• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's the raid!

tumblr_n9mehywtde1tdo66yo1_r1_500.gif

I know, I just bought both of them .__.

Jman014

Dragonfall. Unless OG is also on sale.

Isn't Dragonfall just an enhanced version of Returns?

The Dragonfall dlc for Shadowrun Returns is a separate campaign and Dragonfall Director's Cut is the standalone version with tons of improvements to the Dragonfall campaign along with new content.

Oberon

Banned
Great! I own smash Wiiu for almost two hours and there's already the neighbor on my door complaining about the noise....
It's like 6 pm! And I have 4 brothers!
I think my neighbors simply hate us and wants us out of the house...

The Dragonfall dlc for Shadowrun Returns is a separate campaign and Dragonfall Director's Cut is the standalone version with tons of improvements to the Dragonfall campaign along with new content.

So since I got the Director's Cut, I won't need to buy Returns?

after listening to that interview in full with CM punk. I knew Vince was crazy but I didn't think he was that out of touch.

Speaking of Wrestling stuff what do you guys think of Sting finally going to WWE?

I think it's like 10 years too late but that's just my opinion.

I really don't get patriotism

No but you gotta beat up the people that aren't from the place you're from though because they're not as good

Great! I own smash Wiiu for almost two hours and there's already the neighbor on my door complaining about the noise....

Buy some subwoofers and blast the Cryme Tyme intro

croten

Is it the noise from the game or from you and your brothers?

after listening to that interview in full with CM punk. I knew Vince was crazy but I didn't think he was that out of touch.

Speaking of Wrestling stuff what do you guys think of Sting finally going to WWE?

I think it's like 10 years too late but that's just my opinion.

WCW STING >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WWE STING.

He should've stayed in retirement.

Oberon

Banned
No but you gotta beat up the people that aren't from the place you're from though because they're not as good

Buy some subwoofers and blast the Cryme Tyme intro

I wish I could do that!

Is it the noise from the game or from you and your brothers?

It's mostly us, you can't play smash, without getting salty and slap and scream at each other, it's not possible!
He will probalby write another complaint, even though we did nothing wrong!
We respect the rules, we don't do any noise between 22:00 and 6:00.

360pages

Damn, I wish my writing club was a little more active. I pointed out that people should review as a whole more even review stories that aren't on our forums just to make out section a little more active.

Guys, be honest with me. How bad is the Evil Within LP? I'm seeing a lot of, well, -rage-, over that dog boss fight. Is it just unwatchable or what? I'm seein DSP comparisons here.

My current amazon wish list:

9 port USB 3.0 hub
Funko POP Movies: Sharknado Figure
NECA Pacific Rim Kaiju Scunner 7" Ultra Deluxe Action Figure
Wireless Wii U Pro Controller to PC USB Adapter
The Eyes of Bayonetta: Art Book & DVD
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
Build-On Brick Mug - BPA-free 12oz Coffee Mug
LEGO Cuusoo 21110 Research Institute
Good Smile Metroid: Other M Samus Aran Figma Action Figure

Guys, be honest with me. How bad is the Evil Within LP? I'm seeing a lot of, well, -rage-, over that dog boss fight. Is it just unwatchable or what? I'm seein DSP comparisons here.

I thought you were doing pretty well, and that dog boss fight was a bit obtuse with what you were supposed to do. I actually really enjoyed your solo session too.

croten

Oh it's fine, people were doing that for DS2 as well. I think the playthrough is fine.

360pages

It's fine. The dog didn't really make it apparent on what you had to do with it and even then it was moving pretty fast and kept shaking off the certain bolts. It's no where near DSP levels.

Honestly, you're doing fine for the most part, that one fight with the dog in particular just stuck out as being pretty bad. Well, that and the puzzle with numbers earlier in the chapter, but you made up for it for finding a hidden statue I completely missed.

I think it's fine overall, don't worry about it too much. You certainly did better at parts than I did my first time, so it's not all bad.

I felt like you needed to critique that dog boss fight. Its seems fuckin bullshit how unclear on what you needed to do on it.

Its not like the SH boss fight
where you have to find the hint that lets you beat the boss
You did fine otherwise.

Pat, I've played up to where you guys currently were with Johnathon/Joseph and I still had trouble with some fights.

You're not the only person who's struggled with the game.

The DSP comparisons are hyperbolic as fuck.

People forget that you're talking while playing with Matt. DSP has no excuse and he has a fucking stream helping him.

The LP itself is fine but there are times not even in just the Evil Within LP where you guys will complain about the way the game does something when the game either told you how to do it or you simply missed it because you're having a conversation during a critical moment. The important thing in these types of moments is that you learn from them and don't call a moment bad after you've gotten farther in and understand your mistake. Evil Within isn't without problems by any means, and some of the things you guys have found fine I've had my own issues with in the game. It really boils down to perception most of the time.

I'm one of the ones who made a DSP comparison and it might have been a bit gun jumpy because he's WAY worse than anyone else out there, so my bad on that. I just don't want to see you guys fall into the same tropes that you guys make fun of sometimes because it can be a bad look.

Don't ever second guess an LP you're doing. You guys can play the games how you want. We'll watch them regardless because we're fans.

ultimax

Pat, I've played up to where you guys currently were with Johnathon/Joseph and I still had trouble with some fights.

You're not the only person who's struggled with the game.

The DSP comparisons are hyperbolic as fuck.

People forget that you're talking while playing with Matt. DSP has no excuse and he has a fucking stream helping him.

Seriously, people who compare anything to DSP are insane

No matter how many people say you're bad, it's impossible to be worst than DSP. Are these mostly youtube comments?

I haven't seen a single video of it since I'm going through the game myself, but I know for a fact it'll never be as bad as a DSP video. Ever.

Oberon

Banned

I am really enjoying it actually.
You guys are playing it for the first time, so dying a few time is no big deal. Honestly, I prefer this over the RE 4 LP, because there weren't much suprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom