• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I'm pretty sure there's already character customization included without Amiibos, with move and stat modifiers that are unlocked through normal play. I haven't explored this in the WiiU version, but you could in the 3DS version at least.

But I do think the Amiibo functionality could have been expanded a bit. I only imagine that Nintendo will do so given their current popularity.
The Amiibo functionality in Smash probably comes down to Smash was already rushed as much as possible and they could only make something based around existing gameplay elements in the game while adding the "levels" as the Amiibo's unique thing.

Jman014

Fuck Pat, he reminded me about WoW, which made me think about how they have that Molten Corgi thing going on for the anniversary.

SStGXti.png

And of course it has to be when Battle.Net is down for maintenance. I don't think I'm going to subscribe since I'm unemployed, but the level to 20 sounds like something I might do, just to see what's changed. I don't think I've played this game since... vanilla maybe, doesn't matter since I don't remember my password and I doubt I can access the email I used it on. Not like it really matters. I think tried out a private server in WotLK but no one used it so it was really dull. Guess I'll create a new character in a few hours.

Again, fuck you, Pat, and especially fuck you, Blizzard support tech, for planting those seeds in his fucking head.

Well, Miis are fairly cookie cutter, you could probably narrow it down to a few body sizes and have a machine that can do it, maybe put it in at Nintendo World stores. It could have some of the different head shapes in each skin colour, plop on a hairstyle, plop it on one of the coloured bodies, then silk screen on the facial features. Heck, it could probably get away with stickers for the eyes and facial hair and pens to draw the mouth and other face things.

Not sure if it'd be profitable, though. It could be done.

No! Don't do it! Pat told you not to do it! Do something safer like crack instead.

Do it! Join me and we'll do Garrison Invasions together.
Need to be level 100

Do it! Join me and we'll do Garrison Invasions together.
Need to be level 100

If one of the many job interviews I've done recently goes through, I'll probably subscribe soon. Otherwise I'll just play until it stops being free. And if I do subscribe I'd probably do that auto-90 thing.

Oberon

Banned
NEVER bring this up again.

I find that its hard to study when your getting hyped.

I

I tried doing that and wasn't successful at all.

Too late.

I'm one of those guys that can only really listen to instrumentals when studying, I can't imagine listening to a podcast.

I think they have buffed stats and they input read.

Usually It would bother me, but I can listen to anything when I do Math

Zenfalcia

They have stats that increase, though I'm not sure how much influence you have over them, but they're there and changeable skills and other stuff, you pick their costume that they'll always default to and name them etc.

It looked like there was something about items but that might have been the moveset thing.

I wonder how those stat increases are calculated or are they set.. Hmm..

It looked like you can give them items at a start of a round or something. I remember the FNF that
konkey dong had invisibility star at the start of the round or during the round.

I think they have buffed stats and they input read.

It seems so.

Xiraiya

Random, but I had a thought that would be kind of cool to see in smash.

If you had a mode that let you create an alternate outfit that would let you mix between different colors of existing outfits

So say you go into this mode, you choose Fox, he's standing there, you can spin his model around etc. you get 2 or 3 options which would apply differently to characters based on what their alts change, as some characters vary less than others.

So for Fox it would be something like
- Fur
- Outfit

Something like that I think would be pretty cool.

croten

If you had a mode that let you create an alternate outfit that would let you mix between different colors of existing outfits

So say you go into this mode, you choose Fox, he's standing there, you can spin his model around etc. you get 2 or 3 options which would apply differently to characters based on what their alts change, as some characters vary less than others.

- Fur
- Outfit

Something like in Soul Cal?

- Fur
- Outfit

I would find a way to make Shulk wear his swim suit on the outside of his shorts

- Fur
- Outfit

That would be pretty cool.

Number one need for me is a turn off stage hazards mode. So many cool stages ruined by bullshit.

360pages

Then people wonder why we hold up in this thread. The amount of bullshit on the gameing side is awful.

Also I really think about posting a link to my story here...but then lurkers might see...

Then people wonder why we hold up in this thread. The amount of bullshit on the gameing side is awful.

Also I really think about posting a link to my story here...but then lurkers might see...
Its a mixed bag here. Sometimes we post on topic things the Zaibatsu likes. Sometime people don't know what to expect, but Fuck that
SFM
stuff.

Do it.

To be fair, I don't think it's right how so many posters in that bayo thread dismissed the notion that rape imagery was used for that attack.

360pages

I dont have any issues with that thread tho, since well if you played any games with a Mic on Xbox Live it's 100% true and the time I've spent playing COD and MP with a female friend only solidified how much extra BS comes with just even saying a single word.

I think it's more on the fact that that kind of discussion has been taking up a large portion of the gaming side lately.

It should be discussed yeah, though ultimately I just post in off topic and community threads now and just talk about the games I play in one of those subsections when it's brought up.

joe2187

Banned
Man the Asian physical LE of RE1HD is hilarious.

There's a full manual in english, there's even a reverse slipcover In full english that says RESIDENT EVIL and not BIOHAZARD. The Art book is in english.
Even the DLC coupon slip is in full english with no chinese/japanese text

Why isnt this being released here again?

Tako

I dont have any issues with that thread tho, since well if you played any games with a Mic on Xbox Live it's 100% true and the time I've spent playing COD and MP with a female friend only solidified how much extra BS comes with just even saying a single word.

I have a couple of friends that fake a deeper voice when they play. It's so sad to hear some of these guys just so causally throw around rape, and sexism around. One of them got super scared that she just stopped playing online.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3187253/1/Legends-Now-and-Then

I know I'm going to regret this later, considering only the first 6 chapters have been though editing.
You know I was just joking right? It's pretty decent tho
Man the Asian physical LE of RE1HD is hilarious.

There's a full manual in english, there's even a reverse slipcover In full english that says RESIDENT EVIL and not BIOHAZARD. The Art book is in english.

Why isnt this being released here again?
Maybe they want to bring back old console gamers in Japan due to the early release over there first?

Xiraiya

My take on it is simple, it just shouldn't be an issue in the first place, much like racism, growing up I had moments of being baffled as to why guys get so fucking retarded around females, or why people hate a person because of their color, what does that have to do anything?

If you dislike a person it should be because they're an idiot, not because they came from a different part of the world.

That makes no sense.

joe2187

Banned
I have a couple of friends that fake a deeper voice when they play. It's so sad to hear some of these guys just so causally throw around rape, and sexism around. One of them got super scared that she just stopped playing online.

Same, she stopped almost all together and specifically targeted co-op games from then onwards. Which sucks because she was the only one in my group that enjoyed playing Search and Destroy in COD, She was a beast in that mode and nobody liked playing because you only get one life per round, but I love the tactics involved.

You know I was just joking right? It's pretty decent tho

Maybe they want to bring back old console gamers in Japan due to the early release over there first?

Im just saying why is it that the only version we're getting digital and not Physical as well?

Online mainstream gaming communities in general are just super toxic, but from what I recall when I played WoW, there were girl gamers that were heads of guilds and were really good gamers.

That is why I love seeing the pie increase and gaming is made more accessible.

Smh
Also i see a lot of people getting banned today lol

ThisIsNeogaf.gif

Im just saying why is it that the only version we're getting digital and not Physical as well?
Sorry I haven't been following REREmake and apparently can't read.

It does feel weird. I would think that Capcom doesn't think the LE would sell well here as it does in the Japan. They have all those cool attractions for RE that people love in Japan really love RE. Capcom's really weird with this release.

edit: It also seems like Capcom isnt very confident with its IPs in America. We never got a Physical copy of Ace Attorney 5

edit2: To my knowledge, we aren't even getting a Physical release for the 3DS remakes of Ace Attorney.

360pages

Online mainstream gaming communities in general are just super toxic, but from what I recall when I played WoW, there were girl gamers that were heads of guilds and were really good gamers.

That is why I love seeing the pie increase and gaming is made more accessible.

ThisIsNeogaf.gif

Gaming as a whole is super toxic, compared to other hobbies. Mostly because it's so ingrained in internet culture compared to other ones.

Xiraiya

People should just be better, then we wouldn't have these problems, they should feel bad for being shitty enough to allow problems like sexism and racism to exist.

croten

Sorry I haven't been following REREmake and apparently can't read.

It does feel weird. I would think that Capcom doesn't think the LE would sell well here as it does in the Japan. They have all those cool attractions for RE that people love in Japan really love RE. Capcom's really weird with this release.

edit: It also seems like Capcom isnt very confident with its IPs in America. We never got a Physical copy of Ace Attorney 5

edit2: To my knowledge, we aren't even getting a Physical release for the 3DS remakes of Ace Attorney.

I'm pretty sure AA doesn't sell enough in the west to warrant a physical release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom