• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

On the podcast I think the red twi'lek they're talking about was Darth Talon, who hung out with Luke Skywalker's great-great x5 grandson Cade like a hundred-plus years after episode 6. It's all expanded universe shit so they're both dead.

I think I'm almost done with Persona 3 Portable!
In January, after deciding not to kill Ryoji. Trying to power up to the top floor so I'll have time to wrap up some S links before Nyx. Don't know if I'll be able to continue the game after the 31st, but we shall see.
Soon I'll be able to listen to the Personacast!

Gaming as a whole is super toxic, compared to other hobbies. Mostly because it's so ingrained in internet culture compared to other ones.

OH absolutely. Only in gaming is it socially acceptable to yell slurs at someone online over a microphone because your K/D streak came to an end.

Yes. As a white male I don't have to deal with a lot of shit out there, it would be ignorant to think otherwise

Historically, American hasn't been friendly to the Irish so I don't believe that to be wholly true.

So I saw a post on a different forum complaining about mechs in Xenoblade Chronicles X. Said they would "ruin the game"

Brb, I have to throw up

The guys that directed and worked on Xenogears, Xenosaga 1-3, and Super Robot Taisen is being criticized for putting mechs in a game when he's put mechs in games before...

Hmm

Xiraiya

I think I'm almost done with Persona 3 Portable!
In January, after deciding not to kill Ryoji. Trying to power up to the top floor so I'll have time to wrap up some S links before Nyx. Don't know if I'll be able to continue the game after the 31st, but we shall see.
Soon I'll be able to listen to the Personacast!
Oh yeah I need to continue P3P.

Jman014

OH absolutely. Only in gaming is it socially acceptable to yell slurs at someone online over a microphone because your K/D streak came to an end.

Historically, American hasn't been friendly to the Irish so I don't believe that to be wholly true.

WoW is no exception to toxicity.

Xiraiya

tumblr_mybme2F4iY1sycuvlo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mybme2F4iY1sycuvlo2_r1_500.gif
What a hero.

The worst part about that thread for me is that I already saw discussion about it in the Bayo 2 thread on Something Awful fucking weeks ago. The fact that it took this long to get over here and have this many idiots arguing about it is terrible.

I shared it with a friend of mine back in October, we both agreed it was nothing and that people were fucking idiots.

That akuma comment is as stupid as the rest of the thread. The entire thread is bad and both sides are idiots.

7GUl8Ml.gif

Sure, but that's a lot less common than racism or sexism. For one it's a lot harder to hide your skin tone or sex than where you are from.

It's less common now because a lot of those same people that criticized the Irish, Eastern European Jews, and Italians that were 1910s-1920s immigrants are now dead.

It's taking longer for the same thing with the Latinos and Black America.

ultimax

No, I meant the "akuma has a similar move" as an actual argument was as stupid as the original rape argument itself. The entire thread, the serious arguments and the jokes in them are all terrible. Fuck that thread.
That shit needs to get locked already

Woolie missed the boat on the characterization of Slaine in Aldnoah Zero. He's the emotion to Inaho's logic and is constantly abused by a world that doesn't function on emotion like in Gurren. Hating Slaine is fine, but calling his actions stupid misses the point of his character arc.

I was in that Bayo thread till like 5AM last night. It's got way too much knee jerking and nobody can agree on authorial intent vs content.

Half of them are ignoring context and/or are commenting without even having played the games- which is to be expected I guess.

Anyway- YO the PS4 Is nice. It's a weird thing, but I really like the new system keyboard. It works really well with a controller- only second to Steam big picture.

You know, all this Bayo shit in gaming side made look up Kamiya's twitter to see if any dumbasses have been blocked from pestering him about it. Came across this tweet which basically confirms what me and my friend had already assumed.

That's Rodin's lethal blow, so Bayo loses all her power temporarily. Nothing's weird.

Doubt it's gonna stop all the nonsense in that horrible thread, but it's always good to hear things like this from the creator.

That reminds me. I need to clear out my friends list out of the steam reddit sales people.
You know, all this Bayo shit in gaming side made look up Kamiya's twitter to see if any dumbasses have been blocked from pestering him about it. Came across this tweet which basically confirms what me and my friend had already assumed.
Doubt it's gonna stop all the nonsense in that horrible thread, but it's always good to hear things like this from the creator.
They still cont. it when they were arguing over creators intent vs Interpretation.

The OP tweeted to Kamiya before/while it was exploding. Did he not edit the OP adding it in? That sucks. Kamiya gave a handful of responses about it.

Squishy3

Pretty interesting.

Its because the thread is still not locked when there is nothing to discuss.

Anyone else noticed the new vid was 60fps?
It's 60 FPS because it's a PC game, so they're not limited by their capture equipment. You just put in OBS or Xsplit or whatever they're using whether you want to capture at 60FPS or 30.

It's 60 FPS because it's a PC game, so they're not limited by their capture equipment. You just put in OBS or Xsplit or whatever they're using whether you want to stream at 60FPS or 30.
Yeah, but their small amount of PC footage of Psycho Break wasn't uploaded in 60. They only had it at 60 for the Machinima video.

Fuck yo Bayo babby drama, it's time for some COMPLAINING. So a few days ago I was like "Hey guys Type-0 cool?" and someone was like "PSP check it out" and I was like "OH SHIT English patch?" and Google was like "English patch" so I got hype. Turns out Squenix was like "None of that" and I basically had to time travel to get that shit. What a fucking ordeal.

Fuck yo Bayo babby drama, it's time for some COMPLAINING. So a few days ago I was like "Hey guys Type-0 cool?" and someone was like "PSP check it out" and I was like "OH SHIT English patch?" and Google was like "English patch" so I got hype. Turns out Squenix was like "None of that" and I basically had to time travel to get that shit. What a fucking ordeal.
Go look at your local game store for the patch.

WHO THE FUCK SENDS BRUNO OUT TO SCAVENGE? I'm gonna take a guess and say I'm going to be really mad while watching this.

Woolie fills his pack with supplies and then keeps looking. I get that he's looking for specific materials, but it's an exercise in futility that gets people killed.

What the fuck did I just read for Bayo. I always saw that attack as a finisher and Rodin just being a cool bastard.

Like how do you see that as rape.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom