• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be anyone of us!

He could be you!

He could be me!

He could even be- *shot*.

McBain-Mendoza.jpg

Good morning guys. I go home today! Yippee.

I'm going to celebrate going home by taking a nice long shower to reflect on my life. Introspection.

Not really. She's fully clothed this time.

I'm listening to the podcast again.. I think i have a problem..
Pm your avatars, brah. I didn't see it.

Zenfalcia

Good morning guys. I go home today! Yippee.

I'm going to celebrate going home by taking a nice long shower to reflect on my life. Introspection.

Pm your avatars, brah. I didn't see it.

Hurray, you can also listen to the podcast while you do that.

It's the avatar I have now that they're commenting on.

I think I can see why it's so bad now...

I would listen again when you have nothing to do.

It's finneeee...

I have stuff to do.. just really bored.

Zenfalcia

Ah gotta love working outdoors, it's refreshing but fuck you hands get cold.

Liam says all the songs are from the older PSP games and he does not like the new scratch notes.

Wear some warm gloves then.

Not quite new but differently designed and laid out... I know this is just arguing semantics.

Wear some warm gloves then.

Not quite new but differently designed and laid out... I know this is just arguing semantics.
Well a newer version of the notes then. Nah you need your finger dexterity, you don't want to be dropping anything when you are in a lift 50 feet in the air :p

A bad rhythm game: Rhythm thief & the emperor's treasure

A good rhythm game: Rhythm heaven/paradise.
You could literally play that game with your eyes closed and just use you ears

The knife slashes seems really cool when you think about it, but i don't know how much it'll be when you actually play it.
It does sound cool, but still the gimmicks needs to follow the rhythm.
A bad rhythm game: Rhythm thief & the emperor's treasure

A good rhythm game: Rhythm heaven/paradise.
You could literally play that game with your eyes closed and just use you ears
I'll put both Rhythm Heaven and Paradise on my lists. Should I pick them up before Elite Agent beats?

Zenfalcia

I didn't either. What happen.

Nothing, just people commenting on my new avatar for the day and I guess my wording implied that there was a different one?

It's not going to be lewd tomorrow, just warning you now.

It'll be even cooler if it had visuals that made the same slashing pattern needed to be inputted

demidar

Let's talk about Smash. ZSS is really really good, high jumper, fast and good-ish range, and she has a Killer Bee. So is Little Mac but that's to be expected, can't fall into the trap of constantly doing dash attacks because his normals are so strong. Also Shulk is really good too, especially his aerials. Haven't gotten the hang of his Monado arts yet but I'm still just trying everyone new out.

360pages

Let's talk about Smash. ZSS is really really good, high jumper, fast and good-ish range, and she has a Killer Bee. So is Little Mac but that's to be expected, can't fall into the trap of constantly doing dash attacks because his normals are so strong. Also Shulk is really good too, especially his aerials. Haven't gotten the hang of his Monado arts yet but I'm still just trying everyone new out.

I haven't really been playing any of the new characters.

Fox, Falco, DeDeDe Kirby and sometimes Lucario and Pikachu.

Fox and Falco are actually really good.

Zenfalcia

How does the game feel compared to the older ones?

Hey, I have to mix it up sometimes. I'll try to make them funny or cool. One of the two.

Probably misread it then. Eh, your avatar is fine, mods don't care as long as there isn't actual nudity.

Yes, which is what I'm trying to avoid, but some of these.. woof.. i'm almost tempted to use them and get creative with them.

It's not going to be lewd tomorrow, just warning you now.

It'll be even cooler if it had visuals that made the same slashing pattern needed to be inputted
Booo.

Why not both? It can't be that hard.
Probably misread it then. Eh, your avatar is fine, mods don't care as long as there isn't actual nudity.
I guess its ok to have one of "those" bullet girls avatar then. It would be a great as a avatar bet ante. *Evil laugh*

I'll put both Rhythm Heaven and Paradise on my lists. Should I pick them up before Elite Agent beats?

Rhythm heaven and rhythm paradise are the same, just different names for NA and EU.
They both play somewhat differently, EBA has actual songs and require you to hit circles at the right time on the screen, while rhythm paradise uses simple taps and flicks in tune to the rhythm and beats. Pick up whatever you feel like,their both good

Zenfalcia

Better than Brawl. Almost as good as Melee.

Fox and Pikachu are good, Lucario is fantastic and Falco, Dedede and Kirby are sub-par in my experience.

But what about speed and the overall feel of the game?

Please understand.

Booo.

Why not both? It can't be that hard.

I guess its ok to have one of "those" bullet girls avatar then. It would be a great as a avatar bet ante. *Evil laugh*

Because there's not that many of both and... i'll see what I can do... Just don't expect it soon.

Also, not everyone likes it.. so I thought I might try to appeal to them..

Fox and Pikachu are good, Lucario is fantastic and Falco, Dedede and Kirby are sub-par in my experience.

Pikachu good? You played the same Smash 4 I played?

Kirby lost some of his/her speed and mobility, which is key to my tournament playstyle.

Fox however is really tournament good, Mid tier balanced IMO.

They did something to lucario and I don't know what it is, I loved playing him in brawl but something is just off in this version.

So what does everyone think of olimar? He's pretty great

360pages

Really out of all of them I find Lucario is easily the worst,

DeDeDe I have the most wins with, probably because people have no idea how to fight him.

With all that said, Charizard is still the legit worst character in the game, even if I like playing as him sometimes.

Does Fox still drop out of the air like a ton of bricks? I always hated that about him, I preferred Falco for the reason that he felt floatier, but not too floaty.

I haven't really noticed until you brought it up just now. I'd have to double check but I believe he's quick to the ground.

Zenfalcia

Aside from being distasteful and blatantly "borderline" on purpose, for whatever reason.

It's fine.

Sure, i'll try to do that.

A major improvement over Brawl. It's fast enough and after having experienced the lackluster 3DS version, the Wii U version's controls are sublime.
Pretty much.See? Even Xiraiya agrees.

The 3ds version was not great, maybe it was the controls or just the tiny size of the screen that made it not fun to play. It's probably better with a gamecube or pro controller?

Ok. If you guys say it's too much I'll change it, just speak up and tell me.

360pages

Good might have been an overstatement, but he's decent after the latest patch.
I'm personally more a Greninja/Sheik/ZSS player, all of which are great. I still find some of the nerfs Sheik and Greninja got baffling however.

I've never come even remotely close to losing to an Olimar, but neither have I ever played him. I don't know.
I strongly disagree with you then.

I'm not saying he's bad, I actually think DeDeDe is really good most of the time.

Good might have been an overstatement, but he's decent after the latest patch.
I'm personally more a Greninja/Sheik/ZSS player, all of which are great. I still find some of the nerfs Sheik and Greninja got baffling however.

I've never come even remotely close to losing to an Olimar, but neither have I ever played him. I don't know.
I strongly disagree with you then.

There were nerfs?

Playing with them in Smash Tour, I got the overwhelming opinion that they weren't touched at all.

Man they are really getting hyped up for Gaim. They really need to finish it. I haven't gotten that far on the podcast.

Podcast spoier:
The amiibo cockfighting gaim thing is the best thing.

Zenfalcia

I agreed it's "fine" in the context that you couldn't justify a mod doing something about it based on that image alone.

However, my personal opinion is a separate matter.

I just don't know why you want the most suggestive avatars you can get.

I can guess people's opinions for those who don't exactly like it.

Humour based on reactions and some of them are stuff I've read/played/watched/enjoy that I just want to display. I also like the idea of stuff being SFW only due to cropping? I'm a weird person.

Podcast spoier:
The amiibo cockfighting gaim thing is the best thing.

They already did it. I just want a salty bet version of it and it'll be fantastic.

360pages

Sure, i'll try to do that.

The 3ds version was not great, maybe it was the controls or just the tiny size of the screen that made it not fun to play. It's probably better with a gamecube or pro controller?

Ok. If you guys say it's too much I'll change it, just speak up and tell me.

Nah, it's fine, it's one thing to post something suggestive on the board, but you can do whatever you want to your Avatar. It's yours and no one really have the right to complain about it as long as it doesn't break any of the rules.

Given the nature of Smash Tour, I don't think it's a good measure of any changes to characters.

I've used Greninja in vanilla Smash matches. He/she has some stuff, especially solo B's Ice Shuriken.

Sheik was the only character that was used in Smash Tour exclusively, so maybe I need to check again in Vanilla.

It seems like a lot of people like that about him, it usually just caused me problems.

Well, I main Falcon a lot, so I'm used to characters who drop like stones. I abuse Down B sometimes.

Alright Smash time. Diddy Kong is still OP and Rosalina is still pretty good. ZSS is great too, and Fox feels good again.

Lucina is basically a nubby, worse Marth, Little Mac is really bad, Falco still sucks, Zelda still needs some help, why nerf Shiek, pls fix Samus, etc etc. Leach is finally good again, and Bowser is fantastic.

Xiraiya

I also like the idea of stuff being SFW only due to cropping? I'm a weird person.
You're not, I've come across so many people with that sort of mindset that it's not even funny, it's surprisingly normal.
I always saw it like a kid pushing the boundaries just to be a shit, but that's mainly with the people who get all uppity and angry when you call them out on stuff like that, which is not what you've been doing.

It occurs to me I've basically been an old man my entire time on the internet, even from like 14.

360pages

Alright Smash time. Diddy Kong is still OP and Rosalina is still pretty good. ZSS is great too, and Fox feels good again.

Lucina is basically a nubby, worse Marth, Little Mac is really bad, Falco still sucks, Zelda still needs some help, why nerf Shiek, pls fix Samus, etc etc. Leach is finally good again, and Bowser is fantastic.

Rosilina is rather annoying to fight, especially with DeDeDe. I managed to beat her, but she isn't fin to fight at all. I rather fight Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom