoff keighly thing on friday.

Wonder if we will get a lets watch of that like e3 and gamescom
I need to gunjump some Bloodborne soon, I need it.
It won't happen soon
The gameplay can't be that bad can it? I hope its not that boring average combat of P3/P4
I haven't played P3/4, but it's super fucking nothing, and party members only gain XP if they did shit, and it's split on how much damage they did. So your lower leveled members can stay underleveled if you don't tell your power house to calm the fuck down

Alfebit

Banned
That said I'm certain there's no way they would figure out the next puzzle, yup no way at all.

Kudos for having the balls to disarm those higher difficulty bomb traps lol.

I'm expecting him to have to brute force his way through that safe puzzle. He's a lot better disarming those bombas than I am, that's for sure.

Look, I prefer P2 now that I'm playing it but you're crazy if you think P2 plays better in battles.
I'm actually crazy. I really like trying to find and do fusion spells. It lets me change the orders on the fly. I can't stand the bland nature of average rpg systems. Atleast the new pokemon games have depth.

I'm gonna watch the new episode of Inou Battle and try to sleep while I wait for my PS4 to be delivered tomorrow. Please get excite.
I'm actually crazy. I really like trying to find and do fusion spells. It lets me change the orders on the fly. I can't stand the bland nature of average rpg systems. Atleast the new pokemon games have depth.
Yech. I guess. It's all so fucking slow by default though. Even with turning off animations it feels slow. If it all played as fast as modern RPGs it'd be fine.

My favorite battle systems are Chrono Trigger and Nocturne. So I dunno. Opinions.

I haven't played P3/4, but it's super fucking nothing, and party members only gain XP if they did shit, and it's split on how much damage they did. So your lower leveled members can stay underleveled if you don't tell your power house to calm the fuck down
Ok that sounds really bad. I'll try and continue when I do play it.
I'd assume they would have them pre recorded. I really like the lets watches they put out.
They could forget to put it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom